Jump to content

Motherwell on Sunday roadworks.


RFC RYAN
 Share

Recommended Posts

Heads to any bears driving through to the game on Sunday Airbles rd is shut and it will be a nightmare for those coming M74 way as that's the road up to the stadium. 
Airbles road and Hamilton road are terrible when they are open never mind one being shut. 


Option is if on M74 come off at Bellshill and up through Bellshill into Motherwell, if coming M8 come off at holy town and up the backroad to Motherwell easy enough that would maybe be a better route.

If you are getting the train Airbles is the nearest station to the ground but if it doesn't stop there you can walk it from Motherwell train station. If you are going to the war office or the Orange halls get off at Motherwell as it's a 2 minute walk to them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Heads to any bears driving through to the game on Sunday Airbles rd is shut and it will be a nightmare for those coming M74 way as that's the road up to the stadium. 
Airbles road and Hamilton road are terrible when they are open never mind one being shut. 


Option is if on M74 come off at Bellshill and up through Bellshill into Motherwell, if coming M8 come off at holy town and up the backroad to Motherwell easy enough that would maybe be a better route.

If you are getting the train Airbles is the nearest station to the ground but if it doesn't stop there you can walk it from Motherwell train station. If you are going to the war office or the Orange halls get off at Motherwell as it's a 2 minute walk to them. 

We're goin go to larkhall for a beer first mate what's our best route from there?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

We're goin go to larkhall for a beer first mate what's our best route from there?

Going through Bellshill would be a long way for you. Just go up Hamilton rd but leave extra time. Hamilton rd is the road when you take the M74 cut off going towards Motherwell just keep following the road right up and take a right at the roundabout at the top of ther road you will then see Aldi and Asda on your right. Go straight through that roundabout (when you see Asda on the right) then take a right at the next one and you will know where you are if you have been to fir park before just a straight road right up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

Going through Bellshill would be a long way for you. Just go up Hamilton rd but leave extra time. Hamilton rd is the road when you take the M74 cut off going towards Motherwell just keep following the road right up and take a right at the roundabout at the top of ther road you will then see Aldi and Asda on your right. Go straight through that roundabout (when you see Asda on the right) then take a right at the next one and you will know where you are if you have been to fir park before just a straight road right up. 

Cheers mate I'll show this to the bus driver when we get to larkhall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Prob up over the Garrion bridge and through Netherton and Muirhouse mate.

Shields road is just over the back of Fir Park.

This is actually a better way. Not sure of the road signs to follow will be wishaw/over town. Shields road is right next to the ground. Will take you about 20 minutes a reckon this way if the traffic is fine and near where the busses park. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Prob up over the Garrion bridge and through Netherton and Muirhouse mate.

Shields road is just over the back of Fir Park.

 

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

This is actually a better way. Not sure of the road signs to follow will be wishaw/over town. Shields road is right next to the ground. Will take you about 20 minutes a reckon this way if the traffic is fine and near where the busses park. 

Cheers guys will pass it on.?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Prob up over the Garrion bridge and through Netherton and Muirhouse mate.

Shields road is just over the back of Fir Park.

This is our usual route.

Park at the flats at the bottom of Shields Road and walk up behind the garages. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RFC RYAN said:

Heads to any bears driving through to the game on Sunday Airbles rd is shut and it will be a nightmare for those coming M74 way as that's the road up to the stadium. 
Airbles road and Hamilton road are terrible when they are open never mind one being shut. 


Option is if on M74 come off at Bellshill and up through Bellshill into Motherwell, if coming M8 come off at holy town and up the backroad to Motherwell easy enough that would maybe be a better route.

If you are getting the train Airbles is the nearest station to the ground but if it doesn't stop there you can walk it from Motherwell train station. If you are going to the war office or the Orange halls get off at Motherwell as it's a 2 minute walk to them. 

Why am in not surprised with this when Rangers are playing there . On a fucking Sunday too .

 papish bastards at work

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Where's the best place to park as we've not been to Fir Park for donkeys years?

Is there a supermarket car park or a local chapel car park we could invade?

Put Jack street into your sat nav about a 10 minute walk to the ground but it's ideal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 26 January 2022 19:45 Until 21:45
      0  
      Rangers v Livingston
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...