Herrera ?

Blackandra

He won't score a lot of goals but he is there to provide some physical presence up front . He seems reasonably good in the air and will as has been previously said some extra help in defence. If we sell Waghorn I would hope we get another striker given Dodoo is not quoted at the moment 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It was weird. His club said we were close to signing him then a day later Andy Devlin at The Sun reported we had pulled out, with no reasons given. From the sounds of things, his club were very happy and willing to sell (the Chairman spoke about how it was great that Mexicans were going abroad to play) but for whatever reason Pedro decided against it. 

Perhaps he prioritised his funds? With the Waghorn money seemingly coming in, maybe we will reignite our interest.

That is strange, especially going from one minute showing interest and then following day pulling out and to be honest there had to have been a reason he showed interest in the first place:

1. he must know him from his time managing in Mexico.
2. our fullbacks are hardly that impressive.

I like Tav, he has a lot to prove and perhaps Pedro feels that, but Hodson, he kept giving the ball away against Sheffield Wednesday and I'm not quite convinced of him proven by the Motherwell game. I would like to hope Pedro will reignite interest in signing him. For me if I were him I'd go for Walker, forget about Kenny McLean and then bring in Javier Abella, but who knows whether that Motherwell game may have changed his mind?

Ok so maybe this post wasn't in best taste, beers clouding judgment maybe...but at no point did i slate Herrera, I think he'll be a good 2nd striker for us and think we'll see the best from him with Morelos beside him rather than Miller. The point I was trying to make was that i don't think he'll score alot of goals for us, albeit I could have put it out there a better way. ??

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Imagine coming on here and posting that pish OP. Where did you even find it? One of your beast mates send it? 

Bet you thought it would get loads of likes too. 

Twitter actually. And no I really couldn't care less about "likes" on the internet ?

1 minute ago, Blackandra said:

Ok so maybe this post wasn't in best taste, beers clouding judgment maybe...but at no point did i slate Herrera, I think he'll be a good 2nd striker for us and think we'll see the best from him with Morelos beside him rather than Miller. The point I was trying to make was that i don't think he'll score alot of goals for us, albeit I could have put it out there a better way. ??

To be fair though mate, no striker is going to score goals if no one is going to provide service for him:

1. the crosses played into the box went too far
2. large spells kept giving ball away near final 3rd letting Motherwell too much into the game.
3. didn't create enough chances relative to the 2nd point as there could've been more.
4. when there were chances he was bang centre of the box for the perfect position to score, no attempt was made to get it to him.

This is something Rangers will need to work on looking over this game at Auchenhowie out on the training pitch, link up play up front, because Herrera was there to score, just no service.

I thought he done ok yesterday. 

He couldve had a couple himself, but on the other hand he didn't win as many headers as his physique suggests. But when he did link up he linked up very well. 

The difference is he gave everything in the jersey and tracked back like fuck, commiting clever fouls and winning the ball back a few times. He'll score 10-15 goals but he'll be a lot more useful once him and Morelos are on the same page

12 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

That is strange, especially going from one minute showing interest and then following day pulling out and to be honest there had to have been a reason he showed interest in the first place:

1. he must know him from his time managing in Mexico.
2. our fullbacks are hardly that impressive.

I like Tav, he has a lot to prove and perhaps Pedro feels that, but Hodson, he kept giving the ball away against Sheffield Wednesday and I'm not quite convinced of him proven by the Motherwell game. I would like to hope Pedro will reignite interest in signing him. For me if I were him I'd go for Walker, forget about Kenny McLean and then bring in Javier Abella, but who knows whether that Motherwell game may have changed his mind?

If Tav can keep up his pre-season form I'd be inclined to stick with him. He was back in yesterday but just back from injury so I'll give him time yet. The problem with Abella will be he's never been tested outside of Mexico. He's young and might be talented, but right now we can't go for potential - we need guys who can hit the ground running. Since Tav has been here a few years now, he knows what is expected of him. 

