Ref this Saturday

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

We're slowly morphing into the paranoid, victim complexed tarriers with topics like this.

200w.gif.f7b20eeea25b61badccbf6f482978d3

Sorry but that isn't paranoia, decisions can go against us but that was one of the clearest red cards you'll ever see and both get a booking and the press come back with:

"Stokes was already on a booking after an incident involving James Tavernier, which many believe should have been a red card. I, on the other hand, think a yellow was fine. It looks bad in slow motion, but everything happens quite quickly when you watch it at regular speed. He pulls Tavernier back by the shirt and then grabs him backwards by the body (clearly anatomy not their strong point - neck is not body). I don’t think there’s any intention to strike Tavernier with his arm. It seems like a wrestle rather than a punch or a hit of any sort. It was probably was a foul on Stokes to begin with (so that makes it ok then), and Beaton maybe could have helped by quickly giving a free-kick rather than letting play go on and risking a reaction, but of course if Stokes had broken free then Hibs wouldn’t have been happy about the lack of advantage."

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Sorry but that isn't paranoia, decisions can go against us but that was one of the clearest red cards you'll ever see and both get a booking and the press come back with:

"Stokes was already on a booking after an incident involving James Tavernier, which many believe should have been a red card. I, on the other hand, think a yellow was fine. It looks bad in slow motion, but everything happens quite quickly when you watch it at regular speed. He pulls Tavernier back by the shirt and then grabs him backwards by the body (clearly anatomy not their strong point - neck is not body). I don’t think there’s any intention to strike Tavernier with his arm. It seems like a wrestle rather than a punch or a hit of any sort. It was probably was a foul on Stokes to begin with (so that makes it ok then), and Beaton maybe could have helped by quickly giving a free-kick rather than letting play go on and risking a reaction, but of course if Stokes had broken free then Hibs wouldn’t have been happy about the lack of advantage."

Which clown came up with that particular fairy story? It seems the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen have been reincarnated as 'journalists' (no sniggering at the back).

24 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

We're slowly morphing into the paranoid, victim complexed tarriers with topics like this.

what pish.

I keep hearing this garbage . Is this a post for some of you Non contributers to get guys some likes .

If you don't like some ones post , why bother posting this shite .

I see so many posters on here that think they own the place with this crap .

Most of them are good posters at times but it's like a broken down HE MAN record

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The ref was shite, but the refs are shite every single week in this shite, little country.

Moult should have been sent-off last weekend at Fir Park and Dorrans should have been sent-off on Saturday, but neither were. Why? Because the standard of referring is shite.

Do you know what else is shite? Us.

Miller and Morelos' link-up play was shite to gift them possession, then Cardoso's abysmal attempt at defending was even more shite along with Foderingham's attempted save.

That continued for their second and third where blame could be aimed at Cardoso, Tavernier, Foderingham (Twice) and Dorrans.

Again, I agree that the referee was shocking, but we didn't deserve to win that game.

Before the sending-off, Hibs were back in it and had equalised. They had withstood our fast start to the match and were well and truly back in it.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Which clown came up with that particular fairy story? It seems the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen have been reincarnated as 'journalists' (no sniggering at the back).

Craig Anderson and Craig Fowler in the Scotsman.

Other unfathomable snippet:

'What’s not clear is why Beaton doesn’t think Stokes deserves at least a yellow for the altercation. Though Jack goes a little further in the end, Stokes initiates the original contact between the pair just as much as Jack. Even the putting of his hand on Jack’s throat should have been enough to earn a booking." A booking? So touching heads is a straight red but hand around the threat is just a booking?

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The ref was shite, but the refs are shite every single week in this shite, little country.

Moult should have been sent-off last weekend at Fir Park and Dorrans should have been sent-off on Saturday, but neither were. Why? Because the standard of referring is shite.

Miller and Morelos' link-up play was shite to gift them possession, then Cardoso's abysmal attempt at defending was even more shite along with Foderingham's attempted save.

That continued for their second and third where blame could be aimed at Cardoso, Tavernier, Foderingham (Twice) and Dorrans.

