**********The Official Rangers vs Jam farts thread***********

Guest Lloyd72

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I'd understood Pena was a midfield player and not a striker.  If the plan is to replace Miller with Pena in due course and play with one striker then I see that it would be an either / or between Morelos and Herrera.    But I'd thought that by bringing in both that he'd be playing with 2 strikers and they'd be Herrera and Morelos.   I guess I'm misreading what the manager seems to be trying to do with these striker selections. 

Everyone moans about Miller playing deep and dropping into midfield, maybe he does that because Pedro tells him to and in fact we actually play more like 4-4-1-1 and Peña will end up being the 1 behind a striker. 

Like you I'm also just trying to find a reason that he has never really played Herrera and Morelos together. 

1 minute ago, Cobham said:

Everyone moans about Miller playing deep and dropping into midfield, maybe he does that because Pedro tells him to and in fact we actually play more like 4-4-1-1 and Peña will end up being the 1 behind a striker. 

Like you I'm also just trying to find a reason that he has never really played Herrera and Morelos together. 

Listening to Pedro's pre-match interview it seems Hererra is 'overloaded' (Pedro's word) so kept back as a precaution.   I think that's coded language for an injury of sorts.  Pedro likened it to the thing that happened to Wallace recently.   So that at least explains why Hererra is not even on the bench today.  

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Listening to Pedro's pre-match interview it seems Hererra is 'overloaded' (Pedro's word) so kept back as a precaution.   I think that's coded language for an injury of sorts.  Pedro likened it to the thing that happened to Wallace recently.   So that at least explains why Hererra is not even on the bench today.  

Overloaded??

Must've been some fucking Pizza he ate last night.

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

I would have liked to see Kranjar playing today I just don't like Windass, of course now he'll score the winner, but hearts will park the bus and IMO Niko is the one to unlock the door.

Then perhaps Niko coming on fresh against tired defenders may blow that door off the hinges. ??

1 minute ago, JR said:

Then perhaps Niko coming on fresh against tired defenders may blow that door off the hinges. ??

I know Niko's slow as fuck but IMO offers way more than Windass, I get your reasoning but I would rather have 60 or so minutes of Niko than 20 of Windass.