Union Bears Statement

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Fans in Greece and Turkey etc stab each other and shoot at buses, it's a lot worse than it is here

In some countries there's little to no football trouble at all

There's standing and singing sections in all these places and good atmospheres too

I'd like tae think we're a wee bit more civilised than some of the places you're alluding too, as it's not only at football they face these issues.

We've come a long way from the days people were slashed and bottled at the football.

As a few have said, it's not really feasible to use other countries as a benchmark.

Christ we can sing the add ons in England.

53 minutes ago, PRW. said:

The atmosphere at Ibrox is an embarrassment mate. Honestly its horrible.

Big games big atmosphere. I think its unrealistic to think we could get Ibrox rocking for most SPFL games simply because people are board playing teams 4 times a season is to much.

There is also a new kind of fan inside Ibrox these days you know the ones you start singing or standing up they ask fur ye to sit down/stop singing because the canny see or there trying to watch the game.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The sad thing is this discussion tipifies the problems in our fractured support.  

Everyone is completely self serving, and even when they're not they still get their wee dig in or play to their own egos. 

However, a standing area is a good idea in theory, it would undoubtedly help generate a better atmosphere. 

The logistics might be the challenge, but that's why it would be useful to see the UBs proposals. 

To be fair, JCDBigBear has suggested exactly this. No matter his thoughts on the UB's, he is correct in saying they need to go to the Club not only with an idea, but with genuinely possible ways of achieving that idea.

Something which I thought all of our support would get behind still has us divided. 

Introducing a standing section would be beneficial for everyone at the very most it would be around 5% of the seats in the stadium leaving 95% to be chosen by all those still wanting to sit down. 

Surely that's a happy medium for everyone! If you have to move, it's unfortunate but a small price to pay for what will be an improved atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Big games big atmosphere. I think its unrealistic to think we could get Ibrox rocking for most SPFL games simply because people are board playing teams 4 times a season is to much.

There is also a new kind of fan inside Ibrox these days you know the ones you start singing or standing up they ask fur ye to sit down/stop singing because the canny see or there trying to watch the game.

I've sat in the BR for a while now and you get folk looking at you like you're a fucking nutcase if you sing sometimes

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Something which I thought all of our support would get behind still has us divided. 

Introducing a standing section would be beneficial for everyone at the very most it would be around 5% of the seats in the stadium leaving 95% to be chosen by all those still wanting to sit down. 

Surely that's a happy medium for everyone! If you have to move, it's unfortunate but a small price to pay for what will be an improved atmosphere. 

Aye but some of that 5% will start shouting vendetta and saying they're not coming back because the Club made them move. Don't see why folk are so bitter it's like they want to be pariahs or something 

1 hour ago, Frank Harrison said:

'when it matters' 

You've just said why something needs done. Derbies, Sheep/Hibs and European games the atmosphere is great, every other game it is awful and that's what needs improved.

As I said mate to play middle of the road SPL team for the 4th time in a season and to be pumped for it would be a tough ask. 

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That's the point of having a designated standing section...

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

As I said mate to play middle of the road SPL team for the 4th time in a season and to be pumped for it would be a tough ask. 

Don't get this argument.

5 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I've sat in the BR for a while now and you get folk looking at you like you're a fucking nutcase if you sing sometimes

Thats the point mate make a standing section as big as you want unless the other 3 stands contribute to the atmosphere it will die. The UB do a fantastic job but cant do it themselves. We need to find a way of getting people off there seats at Ibrox no matter what part of the stadium your in.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Surely 3pts every game is a must, especially if it's at the back end of a season, which it would be at our 4th meeting.

PS I think you're problem is league reconstruction, which is another debate, and one I agree should be undertaken.

2 hours ago, PRW. said:

Thats fine, you prefer to sit down, thats your choice and its only right you have that option. Right now there is 50k seats for you to choose from.

But there isn't that option for those who want to stand, sing and jump about for 90 minutes, so its only fair supporters get that chance. 

There won't be 50,000 to choose from. Rule out Broomloan for a start re missing OF games and rule out wherever the safe standing was placed. If that was Sandy Jardine Front then that must be a total (BL + SJ front) of about 10,000 seats for a start. The majority of the remaining seats are probably populated by folks who like me wouldn't want to give up their seat.

this will not be an easy issue to resolve particularly as those who will actually be in safe standing will be in a minority. 

I've chosen my seat, it remains in the Sandy Jardine front, year 25. (I'll lay odds that most of those in our stand feel the same and don't want to move behind the goals in the Copland, or up into the Club deck

5 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Surely 3pts every game is a must, especially if it's at the back end of a season, which it would be at our 4th meeting.

PS I think you're problem is league reconstruction, which is another debate, and one I agree should be undertaken.

First part you are bang on. league reconstruction would go a great way to helping the atmosphere. I'd go with playing each team home/away.

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Thats the point mate make a standing section as big as you want unless the other 3 stands contribute to the atmosphere it will die. The UB do a fantastic job but cant do it themselves. We need to find a way of getting people off there seats at Ibrox no matter what part of the stadium your in.

At least there will be a good chunk of the crowd and I won't have to look like the BR nutcase anymore :lol: