Positives

RangersMedia

Plenty of positives for me. Dorrans, Cardoso and Windass in particular. 

Played really well the first 20, albeit the last 20 were very nervey. Turning point was Miller sitter, kills the game if he does what he should. 

Good win against a team that had a bit of momentum. 3 points, and on to the next one. 

Hopefully we can dispel the Hodson is better than Tavernier once and for all. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Foderingham does need to help them out at times too. Has to be a little more commanding when coming to get crosses. If he was, their goal would have been avoided for sure.

He came for a couple in the 2nd half, somebody must have had a word at halftime. 

Main positive for me is that we seem to have a team with a bit of fight now. Not the team of shitebags we have been recently. 

Motherwell looked decent and threw everything they had at us and we came away unscathed. 

Need to start taking our chances though. If Miller or either of windass chances went it its a different game for the last 60 minutes. 

40 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dorrans was class, Alves won every ball and in 1st half Windass was excellent.

The same flaws we've had in past few years are still evident.

Going 5-4-1 wi 15 mind to go was embarrassing, tbh

Why is it embarrassing?

We had the lead and Motherwell were on top so shore up the defense and get all 3 points. 

Would you rather have went gun ho and maybe lost a second and walk of with a draw. 

18 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

agreed. We need to learn to put games to bed though. Miller scores that sitter and we are on easy street, or windass puts one of his in rather than hitting the post. Teams will look at the Motherwell chances and start throwing the ball into our box now and we have to be prepared to defend that. 

To be fair to Windass mate if yon one he ran the length of the park going by 3/4 Murderwell players and curled it off the far post had went in you could have given him the goal of the season award there and then.

Overall I am delighted to come away from today's game winning there are a few positives but what we need to realise is we are far from the finished article still players to come and go over the next couple of transfer windows, no-one is going to lie down to us we will need to scrap for every point. 

If Dorrans keeps up this level of performance I would say we have the best midfield player in the country, which means the Lego-eater will try and do him the first time we play them............watch this space. 

2 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

To be fair to Windass mate if yon one he ran the length of the park going by 3/4 Murderwell players and curled it off the far post had went in you could have given him the goal of the season award there and then.

Overall I am delighted to come away from today's game winning there are a few positives but what we need to realise is we are far from the finished article still players to come and go over the next couple of transfer windows, no-one is going to lie down to us we will need to scrap for every point. 

If Dorrans keeps up this level of performance I would say we have the best midfield player in the country, which means the Lego-eater will try and do him the first time we play them............watch this space. 

If Scott Brown tries anything on any of our players this season he's going to end up with a pair of sore knees. I have full faith in our entire team not to take any shit off these cunts this year. 

Cardoso and Alves are going to fucking assault the racist. 

48 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dorrans was class, Alves won every ball and in 1st half Windass was excellent.

The same flaws we've had in past few years are still evident.

Going 5-4-1 wi 15 mind to go was embarrassing, tbh

Not ideal but it was pragmatic at least, that's needed sometimes 

4 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

Reckon Dorrans will do the same to him. He'll have watched those games last season and say Brown swanning around ibrox as if he owned the joint. A sharp tackle within the first 5 minutes will show Dorrans means business.

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I bought a flute for 50 pence ?

Haha. Man, that song is going to get us fucked this year if it gets sung at every game. Don't give these cunts anything to hammer us with - the SPFL wanted to look at stripping our titles but legally couldn't. 100% they will be looking for other ways to hammer us. 

Bears need to play it smart. 

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Plenty of positives for me. Dorrans, Cardoso and Windass in particular. 

Played really well the first 20, albeit the last 20 were very nervey. Turning point was Miller sitter, kills the game if he does what he should. 

Good win against a team that had a bit of momentum. 3 points, and on to the next one. 

Hopefully we can dispel the Hodson is better than Tavernier once and for all. 

I preferred hodson to tav but on that viewing he was a heavy weak link in the team so don't think we will see him again anytime soon 

Just now, Jelavic191 said:

Reckon Dorrans will do the same to him. He'll have watched those games last season and say Brown swanning around ibrox as if he owned the joint. A sharp tackle within the first 5 minutes will show Dorrans means business.

Broonaldo can't help himself bud there's not a game against us he doesn't try and hurt one of our players having watched or been at the games he has one nasty challenge every time we play them, I doubt there's a game against us he hasn't been booked in and if truth be told he should have seen red in a few of them. 

57 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

See TBH mate I never once felt like we were going to concede a second. 

I think we seem a bit more comfortable at the back row.

We want teams to launch it into our box as they two will deal with that everyday Of The week

That's how we conceded though?

Part of the nerves were due to recent experiences of dealing with crosses and corners. 

All in all though a good win considering last season we'd have dropped points. 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Haha. Man, that song is going to get us fucked this year if it gets sung at every game. Don't give these cunts anything to hammer us with - the SPFL wanted to look at stripping our titles but legally couldn't. 100% they will be looking for other ways to hammer us. 

Bears need to play it smart. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQew5L1TbeBEoX8golF6oS

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why is it embarrassing?

We had the lead and Motherwell were on top so shore up the defense and get all 3 points. 

Would you rather have went gun ho and maybe lost a second and walk of with a draw. 

Motherwell are absolutely shite and if it wasn't for a great save we'd be limping away from there with a draw.

Are we going to go 5-4-1 every time we have a lead wi 15 minutes to go?

If we are, says a lot about managers confidence in defence and midfield to see a game out.

Just now, Bluenose1986 said:

That's how we conceded though?

Part of the nerves were due to recent experiences of dealing with crosses and corners. 

All in all though a good win considering last season we'd have dropped points. 

We conceded because of Foderingham's shitpot decision making.

He's an unreal shot stopper but his brain lets him down at times.

14 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

yes I agree. All im saying is we need to take the chances. Millers miss was unforgivable. Yet this is not an isolated occurrence with Miller and if they had sneaked an equaliser - and only fod saved us here - Millers miss would have been even more pronounced. Plus. Im getting older. My heart wont take this hanging on for the last 15 shite. We should have been 3-1 up and coasting.  We need to learn.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Motherwell are absolutely shite and if it wasn't for a great save we'd be limping away from there with a draw.

Are we going to go 5-4-1 every time we have a lead wi 15 minutes to go?

If we are, says a lot about managers confidence in defence and midfield to see a game out.

Motherwell were far from shite, so you've got that wrong as well. ?

If we win the league because we went 5-4-1 with 10mins to go when we have the league will you say it's an embarrassing title??????