Union Bears Statement

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I've never got the whole "its my seat" thing.

It's not your seat and never will be, you're basically renting it for a season and there is literally nothing to stop the Club from going "you're not sitting there next season" if they wanted to

The fact is if this goes thru the Club will inquire as to who would be willing to move from each section, and if the majority say no then it won't happen, but the majority will say yes, and the Club will write to those in the section giving them the option to stay, some will some wont, those having to move will be compensated in some way either from a reduced price ST or first refusal on other seats etc. It will be done as fairly as possible, but at the end of the day if the Club felt so inclined they could say to everyone in CF that their seat won't be available next season and there's nothing anyone could do other than voice their concerns.

What seat your in May have some sentimental value but at the end of the day it's meaningless and no one owns their seat in Ibrox

Some radge old mentalist who just couldn't stop shouting utter shite with an annoying as fuck accent started arguing with a young boy who was sitting next to me. The young boy had had enough of this constant tirade of shite abuse dished out to our players to which he was told "I've had this seat for 10 years so I'll say what I fucking want" :lol:

I'm actually enjoying not having my ST this year as a I get to move around.

Just now, JWAB said:

Some radge old mentalist who just couldn't stop shouting utter shite with an annoying as fuck accent started arguing with a young boy who was sitting next to me. The young boy had had enough of this constant tirade of shite abuse dished out to our players to which he was told "I've had this seat for 10 years so I'll say what I fucking want" :lol:

I'm actually enjoying not having my ST this year as a I get to move around.

Reminds me of CH when he boycotted greetin cause someone took "his seat". He walked away from the Club and didn't renew and still thought it was his seat :lol:

I've had an ST almost every year for 25 years and I've sat in many different seats and never thought of it as my seat even the seat I was in for 5 years in a row

Sitting in the same seat for 10 years makes you no different than any other 10 year ST holder

Don't see why anyone would think "I want to go see Rangers, but only from that seat, id chuck it if I coudlnt sit in that seat" :lol:

Just makes folk seem kinda petty when it's in relation to the issue in this thread

54 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

There must have been a u-turn then as they were previously rejected:

Next time you google "rail seating" and "you know who FC" make sure you quote an up to date article. They do have rail seating, the article you quoted relates to when they were previously refused.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Read my posts, given my opinion.

Just because you start the chat doesn't mean you should have preferential treatment.

Just because you currently stand and sing doesn't mean you should have preferential treatment.

All fans are equal and as such deserve the right to be consulted on any change.

You've not said any demands anywhere we would make, just that we would "start getting all arses with demands." Shouldn't be too hard to give a quick list of the demands you imagine? struggling to imagine them myself which is why I'm so confused.

If you think Rangers are going to exclude the only section in Ibrox that has been standing at games for years and years - when you aren't actually allowed technically - from a newly built safe standing section then you are completely off your head to be honest.

Ofcourse all fans are equal but BF1 is the accepted standing section of Ibrox where those who are the most keen to stand and sing are. To exclude them from a newly built standing section for that very purpose, when the current arrangement shouldn't technically be allowed, defies all common sense.

Just now, Paisleybear1872 said:

You've not said any demands anywhere we would make, just that we would "start getting all arses with demands." Shouldn't be too hard to give a quick list of the demands you imagine? struggling to imagine them myself which is why I'm so confused.

If you think Rangers are going to exclude the only section in Ibrox that has been standing at games for years and years - when you aren't actually allowed technically - from a newly built safe standing section then you are completely off your head to be honest.

Ofcourse all fans are equal but BF1 is the accepted standing section of Ibrox where those who are the most keen to stand and sing are. To exclude them from a newly built standing section for that very purpose, when the current arrangement shouldn't technically be allowed, defies all common sense.

Read on you will see.

Also I've never once said exclude the UB. I said they shouldn't be given first refusal because of raising the issue.

Feel like a fucking parrot here!!

18 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Read on you will see.

Also I've never once said exclude the UB. I said they shouldn't be given first refusal because of raising the issue.

Feel like a fucking parrot here!!

You've not which is why you keep avoiding saying what the demands we would start making after safe standing are. You also began by claiming this is about making the UB feel more important about themselves. The UB was created to add colour and atmosphere to Rangers games home and away, the benefit of creating a better atmosphere is the benefit of Ibrox - the ultimate reason for our existence.

