waghorn off to ipswich

robg58

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will do well, he always tried and sometimes he was trying to hard in front of goal. Cant count the amount of times i lost the head with him for missing sitters and he couldnt cope with the pressure of the fans but doesn't make him a cunt. All the best Waghorn ?

30 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

There won't be another striker coming in .we have got rid of two and brought two in ,we need full backs and another wide player .

With Waghorn gone, we currently have Herrera, Miller and Morelos. Dodoo is clearly not in Pedro's plans.

The number of strikers we started pre-season with would have been fine if we were still playing one up top. We're playing 4-4-2. We need another striker.

You could never fault him for the effort he put in . He seemed to lose his way last season , maybe just not good enough, and lacked confidence. What use to drive me nuts was he would never pass a ball to another player in a better position to score . Whether it was that he was greedy or just did not see the pass I don't know 

Wished it worked out for him he was a good lad that scored some important goals for us, just wasn't good enough in the end.

Would never have anything but respect to any rangers players if they give 100% which he always did.

Hope it works out for him down there

Part of me feels down hearted as I feel he could've turned things around this season if playing around better players, I liked Waggy and wish him nothing but the best, it's quite sad but nonetheless he'll always go down as one of the true blues who fought for the jersey and was one of the contributors to getting us back to where we belong.

It's the same with folk totally slagging halliday too. Halliday, Waghorn etc worked hard and got us out the championship which was exactly what we needed. I'm sure they all wanted to win the league last season too but it didn't work out. They're not bad players just not quite good enough.

Same with Warburton too, I'm sure he wanted to succeed but just didn't have it in him for this level. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

What was the fee

Started off as a rumoured £1M.

Then some pointed out that £1M for a guy in the last year of his deal is high particularly this guy all things considered.

Word from the Ipswich end is that the fee is closer to £250k than £1M.

Just now, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Started off as a rumoured £1M.

Then some pointed out that £1M for a guy in the last year of his deal is high particularly this guy all things considered.

Word from the Ipswich end is that the fee is closer to £250k than £1M.

Cant see it being 250k mate.. He wasn't very good but worth double that minimum 

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Cant see it being 250k mate.. He wasn't very good but worth double that minimum 

Depends on how you look at it, what did we pay for him? Has he improved? A lot of his goals were in our Championship and/or penalties. Last year of contract. Basically out the team going forward. Not really got a record to shout about down South and they don't like paying for players up here unless you're clearly a cut above everything. Could go League 1/2 and pick someone up there with a decent record for a few hundred K, Matty Taylor had a good record in League 2, started well in league 1 for the first half of the season and joined Championship in January for £300k I believe. 

I think 250k is low too but I did say 'closer to' rather than "is", as a guesstimate £500K wouldn't be too bad for them (considering they were looking for a striker and have got one which should have a year worth of understanding with Garner under his belt) and us as we're getting rid of a player on a year to go with no future that we picked up for a couple of hundred K. Try and bear in mind also fee's for more prolific strikers of this league to teams down south e.g.Hemmings. Until someone in the know makes his/herself known with the facts who the fuck knows?! They could have been desperate, we could have been also, we may have got wide and they bit, they could have been the only cunts genuinely interested etc. etc.