Darcheville has real spark - Beasley

Bazza

Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley believes fellow recruit Jean-Claude Darcheville will be a hit at Ibrox with his "feisty" approach to the game.

Darcheville made a lively first appearance for the Gers as a half-time substitute in the 1-0 friendly defeat at Hannover 96.

The Frenchman, who arrived from Bordeaux on a free transfer, was booked for squaring up to Chavdar Yankohv and put in several full-blooded challenges.

Former PSV Eindhoven man Beasley said: "He did well, he held the ball well and he is a big strong guy, and he is feisty as well.

"That's what we need, the SPL is very physical. We need some guy up front to fight - him and Boydie (Kris Boyd) will be good up front.

"We're looking for good things from him, a lot of goals."

The USA international was satisfied with his side's display despite going down to an unfortunate David Weir own goal early in the second half.

"I thought we defended well," the 27-year-old said. "We didn't give them many chances. I thought it was pretty even before they scored.

"They had the better of the first 15 minutes but we settled down and were able to move the ball well. I was pleased with how we played.

"We had a chance in the second half, Lee had a great shot near the end and Darche had a couple."

The Gers were playing their third and final match in Germany and face the shorter trip to Falkirk on Saturday for Alex Totten's testimonial.

And Beasley, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Manchester City from PSV Eindhoven, is eagerly awaiting his first taste of the domestic game.

"I don't know too much about Scottish football, no disrespect, but I'm looking forward to it," he told Rangers World.

"I know it's very physical but it was the same in England, I got a little taste of it so I'm sure it will be similar to the English Premier League.

"I'm excited to get my first taste of Scottish football and I'm sure the guys will help me through it."

Also, just heard on radio 1 that Beasley isn't settling in with his new team mates the best beacause he's struggling to understand the accent!!

<cr>

I wouldn't read too much into that, as long as he does his talking on the field, and anyway Cuellar can hardly speak English never mind Scottish!

Neither can Fergie or Boyd

:lol:

Here's the story in writing.......

Beasley has taste of Scotch broth

American DaMarcus Beasley is struggling to communicate with his new Rangers team-mates after finding the Scottish accent nearly impenetrable.

World Cup star Beasley has played his first two matches for Rangers and has been with the squad for a week.

But the 25-year-old, born in Indiana, struggles to take part in conversations with the Scottish element in Walter Smith's squad unless his fellow players make an extra effort.

He expects his understanding to improve, but admits it has been a shock to find the Scottish pronunciation so unique.

"I still have my difficulties with the weird Scottish accent," he said.

"But I have only been one week with the team, I am sure it will get better.

"The guys try to talk slowly to me but when they talk to each other, I hardly understand anything."

On the pitch Beasley got his message across in the friendly against German fourth-tier side FC Gutersloh last Friday, when his dashing performance on the left of midfield showed promise for the coming season.

He was back in action on Tuesday night against Hannover, and admitted the top-flight opposition was welcome, even if Rangers did lose their final tour game 1-0.

"No disrespect to the fourth division teams we played against, but we were very happy to play against the strong Bundesliga team," he said.

"The first 10 minutes were a little bit shaky, but then it got even.

"Our defending was good and especially in the second half of the first half we played very well."

Beasley relished Tuesday night's chance to test himself against a United States team-mate, Hannover right-back Steven Cherundolo.

"I am 25 now and I've known him since I was a teenager," said Beasley.

"We spent a few minutes after the game talking about this and that."

Played football with a couple of americans for a week, a wee bit ago - its hard for them at first but he'll soon get used to it (tu)

Likewise.

A penalty is a PK, and a free kick is an FK! That annoyed me a lot, but we won anyway :)

Played football with a couple of americans for a week, a wee bit ago - its hard for them at first but he'll soon get used to it (tu)

One or two weeks at training and the papers are casting around for a story. Beasley will be fine, just like RR's mates. (tu)

Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley believes fellow recruit Jean-Claude Darcheville will be a hit at Ibrox with his "feisty" approach to the game.

Darcheville made a lively first appearance for the Gers as a half-time substitute in the 1-0 friendly defeat at Hannover 96.

The Frenchman, who arrived from Bordeaux on a free transfer, was booked for squaring up to Chavdar Yankohv and put in several full-blooded challenges.

Former PSV Eindhoven man Beasley said: "He did well, he held the ball well and he is a big strong guy, and he is feisty as well.

"That's what we need, the SPL is very physical. We need some guy up front to fight - him and Boydie (Kris Boyd) will be good up front.

"We're looking for good things from him, a lot of goals."

The USA international was satisfied with his side's display despite going down to an unfortunate David Weir own goal early in the second half.

"I thought we defended well," the 27-year-old said. "We didn't give them many chances. I thought it was pretty even before they scored.

"They had the better of the first 15 minutes but we settled down and were able to move the ball well. I was pleased with how we played.

"We had a chance in the second half, Lee had a great shot near the end and Darche had a couple."

The Gers were playing their third and final match in Germany and face the shorter trip to Falkirk on Saturday for Alex Totten's testimonial.

And Beasley, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Manchester City from PSV Eindhoven, is eagerly awaiting his first taste of the domestic game.

"I don't know too much about Scottish football, no disrespect, but I'm looking forward to it," he told Rangers World.

"I know it's very physical but it was the same in England, I got a little taste of it so I'm sure it will be similar to the English Premier League.

"I'm excited to get my first taste of Scottish football and I'm sure the guys will help me through it."

Also, just heard on radio 1 that Beasley isn't settling in with his new team mates the best beacause he's struggling to understand the accent!!

<cr>

Tell him to tune into River City and he will soon pick it up :cool: