Union Bears Statement

Just now, KingKirk said:

playing teams once a season at Ibrox will help the atmosphere mate 

Of course it wont :lol: Do you really think people in the second half of the season are saying 'cannae be arsed the day we played Ross County at home 5 months ago' :lol: 

The season would also be like 4/5 months long

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Of course it wont :lol: Do you really think people in the second half of the season are saying 'cannae be arsed the day we played Ross County at home 5 months ago' :lol: 

Yes thats exactly what folk will say.

The bheasts have already been in bother with the standing section, thus making our security and police wary of it.

Rangers don't want or need these problems.

Basically, Rangers security don't want a standing section. I know the blue order and union bears are pushing for it,

and no matter how many people sig the petition, they will not all be in the standing section. They are only signing in favour it.

Realistically, one of the guys is a David Martin if I remember his name correctly, head of security as well as his assistants/partners, whatever.

They really do not like the BO & UB's and would happily see the back of them.

He really does not want a standing section and the police no doubt agree with him.

The real matter is the cost to the board, advice from the security which will always be against this

safe standing, and the matter of upsetting fans having to be moved for it if  were to be in another part of the stadium.

They all stand In the BF1 anyway so why is there a need to have an official standing area?

They really need to push the Rangers board on it as it is their stadium and if they want it,

then they simply just say go ahead, as long as the fans pay for it. :)

7 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Yes people are bored with the repetitive nature of our league

6 minutes ago, mchammer said:

The bheasts have already been in bother with the standing section, thus making our security and police wary of it.

Basically, Rangers security don't want a standing section. I know the blue order and union bears are pushing for it,

and no matter how many people sig the petition, they will not all be in the standing section. They are only signing in favour it.

Realistically, one of the guys is a David Martin if I remember his name correctly, head of security as well as his assistants/partners, whatever.

He really does not want a standing section and the police no doubt agree with him.

The real matter is the cost to the board, advice from the security which will always be against this

safe standing, and the matter of upsetting fans having to be moved for it if  were to be in another part of the stadium.

They all stand In the BF1 anyway so why is there a need to have an official standing area?

They really need to push the Rangers board on it as it is their stadium and if they want it,

It's not just ub that want it.

3 minutes ago, mchammer said:

cause plenty of people outwith BF1 want to stand 

We pay for everything else under this board anyway and costs would be minimal

5 minutes ago, mchammer said:

They do a good job inside the ground.. So we 100% need them but as I already said in this thread. We need to get the other sections of the stadium helping with the atmosphere when thats done then IMO we can then look at the next step (safe standing) as away to improve the atmosphere even more

20 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

See all the moaners do they go to away games ?

This is relevant to home games how?  

24 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You won't have a choice unless you want to stand if it goes through.

Obviously - I wouldn't be accepting a lesser quality though. I didn't choose to stand in the enclosure when it was open and I wouldn't choose to stand now.  Nothing really to do with age, I'm nowhere near 65 btw ? - being 5'3 I don't have the advantage of height to be able to see over other people's shoulders.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Obviously - I wouldn't be accepting a lesser quality though. I didn't choose to stand in the enclosure when it was open and I wouldn't choose to stand now.  Nothing really to do with age, I'm nowhere near 65 btw ? - being 5'3 I don't have the advantage of height to be able to see over other people's shoulders.

You could sit on @Frank Harrison shoulders :lol:

After two games in my seat this year i'm already wishing I got one in BF1 or BF2. 

The view is excellent but everyone around me is unbelievably dull.

The atmosphere at games is dreadful and the club need to do something about it. If it was in the Copland Front then a lot more people who were outside the UB and TBO would go in there and you would get all sorts of different groups springing up.

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You've revealed your true motives now Mr Frodo

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Because everyone stands no matter what age they are and the atmosphere is 9 times out of 10 cracking.

would love for a standing section st ibrox