Positives

RangersMedia

1. We'd have lost or drawn that last season. 3 points in the bag and we move on to the next game. 

2. First game of the season and we played some nice football. We have lots of new players and there's signs they are gelling 

3. Fabio Cardoso. Superb. Won us the penalty, strong and solid throughout. 

4. Dorrans is the best midfielder we've had since Davis. 

5. Windass has rediscovered what a football is. Faded a little in the second half but a MUCH better performance from him

It's always a little nervy at the end when there's only a goal in it but we should have been ahead earlier (and Moult should never ever have still been on the pitch). With experience, our game management will also improve - Tav having a shot on goal in the 92nd min from a FK? Stupid. Candeias down the right? Poor. Windass up the left? Silly again. Get it down the corner, get up the pitch, dominate the ball (Warbiola cliche but this one is required in these situations).

Fans again - excellent. 

Onwards and upwards Bears. Happy Sunday. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

1. We'd have lost or drawn that last season. 3 points in the bag and we move on to the next game. 

2. First game of the season and we played some nice football. We have lots of new players and there's signs they are gelling 

5. Windass has rediscovered what a football is. Faded a little in the second half but a MUCH better performance from him

It's always a little nervy at the end when there's only a goal in it but we should have been ahead earlier (and Moult should never ever have still been on the pitch). With experience, our game management will also improve - Tav having a shot on goal in the 92nd min from a FK? Stupid. Candeias down the right? Poor. Windass up the left? Silly again. Get it down the corner, get up the pitch, dominate the ball (Warbiola cliche but this one is required in these situations).

Fans again - excellent. 

See TBH mate I never once felt like we were going to concede a second. 

I think we seem a bit more comfortable at the back row.

We want teams to launch it into our box as they two will deal with that everyday Of The week

Guest Lloyd72

That's a really good away win, Motherwell aren't the same shite team we played last season and they will do well in the league this season. 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

We want teams to launch it into our box as they two will deal with that everyday Of The week

Foderingham does need to help them out at times too. Has to be a little more commanding when coming to get crosses. If he was, their goal would have been avoided for sure.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I kind of agree, I'm not nearly as nervy as when Kiernan/Senderos were playing but their equaliser showed were not impenetrable from set pieces. 

I think I was more nervy about all the corners than i should have been, but yeah alves and cardoso will be solid for us 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Motherwell played well and caused a load of problems with balls into the box.

They missed 2 absolute sitters.

1 minute ago, 55Bear said:

I kind of agree, I'm not nearly as nervy as when Kiernan/Senderos were playing but their equaliser showed were not impenetrable from set pieces. 

I think I was more nervy about corners all the corners 

it defo did mate. But it's a goal that teams for aldershot to ATL Madrid concede. As an ex keeper you're always waiting on the contact so if you come for it goes over you and you look daft, if you stay and the guy gets a Nick then it's a goal. It's a tough one, stay or go for it lol.

It's the same goal we've conceded twice though. Away to progress with nobody getting a touch, then today with guy getting a touch.

Alves and Cadoso in front of Foderingham makes us much more solid defensively.  Jack and Dorrans gives us a lot more dig in midfield.  We'll concede a lot less goals this season.  That's the biggest positive for me.

However, we still lack quality going forward.  We need one or two more quality players who will help us score goals.  If we don't get them I can see us hanging on at the end or dropping points against teams.

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fans again - excellent. 

3kiVeCY.gif

21 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

More confident than I was during that :lol: but I always felt we'd win. 

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dorrans was class, Alves won every ball and in 1st half Windass was excellent.

The same flaws we've had in past few years are still evident.

Going 5-4-1 wi 15 mind to go was embarrassing, tbh

Yep, biggest flaw being unable to put the fucking game to bed. Going to have nightmares over Miller's miss. It'll come, hopefully 

agreed. We need to learn to put games to bed though. Miller scores that sitter and we are on easy street, or windass puts one of his in rather than hitting the post. Teams will look at the Motherwell chances and start throwing the ball into our box now and we have to be prepared to defend that.