Union Bears Statement

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

I sit MFN, I'm not UB. 

Go on FF and their complaints with UB is "they sing too many naughty songs" come on here and its "they sing too many european songs". Says it all. They sing a mix.

Sorry you said 'we' when talking about the UB was easy to assume you sat with them.

It says more that alot of the support don't support the UBs.

25 minutes ago, StirlingBear72 said:

Imagine how empty the club deck would be apart from bigger games though? 

Club deck can still be used though and I'd rather there was empty seat up there than see large empty spaces on tv when filming our games. Wether it would work I don't know, worth looking in to I'd have thought.

2 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Trying to compare yourselves to clubs across Europe with proper ultra sections. Close this thread before it get's any more embarrasing.

True, Ibrox is nowhere near as good an atmosphere as even 2nd division German clubs. 

Thankfully people are trying to change that.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

True, Ibrox is nowhere near as good an atmosphere as even 2nd division German clubs. 

Thankfully people are trying to change that.

Good on them for trying. As soon as the ego goes some more support might gather for them.

This doesn't directly affect me as I need to be seated, and if it were to happen, is be fine with it as long as I got another seat I can get to from the Albion in as little steps as possible. Christ I might even end up with a better seat!

HOWEVER, this is not about me - it's about improving the atmosphere at Ibrox - and that statement also makes clear it's not all about the UB's either.

I can understand people not wanting to give up a seat they've had for years, no matter they're reasoning. They have that right to keep their "own" seat if they like.

But let's at least have the Club investigate the possibilities before we start infighting about this seat or that.

There's always a way. Eg what if it were to cost £10 more to be in the singing section, and everybody who has to move gets a £10 voucher to spend in the Megastore? 

This is just one example of how a solution can be found. I'm sure there's many more.

PS I'd love tae get a hold of that megaphone and shove it up whoever's erse is bawling through it! ??

18 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

:lol: without the UB, there would literally be no atmosphere at all at over half the games at Ibrox.

Ideally, the full CF would be safe standing. Think for a minute, how class that would be?

I don't think I'm reinventing any wheel so you can wrap the snidey comments. It's about modernising the match day experience at Ibrox and making it what it once was.

How could it solely be CF5, though? The enclosure goes by that slightly, so you'd have people who couldn't see? I might be exaggerating how far it actually goes, though.

I don't have all the answers you're looking for, that is for the Club and affected supporters to work out.

Nothing snidey about it, you think you have some new idea that nobody has thought of before.   You are the one that suggested people had to move with the times.  You and others think that a standing area is the be all and end all without giving it much thought which you appear to agree with yourself.  I'm not opposed to a standing area but if people have an idea then they need to give it some more serious thought.  For example someone suggested the East Corner but I believe some of that is used by hospitality so what does the club do about that?  It is all very well suggesting something but the logistics need to be considered.  If the UB want consideration for their ideas then they should give it more thought and come up with a serious proposal.  Will the UB come up with the numbers of fans who will pay the same money for season tickets of those they will be replacing?

23 minutes ago, PRW. said:

They're tucked away in the shitest area of the ground where noise can't travel to the right of them. Of course they can't get Ibrox jumping. 

Hence why we need a standing section in a more central position. If not the full CF, then GEC. 

Where do the hundreds of displaced ST holders go?

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I sit MFN, I'm not UB. 

Go on FF and their complaints with UB is "they sing too many naughty songs" come on here and its "they sing too many european songs". Says it all. They sing a mix.

I just think there's been to many new euro style songs introduced over a short period. Folk sang Barca 72 in 3rd division and 4 Men Had A Dream is now a regular part of our song book but now there's like 6 different new ones 

Some of them are great some are pish but it's too much for some folk. Some of the songs do sound just like generic euro ultra songs with the lyrics changed, what I like about a lot of our traditional and loyalist songs is they are totally unique to Rangers. Another issue is that the lyrics are just generic Rangers terms flung into a song, there's a reason 4MHAD is more popular than the others because the lyrics are good, most of the others just fling in phrases like "every other Saturday" and "we cheer the boys in blue" and sound just like the random songs you'd get on old Rangers cds

If they want to sing new songs fine but they should choose 2 or 3 of the best ones and introduce them gradually instead of singing all of them every game

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Nothing snidey about it, you think you have some new idea that nobody has thought of before.   You are the one that suggested people had to move with the times.  You and others think that a standing area is the be all and end all without giving it much thought which you appear to agree with yourself.  I'm not opposed to a standing area but if people have an idea then they need to give it some more serious thought.  For example someone suggested the East Corner but I believe some of that is used by hospitality so what does the club do about that?  It is all very well suggesting something but the logistics need to be considered.  If the UB want consideration for their ideas then they should give it more thought and come up with a serious proposal.  Will the UB come up with the numbers of fans who will pay the same money for season tickets of those they will be replacing?

