Klaxon Jackson is hurting

Guest Lloyd72

If you watch Formula 1 all the post race interviews are done with a media assistant holding a tape recorder under the microphone.  It's not a new thing but obviously unusual in football. Where there is no trust clubs will want to have evidence of words being twisted or 'quotes' made up.  

Imo sleazy elements of the media up here have brought this on and unfortunately it will affect other less guilty journalists too.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Vanoli said:

That has to be the most amateur article i've ever read, were they Trump/Kim parallels supposed to be funny :lol:

Sports journalism has to be the most doomed profession in Scotland. 

Jesus Christ i've actually got a sore head reading that. 

Not even fanzine- level stuff.

It's not as if there wasn't some real action to write about, was it?

Proper powder-keg stuff in more than one location & he comes out with that drivel.

6 hours ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

That was so poorly written and constructed that it was painful to read.

Jackson playing dumb when he knows exactly why Pedro feels like an 'outcast' in this cesspool of a country. We as a club are outcasts, no one wants us to win whether it's supporters of division 1 diddy clubs or incompetent/corrupt (you can make your own mind up on that) referees and a Federation which is practically by that other mob. Pedro knows exactly what the script is and as he said Saturday was his first proper experience of the lengths they'll go to.

If Jackson wants a big warm welcome to Auchenhowie and Ibrox then maybe he and his colleagues should stop writing the absolute drivel they do about our club in order to tarnish our name while singing the praises of the terrorist sympathisers on the other side of the city.

Who gives a fuck if the media are at our games or press conferences anyway, we should be locking them out rather than them walking out. 

The Q) should be, why would they walk out.

A) because they're under the spotlight with their undermining pish accusations & questions.

A real report would take this opportunity 'as news' and report on it.

Not walk out - fenian, diddy, fuckers.

Essentially seems to be saying that journalists are scared of their questions being filmed in case they end up viewable by the rangers support. 

Surely as a media professional that's your job?  To make statements publicly and stand by then/prepare to take the flak for them? 

Journalists in this country are all the same, they're like trade union reps walking out at the first sniff of an excuse to cause an issue.  They love a 'cause' and something to get dramatic and principled over.

A couple of points to make here . Why if they are asking questions are they frightened to be seen ? . A large number of journalists are happy to appear on TV to give their opinions in fact I am sure Jackson has and do they not have their own video blog. I also happened to be having a coffee today and somebody have left the Scottish Daily Mail. I read their chief reporters pieces . One of which was an attack on our manager. It makes me think the press have got together over a pint or 6 and decided to try to get him out . It was also interesting to read the Mail's report on the game. The reported only mentioned Stokes as being an experienced player . No mention of his part in either of the 2 main incidents - unbelievable all of this 

1 minute ago, onefootwillie said:

A couple of points to make here . Why if they are asking questions are they frightened to be seen ? . A large number of journalists are happy to appear on TV to give their opinions in fact I am sure Jackson has and do they not have their own video blog. I also happened to be having a coffee today and somebody have left the Scottish Daily Mail. I read their chief reporters pieces . One of which was an attack on our manager. It makes me think the press have got together over a pint or 6 and decided to try to get him out . It was also interesting to read the Mail's report on the game. The reported only mentioned Stokes as being an experienced player . No mention of his part in either of the 2 main incidents - unbelievable all of this 

Most of the mail articles are press association syndicated so they're usually pretty lacking in detail 

Just now, Blue72 said:

Most of the mail articles are press association syndicated so they're usually pretty lacking in detail 

On this one was written by their Chief Sports writer but can't remember his name - had a picture of him so he can't be afraid to be seen 

5 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

I would imagine they don't want to be recognised, it's that simple, in this city they're probably frightened they get  a sore face from whatever end of the city they choose to offend.

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

First I heard journalists walked out . Really couldn't give a fuck if I'm honest , I hope they all walk out . 

The fuckers can stay out all they want, don't want the hag cunts boring questions any more anyway. Who the fuck do they think they are?

Let them sit outside in their self imposed ban and we will just screen to RangersTV, sounds perfect to me.

EDIT: first question asked by RangersTV should be "How is it without press in the room?"

PC: "Blissful, they cunts do my napper in!"

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And still bears on here have a go . Make you weep

Only one I've really seen stick up for the media is TheDude and he's a law into himself that one - I think there's a pretty decent consensus on here that the media are scummy bastards 

id personally lock them all out and release all our media on RTV and official Twitter and Facebook feeds.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Only one I've really seen stick up for the media is TheDude and he's a law into himself that one - I think there's a pretty decent consensus on here that the media are scummy bastards 

id personally lock them all out and release all our media on RTV and official Twitter and Facebook feeds.

This is what needs done

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah your maybe right, but it equals the amount of people that are never happy when we stand up for ourselves .That is the hardest thing for me to take .

I urge the board to go on the attack. So I would be a hypocrite , if I never never defended this .

I would just ban all Scottish media

9 hours ago, Vanoli said:

That has to be the most amateur article i've ever read, were they Trump/Kim parallels supposed to be funny :lol:

Sports journalism has to be the most doomed profession in Scotland. 

Jesus Christ i've actually got a sore head reading that. 

You can't have read any Britney articles then - how he has managed to build a career on decades of puerile crap beats me 

10 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un would fit right into the mad world of Scottish football - Keith Jackson

Rangers turning the cameras on journalists is a sinister move.

