waghorn off to ipswich

robg58

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's getting ready to leave for talks

hqdefault.jpg

Joking aside unlike a lot of the shitebags Warburton signed he has actually scored a solid amount of goals (albeit in the lower division and many were penalties) and can't be faulted for effort.

Its really odd when you watch his goals from the championship back again. Yes, there were a lot of penalties but he definitely had more about him in and around the box and had some really good finishes. Maybe it's confidence related and he needs a new start and if we can get £1m for him then it's good business in my books.

I wish him well

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not the worst we've ever had, but he's taken a real bad run of form and his confidence (and the fans confidence in him) is so low that a move is best for both parties. 

He was a grafter, who put in a lot of extra work to try and better himself, so he leaves with my best wishes. 

£1m is a great piece of business for us. 

This 100%.All we ask is a player gives his all for the team.As long as they do that then they cannot be blamed for the fact they are picked to play.Waghorn always tried no matter what so can't fault him on that regard and I just don't get fans who can't see that and can't wish him well.He played his part in getting us back to the top league and we are making a nice little profit out of it.Exactly the kind of deals and business we should be aiming for.

Had a lot of time for him. Never faulted his effort but obviously wasn't good enough. Seemed to make things harder for himself but always tried. A million is a very good fee and hopefully his replacement is the 20 goal striker we need. Good luck Waggy

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He's getting ready to leave for talks

hqdefault.jpg

Joking aside unlike a lot of the shitebags Warburton signed he has actually scored a solid amount of goals (albeit in the lower division and many were penalties) and can't be faulted for effort.

Its really odd when you watch his goals from the championship back again. Yes, there were a lot of penalties but he definitely had more about him in and around the box and had some really good finishes. Maybe it's confidence related and he needs a new start and if we can get £1m for him then it's good business in my books.

I wish him well

He did really well his first season, was a favourite of mine but he just wasn't up to the standard of a league winning Rangers team 

A great move for all parties.

Waghorn gets away and for him, he wasn't going to play much football this season perhaps.

We get £1m to spend on another striker who will hopefully be our main man.

11 minutes ago, Marky. said:

A great move for all parties.

Waghorn gets away and for him, he wasn't going to play much football this season perhaps.

We get £1m to spend on another striker who will hopefully be our main man.

I think we should spend between 1.5 and 3 million in a decent proven striker we need a goalscorer

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I think we should spend between 1.5 and 3 million in a decent proven striker we need a goalscorer

Yeah but either way, we get £1m to put towards that.

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

How much did we pay for him? Only articles I've found from when we signed him say it was an undisclosed fee but I was sure id seen a figure of around  £750k but may be wrong