What do you know what I think :lol:? When did I say it was a brand new idea? If you actually read my post, you'll see something about trying to get the atmosphere back to what it once was. We had standing then, as you will obviously remember.

I agree there should be a plan, but we're in the early stages of it yet. Christ, the club have cut off all communication apart from essential and you want plans drawn up the lot :lol:

You've obviously got a perpetual hard on over the UB so there's no really much point debating it with you.

13 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Did you watch the Liverpool game last night? Hoffenheim fans behind the goal looked class.

If we're being honest mate, and we need to be, the problem we have, and the reason the atmosphere has deteriorated, is due to the laws we and the club now operate under.

In Europe, they don't have the Protestant/Catholic situation we have, and that's me putting it simply.

Just now, thebooler said:

If we're being honest mate, and we need to be, the problem we have, and the reason the atmosphere has deteriorated, is due to the laws we and the club now operate under.

In Europe, they don't have the Protestant/Catholic situation we have, and that's me putting it simply.

I did mention that above as well, bud.

11 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Trying to compare yourselves to clubs across Europe with proper ultra sections. Close this thread before it get's any more embarrasing.

If ultras mean 14-15 year old wee guys growling at there own support on the way in all wearing black with no colours then we have ultras mate

See when they introduced seating was there a bunch auld cunts going "I've stood there for years and don't wanty move, dunno why folk would wanty sit anyway"? 

If the stadiums being changed it's being changed and folk will have to move to accommodate the changes. End of.

17 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Everyone should be behind an expansion of the section at the very least. Ideally they wouldn't be in the Broomloan anymore. Has the cost of a safe standing installation ever been priced?

The safe standing at Parkhead was around £500,000 all-in, I think.

4 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Fans in Greece and Turkey etc stab each other and shoot at buses, it's a lot worse than it is here

In some countries there's little to no football trouble at all

There's standing and singing sections in all these places and good atmospheres too

2 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

What do you know what I think :lol:? When did I say it was a brand new idea? If you actually read my post, you'll see something about trying to get the atmosphere back to what it once was. We had standing then, as you will obviously remember.

I agree there should be a plan, but we're in the early stages of it yet. Christ, the club have cut off all communication apart from essential and you want plans drawn up the lot :lol:

You've obviously got a perpetual hard on over the UB so there's no really much point debating it with you.

People go on about the atmosphere as it once was.  When was that?  I've been going to Ibrox for decades and the atmosphere has never always been great.  It is an urban myth that the atmosphere used to be great.  Certainly it has been unbelievable at some games  but at others it has been almost non-existent.   I think the UB are Ok sometimes and complete idiots at other times.  I will repeat part of my previous posts:  Will the UB proposal have sufficient numbers of fans willing to pay for season tickets to the value of those being displaced?  Exactly how many are the UB talking about?  Where do those displaced fans get relocated?  If the club has cut off communication then the UB should use the SLO and Club 1872 to open some form of dialogue.

The sad thing is this discussion tipifies the problems in our fractured support.  

Everyone is completely self serving, and even when they're not they still get their wee dig in or play to their own egos. 

However, a standing area is a good idea in theory, it would undoubtedly help generate a better atmosphere. 

The logistics might be the challenge, but that's why it would be useful to see the UBs proposals. 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

I will repeat part of my previous posts:  Will the UB proposal have sufficient numbers of fans willing to pay for season tickets to the value of those being displaced?  Exactly how many are the UB talking about?  Where do those displaced fans get relocated?  If the club has cut off communication then the UB should use the SLO and Club 1872 to open some form of dialogue.

I will repeat part of my previous post: I don't have all the answers you are looking for. That is for the club and UB to work out.

8 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Are you suggesting we can only get atmosphere by singing particular songs?