What a difference

kelvd1873

Probably for the first time in 6 years we can now go into a season with no off the field stuff hanging over the club. No tax case/Title stripping/Ashely/bad retail deals etc so that's a big plus.

If Rosenberg can put them out tomorrow and they have a fire sale of players over the next few weeks we have a great chance to go on and win the league IMHO.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

This. And to this day, I still can't believe that Cribari actually played in Serie A and was supposedly recommended to us by Amoruso :confused:

I'm sure that was Mohsni's first game and everyone thought he was amazing :lol:

13 hours ago, Marky. said:

Whilst I would agree with what you're saying, I'm pretty sure the OP is just discussing how last time we played Sheffield Wednesday we were a shambles on and off the pitch. He is only highlighting that in the last four years we have made significant progress. Even then, the progress has mostly been made off the park and in the last year or so.

Just coincidental that we can look back at the 2013 Sheffield Wednesday fixture and compare it to where we are at as a team and as an entity now, after Sunday's game.

Yes thank you exactly what I was meaning. 

13 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm still furious about the Niederkorn game, a couple of results against half fit teams in a bounce game really still doesn't fill me with confidence.

Whilst I agree with your point in general mate, the "half fit" teams bit is not true.

Marseille played a European tie a few days after their game against us, and Sheff Wed start their league campaign this weekend  as well. So I do think they were performances to be optimistic about. :thumbup:

17 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

No more Malcom Murray, David somers, Sandy Easdale, Derek Llambias, Charles Green or Mike Ashley. 

No more one sided contracts form Sports Direct! 

Money being invested into the squad and the stadium.

All thanks to the current board??.

Have a look at the squad diffence. 

A 1-0 defeat to a 2-0 win. 

A lot has changed for the better. 

What a difference 4 years make. 

Only thing that remains the same..... our fans were fantastic in Sheffield as expected???

WATP

IMG_2351.PNG

IMG_2352.PNG

How on earth did that team only lose 1-0!!!!  Player wise we are definitely streets ahead this season and there are clear signs we are gelling as a team. Got to be more optimistic.

C'mon the Gers.

Liverpool beat Munich 3-0 last night, which for me just reminds us all anything can happen in friendlies. Real test is Sunday and onwards - how can our team cope with the pressure and expectation. They didn't cope very well at all in Europe so hope the are better domestically. 

17 hours ago, pcbear said:

Who was McAusland from the first game? that one slipped past my usually alert radar.

McAusland was one from the youth system that dozens on here wank over for some reason. 

For McAusland read Gasparotto, Burt, Barjonas, Perry, Hardie, Wilson, Beerman and Telfer 

my blue heaven - uh, uuh, uuuuh aaaaaaargh - love it. 

7 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Liverpool beat Munich 3-0 last night, which for me just reminds us all anything can happen in friendlies. Real test is Sunday and onwards - how can our team cope with the pressure and expectation. They didn't cope very well at all in Europe so hope the are better domestically. 

This 

anybody with any expectation that we will challenge this year is in for a big fall. We are miles away yet - mainly in the dugout I may add. 

Tranny lover v Pedro? While he's there it's going to be very difficult. 

The real investment ( and it really is an investment if you get it right) is to find a top class manager. 

This place will be in a meltdown by the end of September. 

I'll say it now (and again in October ) we need a top class manager - so will everyone on here!!!!! 

48 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

This 

anybody with any expectation that we will challenge this year is in for a big fall. We are miles away yet - mainly in the dugout I may add. 

Tranny lover v Pedro? While he's there it's going to be very difficult. 

The real investment ( and it really is an investment if you get it right) is to find a top class manager. 

This place will be in a meltdown by the end of September. 

I'll say it now (and again in October ) we need a top class manager - so will everyone on here!!!!! 

200w.gif

Anything can happen in friendlies, aye. But the least 3 performances to me have shown that we've came a long way from the team we watched last season. We now have a good few players who look as if they'll get stuck in, won't allow themselves to be bullied and can actually create something going forward. I agree we could do with a proven goal scorer but I don't think for a second we'll give away the sloppy goals we gave away last season.

Not the finished article yet but we have defo improved the type of players in the squad so some resson for optimistic.dont really see us win the league but no reason not to lift a cup.and that has to be an improvement on the last few yesrs

23 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

No more Malcom Murray, David somers, Sandy Easdale, Derek Llambias, Charles Green or Mike Ashley. 

No more one sided contracts form Sports Direct! 

Money being invested into the squad and the stadium.

All thanks to the current board??.

Have a look at the squad diffence. 

A 1-0 defeat to a 2-0 win. 

A lot has changed for the better. 

What a difference 4 years make. 

Only thing that remains the same..... our fans were fantastic in Sheffield as expected???

WATP

IMG_2351.PNG

IMG_2352.PNG

It's the supporters money that is being invested. we should get the Credit for that.

1 minute ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

I just want a striker in

Ted Striker from airplane would do

Any decent goal scoring striker

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

This was Johnny from Airplane... 

Are you as camp as he is?

JOHNNY.jpg

7 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

McAusland was one from the youth system that dozens on here wank over for some reason. 

For McAusland read Gasparotto, Burt, Barjonas, Perry, Hardie, Wilson, Beerman and Telfer 

my blue heaven - uh, uuh, uuuuh aaaaaaargh - love it. 

As if anyone thought he was good :lol: 

What a waste of a wank that would be! 

23 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm still furious about the Niederkorn game, a couple of results against half fit teams in a bounce game really still doesn't fill me with confidence.

Both these "half fit" teams (I presume you mean Wolves & Sheffield) are at the same stage of thier season as we are in ours, we all play out first competitive league game on Sat/Sun.

It's great that we are on the back pages of papers now because of football  (good & bad) & not boardroom antics, however the board still have away to go yet regards infrastructure of tge club but we miles ahead if where we were.