Union Bears Statement

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Course not, there will be thousands wanting in.

If the club really wanted this to happen they would of polled the ST holders and seen how many would want a move in to it. They don't seem interested which is why UB have went public I presume, to get the supports backing and push for it.

It's looking that way unfortunately, wish they'd just come out either say yes or no. As you say there's serious demand and I can't imagine it'd cost that much

14 minutes ago, thebooler said:

I'm not affected by this issue and it's not something I'm against, but I'd say the Club are correct in that it's not an urgent matter at this moment in time.

Get the money spent on players who can get us back to winning ways, then concentrate on stuff like this.

2 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

It is a no brainer. And at least then, everybody else in the ground who is unable or unwilling to stand can watch the game untroubled.

my old boys got a bad knee and constantly shouting at folk to sit down :lol: happens all over the stadium too, this would go a long way to preventing it 

I take it there's rules against allowing standing if it's not set up for it? Could the club for instance say "If you want to stand at games move to Broomloan Front" and just leave the seats there but let the fans know if they want to sit they should sit in a different stand? Do we have to put in the railings etc?

I don't know if anyone remembers the PSV game a number of years ago, maybe early in 2011; the crowd behind the goals that night was mostly standing; that was the match when Greg Wylde was brilliant. It kind of proved to me that a standing section would work. Someone mentioned the enclosure, which I think is a good suggestion; it seems it would be better as a standing area than sitting.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Get the money spent on players who can get us back to winning ways, then concentrate on stuff like this.

I agree with you, but if the Club don't bring in players OR provide safe standing, then that's not on.

I think the problem is more that the Club have shown a distinct lack of interest on the matter.

As I've often said, we are victims of our own loyalty, and the hierarchy know that.

16 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Is the stumbling block that the toddler fondlers take up that part of the ground when they visit?

Or is it easily removed again?

I'm no clued up on it tbh.

Just takes a key to unlock it and turn it into a normal seat, so could do it against them and in European games when it's mandatory.

To be fair to the current board they have been fighting much bigger things with the retail deal amongst other thing hopefully these talk just weren't prioritised and are in the offing 

not a fan of these statements regardless of wether I agree with the sentiments or not

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

I sit in the Copland front and I'd fucking love it to be all safe standing!

No doubt there'll be a lot of people against it though - you'll never please everyone sadly

Don't think anybody would be against it to be honest. I want to sit down and don't want cunts standing up and blocking my view and if one section, or more, is standing only, I know where not to go. Simples. Everybody happy.

The bit I agree with most in that statement is that ibrox has been left to rapidly decline over the past six years. The place is filthy, the food is rotten and not befitting of the money we pay for STs. Positive change should be pushed for everywhere in the ground.

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

Don't think anybody would be against it to be honest. I want to sit down and don't want cunts standing up and blocking my view and if one section, or more, is standing only, I know where not to go. Simples. Everybody happy.

I think plenty of ST holders would oppose it sadly. A minority maybe, but probably a really vocal minority at that :lol:

As an aside, my only slight worry is it could end up a massive hassle with how incredibly incompetent our ticket office is at times.

3 minutes ago, Bydo said:

The bit I agree with most in that statement is that ibrox has been left to rapidly decline over the past six years. The place is filthy, the food is rotten and not befitting of the money we pay for STs. Positive change should be pushed for everywhere in the ground.

The banners they keep adding are obviously their way of improving things, don't know anyone who likes them.

I appreciate what people are saying in relation to 'the board have bigger fish to fry'. 

But do they really? Why underestimate the the importance of Match Day experience. As fans we have every right to push for this. 

If they actually come out and talk to us about it, then at least that's something. But they're always banging on about Match Day experience, so here's the real way to improve it. 

I would fully back it. 

Admirable intent, but the shenanigans the groin brigdae got up to and the threatened removal of  their safety certificate for their entire stadium due to fan behaviour in that section means a license application will be turned down flat for us. 

Possibly if we'd got in first there might have been an option, but don't see it now at all. TBH I'd be massively surprised if their trial lasts 3 years, suspect they'll need to change it back next close season.