The order I personally believe it will go in is season ticket holders in that area will be told what is happening and be given the choice of staying or moving. Following that the club will give the group a fairly negotiated amount of the allocation that is left (don't worry the amount we get will be less than the amount that is left). The seats left will then be given to those who register an interest. I personally believe that is the fairest way and it's pretty much the exact same situation as Celtic.

To add this is all completely hypothetical, it may not be the CF although that seems the most popular choice and common example. We as Rangers fans have made massive strides in the past week but there is still a long way to go.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Well I'd suggest if they are given a leading role they would be wanting a certain number of seats, presumably all together, probably assurances about gaining more seats upon growth. Probably even down to what seats and position in the section.

As we said earlier, hypothetical and my opinion, but it's where I can see it going. 

@Paisleybear1872

see above posted 2 hours ago 

5 minutes ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

You've not which is why you keep avoiding saying what the demands we would start making after safe standing are. You also began by claiming this is about making the UB feel more important about themselves. The UB was created to add colour and atmosphere to Rangers games home and away, the benefit of creating a better atmosphere is the benefit of Ibrox - the ultimate reason for our existence.

The order I personally believe it will go in is season ticket holders in that area will be told what is happening and be given the choice of staying or moving. Following that the club will give the group a fairly negotiated amount of the allocation that is left (don't worry the amount we get will be less than the amount that is left). The seats left will then be given to those who register an interest. I personally believe that is the fairest way and it's pretty much the exact same situation as Celtic.

To add this is all completely hypothetical, it may not be the CF although that seems the most popular choice and common example. We as Rangers fans have made massive strides in the past week but there is still a long way to go.

You're not getting my point.

Nothing against UB or making a better atmosphere.

My issue is how it will be allocated. Impact on moving fans from designated area. How fans will be consulted with or offered the opportunity to stand as opposed to sitting and that the whole process should be something engaging all season ticket holders.

UB are taking a lead role, but should not be given priority as a result of doing so.

14 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

@Paisleybear1872

see above posted 2 hours ago 

Thanks, I take it back about the list of demands. The way it worked with Celtic and the way BF1 currently works is there is a fairly negotiated allocation given by the club and the way would happen on for this would again be on the basis of availability from people who don't move ( I strongly believe). The group's allocation would be together and it would be selectively chosen, from the front (honestly the worst view so I don't see how it would be a problem). I don't imagine an arrangement based upon growth, anyone who has any interest if ever being involved with the UB/atmosphere on a matchday will be looking to move if this eventually happens. I personally don't see a problem in that, it isn't really unreasonable.

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

My issue is how it will be allocated. Impact on moving fans from designated area. How fans will be consulted with or offered the opportunity to stand as opposed to sitting and that the whole process should be something engaging all season ticket holders.

UB are taking a lead role, but should not be given priority as a result of doing so.

What I've posted is what I personally believe to be the fairest way. I believe people choosing to move out should be given first choice on availability at no extra cost to their season ticket.

As you can see from my post it's not from taking a lead role that I believe we came into it, it's from being the section that has stood for years and holds the people currently most keen to stand and sing at Ibrox, and a section that is allowed to happen at grounds through leniency. It's really common sense to seek to move those same people into a 'safe' standing section. Obviously those in the area should be given the choice to stay or move IMO and then thereafter as I previously listed.

51 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

And you've assumed the worst possible scenario in each of those situations

1 minute ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

Began with e-mails and messages directly and then spread with people contacting us to add their support. Feel like you have a problem...

Yes, my SC is listed and the boys that run it are none the wiser. Leave them to clear it up though. Just pointing out that some mongo on the internet saying, 'Add...' shouldn't be enough to produce something like that. Really amateur.

Just now, BEE said:

Yes, my SC is listed and the boys that run it are none the wiser. Leave them to clear it up though. Just pointing out that some mongo on the internet saying, 'Add...' shouldn't be enough to produce something like that. Really amateur.

You're right about that, there's plenty RSC's that have been left out for that reason though so calm your jets. What's your RSC and I'll sort out where it came from and have it took off if necessary. Pm if you don't want to post it publically or that, just whatever suits.

2 minutes ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

You're right about that, there's plenty RSC's that have been left out for that reason though so calm your jets. What's your RSC and I'll sort out where it came from and have it took off if necessary. Pm if you don't want to post it publically or that, just whatever suits.

PM'ed.

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

Fwiw, our supporters bus had a poll.

Voted overwhemingly in support.

Fair enough, not the case with us - and now being asked who has done it.