Union Bears Statement

1 minute ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Opinion of members also mate??

Fair enough mate, ultimately I hope they get what they want just not how I like to see things done. Based on the statement it doesn't look like the board has handled this well either.

This could go one or two ways, either the club fold to the pressure or they dig their feet in and remove any other offers they've made. 

I sit to the right of the dugouts so have a great view of them, without them there most songs wouldn't make it past the first verse. 

Govan Front would be ideal imo. Large enough to accommodate those interested plus given the positioning of the cameras would create the best visual impression. Given they are among the best (expensive) seats the club would disagree i suspect.     

I agree that it's sad that the group have to go public with this but the club claimed that they would liaise with the support and I agree with the cause, pretty fed up with the board only commenting when someone has a personal dig at one of them.

Get your finger out.

2 minutes ago, jcb said:

Govan Front would be ideal imo. Large enough to accommodate those interested plus given the positioning of the cameras would create the best visual impression. Given they are among the best (expensive) seats the club would disagree i suspect.     

As a GF3 occupant of 24 years I say politely no. 

Everyone who is in whatever section they choose will lose their seat and get a new one don't see what people feel so entitled about?

As I said if they were rebuilding the stands or changing the seating arrangements no one would get asked and this is the exact same

They're not giving someone else "your" seat as "your seat" will no longer exist

2 minutes ago, jcb said:

As a GR4,5&7 occupant for nearly 40 years i think you'll find i outrank you.

Good for you mate but I still wouldn't support me (and a few thousand others that are clearly happy to sit ) moving to another stand. I expect that I am not the only "nimby" but good luck if an area can be found. 

4 minutes ago, ARockit said:

Good for you mate but I still wouldn't support me (and a few thousand others that are clearly happy to sit ) moving to another stand. I expect that I am not the only "nimby" but good luck if an area can be found. 

Think you are safe enough for another 24 years as it won't happen. No matter the part of the ground chosen (if it ever comes to fruition) there will be people not happy, which i understand totally. As long as the GR is left to the moaning oldies like myself.  

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Agree with all of that 

However, one thing lads - the songbook you have needs much improvement. Thats an area that needs working on from within eg 9 in a row blah blah blah, jason holt and halliday - cmon!!! 

Other than that keep up the good work lads. 

apart from spraypainting 

thats my only gripe with them is they cant sing the rangers great tunes instead of COPYING stupid tunes that celtic fans sing then change the words

I dont think they will go down ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ route of billy big shots so should defo be heard, if the chanfe the songs get me in the safe standing and ill join the union bears!!

25 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

How?

I've sat there for almost 30 years so maybe I do feel a bit entitled to continue sitting there. It'll never ever happen behind the dugouts anyway so not much point in debating it. Regardless of where it is I don't really see what safe standing will add to the atmosphere to be honest.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Seems the right route to take, there's a clear desire for a safe standing area and it's supported by the majority, even those middle aged guys like me who can't stand for sustained periods (let alone jump around) for fear of seizing up, understand (and vaguely remember) the energy of being in amongst it.

Thats exactly what the SLO's job is about, so easy win win! Look forward to hearing updates on progress made.

13 minutes ago, jcb said:

Think you are safe enough for another 24 years as it won't happen. No matter the part of the ground chosen (if it ever comes to fruition) there will be people not happy, which i understand totally. As long as the GR is left to the moaning oldies like myself.  

It will. 

6 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I've sat there for almost 30 years so maybe I do feel a bit entitled to continue sitting there. It'll never ever happen behind the dugouts anyway so not much point in debating it. Regardless of where it is I don't really see what safe standing will add to the atmosphere to be honest.

You don't think that a section that will be far, far bigger than the current 'singing section' will improve the atmosphere?

The big games the atmosphere at ibrox takes care of itself , I don't see the full stadium rocking against your Hamilton's or Ross counties just because a section of people are now standing , the atmosphere at every stadium in the world depends on the fixture 

12 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You don't think that a section that will be far, far bigger than the current 'singing section' will improve the atmosphere?

It's not going to increase the capacity and you are assuming that there are several thousand more fans that attend games that would want to join the Union Bears. I think they do a great job and appreciate their displays but from the outside looking in it is made up of guys in their teens to mid twenties and I think you'd struggle to fill the Enclosure.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

It's not going to increase the capacity and you are assuming that there are several thousand more fans that attend games that would want to join the Union Bears. I think they do a great job and appreciate their displays but from the outside looking in it is made up of guys in their teens to mid twenties and I think you'd struggle to fill the Enclosure.

There aren't thousands wanting to join the UB, nobody has said that, UB are quite a small group, they only have a few rows in BF1. They are obviously the driving force in that section but they don't have that many actual members.

Whether it be 2k at Pittodrie or 9k at Kilmarnock our entire away support stands so I think it's very naive to say we couldn't fill the Enclosure.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

The UB have a high opinion of themselves. This the same group who landed the club with a ridiculous fine for throwing paper. Why do they merit a standing area  on this behaviour?

The idea of standing is a no brainer. Both enclosures, creating a great atmosphere that would reverberate around the dressing room scaring the shite out away teams. Sounds great to me.

I think this idea should be a consultation between all supporters clubs, season ticket holders etc to gain a true representation of the fan base and who would want to be part of it.

For example, in in the enclosure but would give me seat to somebody who wanted to stand. Spinal surgery means 90 minutes of the bouncy isn't advised but at the same time if I was told I'm being moved and not given the option to go then I'd be raging.

If you opened your eyes the throwing came from the middle of the Broomloan not BF1.

1 minute ago, Detroit Lion said:

They'll not just flatten an entire area and let people start moving into it.

Therell be a trial of one section or part of it. That's why I think it should be the current away section. UB could lead singing from there easily, we hear the away fans there every week. It holds about 1200?? 

I'm all for it and want to be in amongst it, but they'll not be flattening an entire Copland or any other front stand. 

They really need to think about the away fans fucking sick of them getting any coverage cage up the club deck and fuck them up there by walking up the fire escapes or something its a farce especially when the bead rattlers can have a full stand behind the goal.