Police Investigate Death Threats Against Lennon

FSM

And unsurprisingly the story turns.....

Capture.thumb.JPG.8785c5a8170aa2579b9d391fdb62bb8b.JPG

Vile death threats have been made towards Hibs boss Neil Lennon following his controversial goal celebration at Ibrox during his side's game against Rangers.

The manager turned to the opposition fans and cupped his hands to his ears before making what was thought to be an ‘up yours’ gesture with his pumped fist.

Police Scotland launched a probe into his conduct following complaints.

But now Lennon has received vile death threats from online trolls, which police are investigating.

The Facebook thread sees two men discussing shooting Lennon with one saying: "Somebody needs to shoot that f***"

The other replies saying: "Someone give me a weapon and I will shoot this little terrorist c*** in the head with impunity."

He then worryingly goes on to reveal he has previous convictions involving firearms saying: "I can get one. Not a problem.

"Police Scotland probably all over it now though I have previous for firearms so expecting a chap soon."

Police have confirmed that they are looking into the posts.

A spokesperson said: “Police Scotland are aware of offensive and threatening comments posted on social media concerning a named individual.

“Enquiries are currently ongoing.”

During Saturday's game at Ibrox which ended in a 2-3 victory for Hibs, Rangers supporters had taunted the Celtic icon with cries of ‘Neil Lennon, you’re a w******, you’re a w******’

Following Lennon 's reaction to Simon Murray’s first-half equaliser, fans from the home support reported him for his conduct to police officers in the main stand.

At least one object was thrown at Lennon, believed to be a lighter, and Rangers assistant Helder Baptista complained to a senior police official standing at the mouth of the tunnel about the reaction of his rival.

With regards to Lennon's behaviour, a spokeswoman for Police Scotland said: “Complaints have been received and our enquiries are continuing.”

Lennon strongly denied any wrongdoing after the game.

He said: “You are looking for things that aren’t there. I didn’t make a gesture, I celebrated a goal.

"If they are unhappy with that they can see me, but I shouldn’t get into trouble for that.”

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Shock horror. 

The cunt would love to have something happen to him, just so he could continue to act like the victim - while we all know what a vile little mutant he is. 

He was only celebrating a goal mate....

Taunted by cries of Neil Lennon you're a wanker :lol:

Club 1872 have fucked it IMO. The absolute focus should've been on the shambles of a refereeing performance, not on Lennon doing what he does best. Obviously the anger towards Lennon would boil over completely and you would have people on social media writing crazy stuff, which the media are only to happy to highlight to protect the Lurgan bigot. 

The focus should've been on Beaton, instead the fans group shifted that to Lennon and now that's been turned on its head completely as it makes Rangers out to be the hate filled club etc and allows Beaton to get away with his actions 

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm assuming that's the rebel? BBC are running with actually a fairly balanced report. Can't copy and paste on this but that's not surprising they would put a slant on it. BBC also showing a video as well,worth a watch

Yes. Probably just a couple of teenagers talking a load of pish online, but any excuse to turn the story on it's head and paint the wee dental disaster zone as a victim.

He was celebrating facing the Rangers fans...there is precedent there and he should have been red carded for it by the ref.

However the ref was a cunt and would have sent off any of our players who brought up the issue.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1418089/hibs-neil-lennon-rangers-taunt-ibrox-goal-celebration/

nintchdbpict0003452995312.jpg?strip=all&

Classy cunt.

Honestly 4 or 5 years without us and this wee noneity was only in the papers for threatening girlfriends , scrapping at taxi ranks and nearly getting a doing of Jim Duffy . He thrives on us , we are the only thing that give his existence any sort of meaning as he gets to play the pantomine villain while playing the victim aswell . He is an irrelevance to us so treat him like one .

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40926767

Here we go with the usual pish. 

Oh he's hated because he's a poor wee Catholic from Northern Ireland. 

Why didn't Saint Martin or Saint Brendan get the same treatment then? 

Lennon's a first class prick, end of fucking story. 

Poor Lennon he is such an angel and would never instigate anything. :whistle:

I did say yesterday that the statement from C1872 was against the wrong target, it should have been against the referee. If they were so concerned about TLB they could have added a bit at the end. I assume the RO will be out with something soon as well. :headwall: 

27 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

He was celebrating facing the Rangers fans...there is precedent there and he should have been red carded for it by the ref.

However the ref was a cunt and would have sent off any of our players who brought up the issue.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1418089/hibs-neil-lennon-rangers-taunt-ibrox-goal-celebration/

nintchdbpict0003452995312.jpg?strip=all&

Classy cunt.

More over exuberance from Hibs.