**********The Official Rangers vs Jam farts thread***********

Guest Lloyd72

Just now, its_an_extender said:

I know Herrera is probably injured today but in future we need to see Morelos and him playing up front together. Don't think they've been on the park at the same time yet.

No point spending £3.5M on both of them and playing a 38 year old that doesn't offer much bar the odd goal

As of Thursday at presser we had no injuries.

Either Herrera has a knock or Hardie is preferred.

No Hererra?   Dropped then.   This must be the case as Pedro said at the press conference that everyone was fit.

And relying on Hardie as the sub striker to come on and get goals if needed.   Phew.   Its one thing the manager saying he as full confidence in his squad but he clearly doesn't.  Herrera is a Mexican international striker and Hardie has nowhere near that experience.    A gamble or what?   If he's not prepared to trust his own signings to deliver then why did he bring them to Rangers.    We've never yet seen anywhere near enough of a Herrera & Morelos starting line up.  Why not I wonder.  What is it about these two that he is not prepared to start them together.  

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

It's our best available team imo. What other changes would you have made?

Miller out, other than that none tbh

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Wallace back is a good thing surely 

It is

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

No Hererra?   Dropped then.   This must be the case as Pedro said at the press conference that everyone was fit.

And relying on Hardie as the sub striker to come on and get goals if needed.   Phew.   Its one thing the manager saying he as full confidence in his squad but he clearly doesn't.  Herrera is a Mexican international striker and Hardie has nowhere near that experience.    A gamble or what?   If he's not prepared to trust his own signings to deliver then why did he bring them to Rangers.    We've never yet seen anywhere near enough of a Herrera & Morelos starting line up.  Why not I wonder.  What is it about these two that he is not prepared to start them together.  

Maybe he thinks they are the same type of player and it's one or the other. I honestly believe he sees Peña as Kenny's replacement and that's why Herrera and Morelos don't play together. 

2 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Maybe he thinks they are the same type of player and it's one or the other. I honestly believe he sees Peña as Kenny's replacement and that's why Herrera and Morelos don't play together. 

I'd understood Pena was a midfield player and not a striker.  If the plan is to replace Miller with Pena in due course and play with one striker then I see that it would be an either / or between Morelos and Herrera.    But I'd thought that by bringing in both that he'd be playing with 2 strikers and they'd be Herrera and Morelos.   I guess I'm misreading what the manager seems to be trying to do with these striker selections.