It's not too late to save humanity.

Just because Donald Trump has a stubby, stunted finger hovering over a fat red button, it doesn’t necessarily follow that the end has to be nigh for the rest of us.

Nor for that matter, must we accept as inevitable the thermo nuclear destruction of the planet just because in the similarly absurd Kim Jong-un, Trump is pitting his peroxide steeped wits against a nemesis who displays even less of a grip on reality than the moron in the White House and his candy floss wig.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are left to watch this ludicrous double act threaten our own existence and to wonder how on earth we allowed ourselves to get to such place, where the lunatics are not only in charge of the asylum but ready to blow it to smithereens.

So we distract ourselves for as long as possible in whichever way we can.

The hopeless pessimists drink to forget as if there really is no tomorrow. The hopeless optimists go the gym while, in their sweaty folly, refusing to acknowledge the possibility that there might not be.

And some of us go the football.

Well, those of us who have not yet been banned from doing so.

And it’s only then that the thought occurs. Perhaps this despotic double act of Trump and Kim have missed their true vocation.

Maybe they belong right here in the madhouse of Scottish football. Perhaps they would take one look at what goes on in this country’s top flight - and some of the characters who thrive in this environment - and realise that their own narcissistic tendencies are strictly second division by comparison.

Yes, Trump might sit on a toilet seat made of 24 carat gold, plotting the end of civilisation as the world falls out of his bottom. True, Kim may be aiming his entire arsenal at all points from Guam to Guantanamo Bay while not being sure if they will clear the fence at the end of his own back garden.

But they wouldn’t know Armageddon if it smashed them in the face. Isn’t that right Mr Regan?

Because less than a fortnight into a new season and our own lot have unleashed the kind of chaos that would make Trump and Kim blush and plead for a moment of calm reflection.

In the space of just 10 days we’ve already had a flurry of red cards - there were six on Saturday alone one of which was handed out after Kirk Broadfoot tugged on a rival striker’s top knot.

We’ve had all manner of managerial spats including the likes of Jon Daly, Brendan Rodgers, Derek McInnes and Martin Canning - as well as Saturday’s rammy between Pedro Caixinha and Neil Lennon which saw the Hibs boss being reported to the police.

One manager has been sacked already, while one club’s chairman has been the subject of an alleged assault.

Among all this anger and bad blood, we’ve had calls for this newspaper to be boycotted by a group of Rangers fans which is precisely the sort of thing Trump would have endorsed.

And, not unrelated, there have been some other highly curious goings on concerning the media at Murray Park, where Rangers have started training their own cameras on the press men who are despatched there to ask questions of manager Pedro Caixinha on behalf of their respective readerships.

There is a sinister sub text to all of this. Ask anything too difficult and the club reserves the right to put it up online in order that the support can act as judge and jury.

Again, this sort of intimidatory tactic will be right up Jong-un’s street but it does not reflect well at all on those who are making decisions on Rangers behalf.

It resulted in a mass walk out of football writers from Caixinha’s pre-match briefing ahead of Saturday’s visit from Hibs and it will most likely happen all over again when the media are ‘welcomed’ back to preview this weekend’s lip smacker of a match up with Hearts.

As if Rangers - and Caixinha - don’t have enough on their collective plate without going out of their way to look for fights because already this next league encounter looks very much like a must-win match for a manager who has never been too far from the firing line since his arrival here.

If there are people around him who are pressing his buttons and abusing their own positions in the process then he should be smart enough to identify them and to keep a safe distance.

Because right now Caixinha appears to be taking in all manner of bad advice.

On Saturday, after losing his first match of the season just two games into the new campaign, he lashed out at Lennon while also depicting himself as some sort of outcast in Scottish football although quite why he feels so put upon or victimised remains something of a mystery.

All this stuff might strike a chord with those among the Ibrox hardcore who dislike Lennon or who wilfully dismiss any sort of criticism of Caixinha as xenophobic axe grinding.

But the more salient Rangers observers will have greater concerns about the manager’s failure to reorganise his team properly following Ryan Jack’s red card.

Hibs manager Neil Lennon celebrates Simon Murray's equaliser against Rangers(Image: SNS Group)

By leaving two men up front he allowed Hibs to dominate the middle of the pitch and as a result Rangers resorted to shelling long hopeful punts up the park in the off chance that they might benefit from the break of a ball. Lennon wasn’t just outraging him and assistant Helder Baptista. He was outmanoeuvring them.

The bottom line here in all of this is that Caixinha has already lost his first three points of the season - weeks after overseeing arguably the worst European humiliation in the history of Scottish football. He can stamp his feet until he’s blue in the face but in this game respect has to be earned.

Should Caixinha suffer a similar fate next time out at home to Edinburgh’s other half, then he’ll need a great deal more than just handily placed pantomime villain to take the heat off. And we’re only two games into a new season.

Yes, all things considered, it really has been an explosive beginning to the latest instalment of Scottish football’s never ending soap opera. Trump and Kim will fit right in.

But for now - or at least until they get here - let’s hope it’s just the game that’s back with a bang.

Agree with the bold points and in all fairness it isn't that bad an article

36 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Agree with the bold points and in all fairness it isn't that bad an article

The bits in bold are fair points by KJ as is the bit underneath your last bit in bold about Pedro stamping his feet and respect being earned, but do you not mean to say that the bits in bold are fair enough in an otherwise ridiculous article? that would make sense ....