Again, I agree that the referee was shocking, but we didn't deserve to win that game.

Before the sending-off, Hibs were back in it and had equalised. They had withstood our fast start to the match and were well and truly back in it.

I sensing you're on a downer today.

Im one for trying to remain optimistic. I've no idea how the game would have turned out had the referee not being stevie wonder's understudy or being corrupt.

I think we're all tired of the false dawns so I'm guessing that even a solid win this weekend won't get you feeling like we're on the right tracks.

Im not deluded but I perhaps give people the benefit of the doubt for longer than I should. Hopefully I'm right and not so I can get on that high horse and say told you so just so that we can celebrate some success again. We really can't afford for Pedro not to succeed but that doesn't mean he gets til,the end of his contract to try. If we are out of the races by October/November/December then he has to go.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Crack on then, mate.

If you do, as that comment suggests, you indulge in the paranoia that we so often mocked the tarriers for.

Embarassing, just like that Club 1872 statement. Utter cringe.

I hate the beggars more than anyone but count me out of the mob that indulge in mocking them for their old paranoia .

If you read my other posts . It works a treat for them . One upmanship is fine every time but it's them that's laughing at us nowadays .

Let's not kid ourselves .

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Craig Anderson and Craig Fowler in the Scotsman.

Other unfathomable snippet:

'What’s not clear is why Beaton doesn’t think Stokes deserves at least a yellow for the altercation. Though Jack goes a little further in the end, Stokes initiates the original contact between the pair just as much as Jack. Even the putting of his hand on Jack’s throat should have been enough to earn a booking." A booking? So touching heads is a straight red but hand around the threat is just a booking?

Jack didn't 'go a little further' Stokes moved his head in just as much as Jack did. The assault on Tav was enough for a red, a punch, a headlock and then wrestled to the ground. Strange how Tav is at fault for some mythical 'foul' that prompted Stokes violent response yet Stokes, who initiated the incident with Jack is allowed a much more disproportionate response.

Utter clowns at the Scotsman but I don't think it will be around much longer witb its circulation figures crumbling.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Soon be compiling dossiers, and hiring a QC to "seek clarification" - another ref strike upcoming. The ref argument , Lennon's antics seems to have been a deliberate distraction for some, from how inadequate we were for 3/4 of the game.

If we lose on Saturday, then we should be turning up the heat on the management and not falling for convienant excuses.

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Soon be compiling dossiers, and hiring a QC to "seek clarification" - another ref strike upcoming. The ref argument , Lennon's antics seems to have been a deliberate distraction for some, from how inadequate we were for 3/4 of the game.

If we lose on Saturday, then we should be turning up the heat on the management and not falling for convienant excuses.

Precisely; it's as if some people are taking comfort in the referees performance as it deflects attention from our own.

Barring a dominant start which, we were woeful. We didn't deserve anything from that match. After scoring early on, we should have been out-of-sight, but they absorbed what we threw at them and we quickly ran-out of ideas, resulting in their equaliser.

The goals we conceded were a disgrace. They were fucking amateur.

Our defending was worse than the referees performance.

The more I see that Stokes challenge on Tav the more angry I become.  I seen that clearly in the Club Deck yet that tit couldn't see it from a few yards? is there really an excuse? no, I don't think so... and that's why he's now refereeing in the Championship.  Like many I very rarely criticise a referee and most of the time when we lose I (along with most here) will criticise our own team... but Saturday was a game where the referee DID influence the result.

5 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Dignified silence is always the best way,referees like Beaton really respect that.

They now know . They will get a harder time if it's a bad call against the media's favourites .

So they don't give a monkeys with giving big calls against us .

That surely has been borne out these last 6 years

2 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Sorry but if Ref does his job correctly We are 1-0 up with them down to 10 men after 10 minutes. No one will convince me we would not have gone on to win from that position so his appalling display cost us 3 valuable points.

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Sorry but if Ref does his job correctly We are 1-0 up with them down to 10 men after 10 minutes. No one will convince me we would not have gone on to win from that position so his appalling display cost us 3 valuable points.

Caixinha's tactical magic would have shone through, I agree...