He'd be a nice-to-have for me, but if it was between Abella and Walker or another striker I know what I'd choose. 

PS - @THE_MIGHTY_BEARS just posted that Layun is available on a loan. Layun is Abella's big cousin and a fucking outstanding footballer. If we had any money whatsoever to get him in on a loan deal I'd make that a priority.

9 hours ago, philiprfc said:

It's a video made to obviously rip the pish out of someone who is now a Rangers player.

He's here now, let's get behind him.

The video has been out for ages ,I watched when we were first linked with him ,

I also watched the good video too 

all strikers miss 

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If Tav can keep up his pre-season form I'd be inclined to stick with him. He was back in yesterday but just back from injury so I'll give him time yet. The problem with Abella will be he's never been tested outside of Mexico. He's young and might be talented, but right now we can't go for potential - we need guys who can hit the ground running. Since Tav has been here a few years now, he knows what is expected of him. 

He'd be a nice-to-have for me, but if it was between Abella and Walker or another striker I know what I'd choose. 

PS - @THE_MIGHTY_BEARS just posted that Layun is available on a loan. Layun is Abella's big cousin and a fucking outstanding footballer. If we had any money whatsoever to get him in on a loan deal I'd make that a priority.

Yeah you make a good point about someone proven at least who understands Scottish football, Tav I think will prove a lot of doubters wrong this season, just a tad bit worrying as we lack depth, not confident about our backup.

Walker for me is a must, definite starter out wide, scores goals and it's nice to have Windass as I reckon he'd do well out wide coming on as a sub maybe? Could see he ran himself tired by second half. Never heard of Layun but that sounds impressive, just that speculation, even rumours have been dead around this issue, it's mostly been around attackers or midfielders.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Well, we can hope so but I'm doubtful we can find a guy of Dorrans class at that price mate. We got lucky with Dorrans and if it wasn't for the fact he's a Rangers fan I don't think he'd be here. 

Pedro did say last week he wanted 2 more - not sure if at that point he knew Waggy would be away or not. 

Walker, a striker and that full back we were linked with earlier in the window would be nice. McLean on a pre-contract in January.

Provided the striker was a goalscorer and the full-back was decent - that would be excellent business considering the player/squad turnaround with Senderos, Hill, Kiernan, Crooks, Halliday, O'Halloran, McKay, Garner, Waghorn (when) all going. Would just leave Forrester and Dodoo to punt with Forrester already knocking back moves.

57 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

if you posted a video of Millers fails, it would be longer than the 3 Lord of the rings movies combined.

It breaks my heart to see KM's (latest) fall from grace. Age catches up with us all. I can't see him recapturing much of what he used to be good at. For me, it's like the Fod situation. His "fails" are outweighing any good stuff. Shame.

Just now, ronniescu said:

It breaks my heart to see KM's (latest) fall from grace. Age catches up with us all. I can't see him recapturing much of what he used to be good at. For me, it's like the Fod situation. His "fails" are outweighing any good stuff. Shame.

mate, he used to miss these chances when he was younger. Its not age, its just ability - particularly when he has time to think about his finishing. When he does it instinctively - al la sheffield where he took one touch and lashed the ball, he looks great, but when he sees a cross coming in and has time to think, stuff just seems to get in the way.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Provided the striker was a goalscorer and the full-back was decent - that would be excellent business considering the player/squad turnaround with Senderos, Hill, Kiernan, Crooks, Halliday, O'Halloran, McKay, Garner, Waghorn (when) all going. Would just leave Forrester and Dodoo to punt with Forrester already knocking back moves.

Agree with that mate but I'd be inclined to give Dodoo another chance this year, playing off the bench as an out-and-out striker in Pedro's 4-4-2. Would mean we have 2 to pick from Herrera, Morelos, Miller, Dodoo and *new striker*. If he shows fuck all then out the door he goes in January on loan somewhere and next summer permanently.