Union Bears Statement

Although 5000 or whatever have signed a petition, some questions need to be addressed:

How many of those who signed are attendees at every home game?

How many are season ticket holders?

How many of them would actually wish to stand at a game?

Will they pay the same price for a season ticket as those they will replace?

How many people will stand in the proposed section?

Where will it be located?

I have one more question:

When did the stadium previously have such a great atmosphere at every home game, the one which people wish to bring back?  I ask this because as someone who has been going every season for decades I certainly don't remember any such period.

@Paisleybear1872

I think the UBs should be moved to a prominent standing section which should also be offerred to other ST holders but so far the UBs have continued to allow people to set off flares at Ibrox and beyond and until that stops how do you expect the club to trust you ?

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Although 5000 or whatever have signed a petition, some questions need to be addressed:

How many of those who signed are attendees at every home game?

How many are season ticket holders?

How many of them would actually wish to stand at a game?

Will they pay the same price for a season ticket as those they will replace?

How many people will stand in the proposed section?

Where will it be located?

I have one more question:

When did the stadium previously have such a great atmosphere at every home game, the one which people wish to bring back?  I ask this because as someone who has been going every season for decades I certainly don't remember any such period.

Why are you so vehemently against the proposal?

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

From my post on page 8 (post 11 down) :

I'm not opposed to a standing area but if people have an idea then they need to give it some more serious thought.  

Agree here. You need to get a project assessment done and take it to the Club giving not only the idea, but how you'd propose it's done.

If you can show the Club it can actually be done, then you'd have even more support for the idea than you currently have.

You should also involve club1872 and the SLO in your plans.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

From my post on page 8 (post 11 down) :

I'm not opposed to a standing area but if people have an idea then they need to give it some more serious thought.  

It's not an idea that's just been thought about overnight mate. The group have been pushing for this for years, as stated, forwarding proposals and discussions with people involved in installing SS. 

Dont really understand how you can give it much more serious thought, without making it public knowledge we are pursuing it. A lot of questions you asked are for further down the line imo, but when in a position to discuss this then off course it should be made clear to all fans what the plan was by the club. It's the club call at the end of the day, and with more public backing it hopefully won't only be the group pushing for this further down the line.

7 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

It's not an idea that's just been thought about overnight mate. The group have been pushing for this for years, as stated, forwarding proposals and discussions with people involved in installing SS. 

Dont really understand how you can give it much more serious thought, without making it public knowledge we are pursuing it. A lot of questions you asked are for further down the line imo, but when in a position to discuss this then off course it should be made clear to all fans what the plan was by the club. It's the club call at the end of the day, and with more public backing it hopefully won't only be the group pushing for this further down the line.

So what exactly are the proposals?

I ask as someone who's in favour of the idea, but like JCDBIGBEAR, I'd like to know the details of the proposal.

You can't just go to the Club with an idea for SS and tell them it's their problem how they provide it.

33 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

@Paisleybear1872

I think the UBs should be moved to a prominent standing section which should also be offerred to other ST holders but so far the UBs have continued to allow people to set off flares at Ibrox and beyond and until that stops how do you expect the club to trust you ?

They have never set of a flare in Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

the atmosphere in stadiums is purely down to the fixture ibrox like any stadium in the world will be quieter against lesser teams and rocking against better teams it's just a fact of football whether people are standing or sitting 

You only have to look at the Germans mate every ground has safe standing and it's rocking for every game I think it has to happen.

6 minutes ago, thebooler said:

So what exactly are the proposals?

I ask as someone who's in favour of the idea, but like JCDBIGBEAR, I'd like to know the details of the proposal.

You can't just go to the Club with an idea for SS and tell them it's their problem how they provide it.

"the past few years we have worked hard to develop a detailed proposal for a safe standing section at Ibrox, which included meeting with architects, companies who have implemented rail seats in other grounds and a dedicated football crowdfunding platform who have achieved success with projects around the country and in Europe. We also conducted our own research to establish the level of interest among Rangers fans to both see a safe standing section installed and actively be a part of one."

They have clearly looked in to it extensively and have the answers, which I guess they have provided to club.

I've heard theres already been some progress behind the scenes since the statement was released so heres hoping. 

8 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

the atmosphere in stadiums is purely down to the fixture ibrox like any stadium in the world will be quieter against lesser teams and rocking against better teams it's just a fact of football whether people are standing or sitting 

Not true, its only like that in Britain. 

17 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

You only have to look at the Germans mate every ground has safe standing and it's rocking for every game I think it has to happen.

I've no issue with it happening , it's a class idea for lads that want to stand  but if people think ibrox will be a caldron of noise against Hamilton there wrong , I've stood in the east enclosure against aidrie ibrox was quiet I've sat in the stadium champions league nights and the noise is unbelievable, it's just the nature of the game , Dortmund Byern will be 100 times louder than Dortmund Mainz , it's just the way it is 

31 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

I may be wrong but I think the Germans allow 2 standing for every seat whereas here,it's 1 for 1.We would have no increase in attendances.

1 hour ago, thebooler said:

Don't even go there - none of our support should be giving money to the cunts that booted us........and booted us again.........and again........and continue to do so!

Correct Bud not one penny should go to these bhastards!

IMG_4980.PNG.0d1912d47b4a2225260f5f994d42466a.PNG

40 minutes ago, PRW. said:

"the past few years we have worked hard to develop a detailed proposal for a safe standing section at Ibrox, which included meeting with architects, companies who have implemented rail seats in other grounds and a dedicated football crowdfunding platform who have achieved success with projects around the country and in Europe. We also conducted our own research to establish the level of interest among Rangers fans to both see a safe standing section installed and actively be a part of one."

They have clearly looked in to it extensively and have the answers, which I guess they have provided to club.

I've heard theres already been some progress behind the scenes since the statement was released so heres hoping. 

What you heard mate sounds positive?

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

Do you go to away games? They don't have sections at away matches.

Yes I went to Sheffield and it came from the section where they were standing and it seems your trying to deflect the use of the flares away from the UBs. 

As said, I back a standing section 100% but they need to get their house in order.