Ref this Saturday

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Caixinha's tactical magic would have shone through, I agree...

His tactics went astray when he tried to adapt to being a man down. We the extra man he changes nothing and we probably win the game comfortably. More importantly than losing 3 points we would also be on a roll with confidence high whereas now this week's game becomes a must win with much more pressure on the team.

6 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Sorry but if Ref does his job correctly We are 1-0 up with them down to 10 men after 10 minutes. No one will convince me we would not have gone on to win from that position so his appalling display cost us 3 valuable points.

Correct. We know we are a long way from where we should be. That is not on doubt. To go down to ten men and have 4 or 5 other players tempered by bookings would hamper most teams however.

Wee collum will have been told to play good cop this week by both his refereeing masters and his knights colleagues both in some cases the same people to make it look acceptable, but if we give him a sign of weakness I'm sure his natural instincts will take over, hopefully we we won't give him that chance !

image.gif.cbe122790da20db6b061c19b37cf2cc4.gif

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

His tactics went astray when he tried to adapt to being a man down. We the extra man he changes nothing and we probably win the game comfortably. More importantly than losing 3 points we would also be on a roll with confidence high whereas now this week's game becomes a must win with much more pressure on the team.

Utter nonsense.

Before we even reach the sending-off, at which point Caixinha made an absolute cunt of it, Hibs had weathered the inevitable initial storm fairly well - conceding the goal aside - and we're back in the game.

Lets not forget that this is the manager who lead us to a 5-1 humiliation at home to Celtic and surrendered our 20+ years record at home to Aberdeen.

Need I mention the fucking part-time, fourth best side in Luxembourg?

The guy is a clown, but I'll gladly be proven wrong. However, my genuine opinion is that he won't see Christmas here.

4 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Which clown came up with that particular fairy story? It seems the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen have been reincarnated as 'journalists' (no sniggering at the back).

People have been jailed for less!

9 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Hibs were back in it and had equalised. They had withstood our fast start to the match and were well and truly back in it.

... and then should have had a man sent off and we would have gone on to stroll the game and get 3 points.

Or if you don't like that scenario:

Had both teams maintained 11 players on the park then Rangers would hopefully have upped their game and reversed the trend, going on to score more than hivs and gaining the 3 points.

1 hour ago, geneva_ger said:

... and then should have had a man sent off and we would have gone on to stroll the game and get 3 points.

Or if you don't like that scenario:

Had both teams maintained 11 players on the park then Rangers would hopefully have upped their game and reversed the trend, going on to score more than hivs and gaining the 3 points.

Ten minutes later, we should have had Dorrans sent-off to join Jack. My point is that refereeing decisions aside, we were shite because we are shite.

A wise choice in the word "hopefully". I'm afraid I've run out of hope.

9 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Wee collum will have been told to play good cop this week by both his refereeing masters and his knights colleagues both in some cases the same people to make it look acceptable, but if we give him a sign of weakness I'm sure his natural instincts will take over, hopefully we we won't give him that chance !

image.gif.cbe122790da20db6b061c19b37cf2cc4.gif

Ageed mate .It's a home win if we play decent with him throwing in few decisions for us .

The next OF game will be the one to watch 

12 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The ref was shite, but the refs are shite every single week in this shite, little country.

Moult should have been sent-off last weekend at Fir Park and Dorrans should have been sent-off on Saturday, but neither were. Why? Because the standard of referring is shite.

Do you know what else is shite? Us.

Miller and Morelos' link-up play was shite to gift them possession, then Cardoso's abysmal attempt at defending was even more shite along with Foderingham's attempted save.

That continued for their second and third where blame could be aimed at Cardoso, Tavernier, Foderingham (Twice) and Dorrans.

Again, I agree that the referee was shocking, but we didn't deserve to win that game.

Before the sending-off, Hibs were back in it and had equalised. They had withstood our fast start to the match and were well and truly back in it.

Some of this is true but point is if we had eleven men on the park or ten each then we wouldn't necessarily have been exposed and under the cosh so much.

1 hour ago, geneva_ger said:

This event wouldn't have happened and we may have gone on to play superbly and get the 3 points. Ever considered that?

How do you know it wouldn't have happened? That's utterly inconclusive and emphasises that you're clutching at straws.

Yes, the referee was shocking, but we were worse.

19 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Some of this is true but point is if we had eleven men on the park or ten each then we wouldn't necessarily have been exposed and under the cosh so much.

Would we, though? Based on experience, I'm doubtful.

I'm bored of being hopeful, so I'm being realistic and the reality is that we're shite.

After the refs performance on Saturday whoever the ref was this week was going to have a tough day. A lot of fans will be going Into the game with their back up and the first 50/50 that goes against us a lot of people will be on his case which may make things worse. Hopefully we get a decent consistent performance 

17 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

How do you know it wouldn't have happened? That's utterly inconclusive and emphasises that you're clutching at straws

I'm using chance, which would assume the activity of Dorrans putting in that same tackle 10 mins after pikey was sent off must be several millions to 1. Every single event would have changed had he gone. Indisputable. I wouldn't have got turfed out the boozer for one.

9 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Utter nonsense.

Before we even reach the sending-off, at which point Caixinha made an absolute cunt of it, Hibs had weathered the inevitable initial storm fairly well - conceding the goal aside - and we're back in the game.

Lets not forget that this is the manager who lead us to a 5-1 humiliation at home to Celtic and surrendered our 20+ years record at home to Aberdeen.

Need I mention the fucking part-time, fourth best side in Luxembourg?

The guy is a clown, but I'll gladly be proven wrong. However, my genuine opinion is that he won't see Christmas here.

Your total refusal to accept that Stokes not getting sent off on both occasions that he should've didn't alter the game and we would've lost anyway. 

To be honest just makes you look a tad foolish, to put it mildly. 

13 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The ref was shite, but the refs are shite every single week in this shite, little country.

Moult should have been sent-off last weekend at Fir Park and Dorrans should have been sent-off on Saturday, but neither were. Why? Because the standard of referring is shite.

Do you know what else is shite? Us.

Miller and Morelos' link-up play was shite to gift them possession, then Cardoso's abysmal attempt at defending was even more shite along with Foderingham's attempted save.

That continued for their second and third where blame could be aimed at Cardoso, Tavernier, Foderingham (Twice) and Dorrans.

Again, I agree that the referee was shocking, but we didn't deserve to win that game.

Before the sending-off, Hibs were back in it and had equalised. They had withstood our fast start to the match and were well and truly back in it.

Finally somebody calls it like it is. Woefully inept at the back. Still early days so we have time but a hell of a  lot of work to be done back there. It was clearly evident in the Motherwell game as well where we seemed incapable of stopping crosses coming in. 

The Foderingham issue is the elephant in the room for me as well. For a young keeper he's far too slow adjusting his feet to get across his line for shots coming in. Granted the defending in front of him hasn't helped but he definitely concedes goals a more accomplished keeper would save, no question. A good keeper will easily save you 12 + points a season and on the evidence of what I've seen from his time at Rangers big Wes will never be that man.