waghorn off to ipswich

robg58

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, PRW. said:

44 goals in 78 games. 

We're allowed to actually wish players, who gave their all, well when they leave. Doesn't all have to be "thank fuck dont come back" pish.

44 goals and 9 assists for a 200k signing is a fantastic return. He isn't one of the guys who had a shite attitude and never tried, gave his all and loved the club. Wish him well for the future.

He is pish ,he is fucking rhancid . And I hope we never mention his name again after he has gone .

That ok with you too then ??

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He is pish ,he is fucking rhancid . And I hope we never mention his name again after he has gone .

That ok with you too then ??

Away to play at a higher level than us. Good luck to him. 

10 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Agree 100% mate, re: Walker & Moult.

Jermain Defoe would have been an ideal forward to replace Waghorn - getting on a bit now, but he was/is a prolific goalscorer.

Defoe is in 130 grand a week mate no chance of ever getting close to him

Not the worst we've ever had, but he's taken a real bad run of form and his confidence (and the fans confidence in him) is so low that a move is best for both parties. 

He was a grafter, who put in a lot of extra work to try and better himself, so he leaves with my best wishes. 

£1m is a great piece of business for us. 

Good luck Waggy, you always gave 100% effort  even sometimes when you weren't playing, like that time against Livingston away when you came down to our section  egging the support on  

That goal at the start of the second half against Hibs at Easter Road when you charged down the left wing and put the ball away from an acute angle was one of your best.

Unfortunately some the chances you missed last season had to be seen to be believed.

Hopefully in a different set up the magic returns for you  

We putting Waghorn in the same bucket as MOH, Garner and McKay - shite when with us but world beaters the minute they leave? 

Some people have short memories. Waghorn scored a lot of the goals as penalties or in the Scottish fist division. He missed so many guilt edge opportunities for us and his positional sense is garbage, he is not good enough for Glasgow Rangers.

How people can say he's better than Morelos when Morelos has played about 60minutes for the club I'll never know. 

Thanks for helping us get back to the Chanpionship Waghorn but no sentiment from me, he was woeful and will be happy to see the back of him. 

Good to finally see the board understanding the market we are dealing with as well, £1m seems like a lot but comparatively to the other transfers happening across the U.K. I'd say this is a fair price. It does make the McKay fee look all the more silly though.

He didn't hide, tried hard and conducted himself well - that is all I ask of anyone pulling on our shirt - regardless of ability. He also contributed plenty in his first season to get us back to the Premier League. 

Ultimately, he wasn't good enough after stepping up a level, but he will leave with no hard feelings from me. The fact we are making a bit of money off him too, is just a bonus and it is a good move for all parties.

I hope he rediscovers some confidence and excels with less pressure on him. It's important guys like him, Garner, Mckay do well for future business in offloading players.

Best wishes from me.... Good deal for all parties and I hope he does well for himself.

Every single penny needs reinvested in another striker as I would never write anybody off after hardly kicking a ball but I just cant see Herrera or Morelos working out for us. 

Herrera  must have been cheaper than the price we paid as we may as well have kept Garner, same difference really.

I think looking at us yesterday we are a Walker, Naismith type player who can play a few positions up top and an out and out goal scorer away from it.

With them and if Pena turns out to be better than whats there I would say we could realistically start challenging.

He was a decent enough player, and seemed like a good guy. Bit harsh to say he was shite. He's was decent in the championship, and not quite good enough for us in the premiership.

Wish him good luck for the future and cheers for the championship season.