Sheffield Wednesday fans discussing our support yesterday.

5 hours ago, William McBeath said:

It's actually got me wanting to know too. I think you might be right about it being a different version. Because  it wasn't 'bouncy bouncy na na na'. Think it was only 'if you canny dae the bouncy your a tim' and 'let's all do the bouncy ha ha ha' or maybe it was 'na na na'. But I don't think the 'bouncy bouncy' bit was sung. 

I remember trying to start it up with a few mates as a teenager in the enclosure and all the older cunts just laughed at us. It was at a season opener against Dunfermline and we won 5 or 6 nil.

Will see if I can find out what year that was because it was definately well before that I first heard it the way I said it was done. I say that because it might have been later than I'm originally thinking and not at my very earliest times in the enclosure. Maybe it was the same season Walter took over and we done the sheep on the last day as I was there a lot that season and might just be thinking it sung in earlier seasons. Think that was 91/2.

Ive seen the nonsense written by the tramps about it being sectarian. What is it that the time it started proves? Are they making out it started at the same time as this crap about somebody getting killed? 

After thinking about it more though I think you're right about the bouncy bouncy version. It was different. I remember even thinking years later it didn't sound as good but I didn't realise it was because it was different.

Good of you to admit that mate . I'm not wrong . Jesus . I may be a paranoid senile old codger at times.

I still remember those 2 amazing nights though .

Would be good if someone having been at same 2 games could back me up though .

Put the myths to bed

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Good of you to admit that mate . I'm not wrong . Jesus . I may be a paranoid senile old codger at times.

I still remember those 2 amazing nights though .

Would be good if someone having been at same 2 games could back me up though .

Put the myths to bed

I couldn't find the Dunfermline game I was talking about. I don't mean you're right about the whole thing but I think you might be about the bouncy bouncy na na na bit. So it must have started earlier but it just wasn't the complete version we do now. That makes the most sense because I know I'm not wrong about us singing it in the enclosure before Walter even took over. I know you must remember what your on about as well though and when I thought about it I couldn't remember doing that 'bouncy bouncy' bit back then as I'm sure it was just 'lets all do the bouncy' and then ha ha ha or na na na whilst doing it the whole time. Same with the bit 'if you canny do the bouncy you're a tim'. Must be something like that as no doubt it takes a while for songs to catch on and evolve.

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

I couldn't find the Dunfermline game I was talking about. I don't mean you're right about the whole thing but I think you might be about the bouncy bouncy na na na bit. So it must have started earlier but it just wasn't the complete version we do now. That makes the most sense because I know I'm not wrong about us singing it in the enclosure before Walter even took over. I know you must remember what your on about as well though and when I thought about it I couldn't remember doing that 'bouncy bouncy' bit back then as I'm sure it was just 'lets all do the bouncy' and then ha ha ha or na na na whilst doing it the whole time. Same with the bit 'if you canny do the bouncy you're a tim'. Must be something like that as no doubt it takes a while for songs to catch on and evolve.

I know what you were implying . That was good enough for me . That is the only thing I was talking about originally .

This one song we all sing nowadays . New version if you like of older stuff from the 70s/80s but totally different in verse .

Ok . Let's move on

8 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Top bloke, hope those involved are ashamed of themselves when they see that and hopefully donate to Macmillan.

do you know Malcolms or mcmenamys from the castle golf course. and malcolm drennen.

Only just been approved for this sight. 

Just want to say, I like the vast majority of Owls fans thought your support was incredible (again) love having you at Hillsborough. I spent all pre match with Rangers fans in the Jubilee club and it was a great atmosphere as was Hillsborough for the game ( North stand looked and sounded brilliant from my seat in the South) and Hillsborough corner post match.

The only  few Wednesday fans who have any problem with Rangers fans are suporters of Glasgows other littler less successful club. We do have some younger supporters who actually believe we are a bigger club than you but anyone over the age of 16 with half a brain knows you are a Huge club and one of the biggest in Britain (Given Premier League money alongside Man Utd).

Anyway thanks again for providing the entertainment at the match, you are welcome back anytime and good luck for this season. 

Hoping to get up there for one of your matches only been to Ibrox once (To watch Wednesday in Durrants testimonial) and would love to come up to support Rangers. Maybe with Steveger I know he supports both or even Mr Soprano as I know he loves us Owls fans!

BTW great start today keep it up. WAWAW WATP.

On 31/07/2017 at 2:18 PM, .Williamson. said:

Quite a few of them think it's the best away support they've ever seen and then a few think we were being heavily arse licked by their own club :lol:

Guy comes in around the 4th page and defends us with a good post.

Near the end of the thread they start saying some of our fans wrecked a pub called The Crown and attacked some charity collection guy? Hadn't heard anything about that but aye, probably taig leaning Wednesday fans saying that.

Also, the bouncy is a song celebrating a catholic being thrown off a bridge by the well known and mighty UDF.

Uppa UDF

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/257217-supporters-put-to-shame/

I love the "to them it was a big day out post". Nah mate, when it was a big day out we took a quarter of million down south.

1 hour ago, Visitingowl said:

Just want to say, I like the vast majority of Owls fans thought your support was incredible (again) love having you at Hillsborough. I spent all pre match with Rangers fans in the Jubilee club and it was a great atmosphere as was Hillsborough for the game ( North stand looked and sounded brilliant from my seat in the South) and Hillsborough corner post match.

The only  few Wednesday fans who have any problem with Rangers fans are suporters of Glasgows other littler less successful club. We do have some younger supporters who actually believe we are a bigger club than you but anyone over the age of 16 with half a brain knows you are a Huge club and one of the biggest in Britain (Given Premier League money alongside Man Utd).

Anyway thanks again for providing the entertainment at the match, you are welcome back anytime and good luck for this season. 

Hoping to get up there for one of your matches only been to Ibrox once (To watch Wednesday in Durrants testimonial) and would love to come up to support Rangers. Maybe with Steveger I know he supports both or even Mr Soprano as I know he loves us Owls fans!

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Visitingowl said:

The Jubilee Club was class :tu:

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

The Jubilee Club was class :tu:

Yes, it was, although it was better in 2013 with about 4k Rangers there basking in the sun was about 80 degrees. 

Colin the manager is a massive Rangers fan, always had a season ticket and often travelled into Europe to follow you.

The junior football club that play their home games there are called Sheffield Rangers in tribute to his love for all things Rangers.

30 minutes ago, Visitingowl said:

Yes, it was, although it was better in 2013 with about 4k Rangers there basking in the sun was about 80 degrees. 

Colin the manager is a massive Rangers fan, always had a season ticket and often travelled into Europe to follow you.

The junior football club that play their home games there are called Sheffield Rangers in tribute to his love for all things Rangers.

Good stuff. We were all made very welcome and the drink prices were very reasonable. Would go back there in a heartbeat if we play Wednesday again. 

59 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Good stuff. We were all made very welcome and the drink prices were very reasonable. Would go back there in a heartbeat if we play Wednesday again. 

Glad you enjoyed it.

Also forgot to say thanks, to all of you who have donated to John Burkhill's cancer charity. Sure he is now getting a more genuine opinion of what Rangers fans are like. Class club, class fans.