Ref this Saturday

2 hours ago, james_85 said:

After the refs performance on Saturday whoever the ref was this week was going to have a tough day. A lot of fans will be going Into the game with their back up and the first 50/50 that goes against us a lot of people will be on his case which may make things worse. Hopefully we get a decent consistent performance 

I think that this is the issue. 

Most people just want (and would accept) consistency from Referee's who apply the rules and common sense in equal measure, regardless of the teams involved.  Saturday was so far removed from this, that it is actually difficult to come to the conclusion that incompetency was the reason for his decision making.

Surely, if he is actually so poor at his job, he would be removed permanently, not just pushed down to the Championship for a week only to be reinstated thereafter?

I have been converted to the belief that he consciously made decisions to impact our ability to win the game.  I'll let others decide what this is called.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beaton, madden and Clancy are abysmal refs, Craig Thomson and willie Collum  are average at best

however and I might be totally wrong but us and them have the most fans in Scotland and the likely hood of a ref being fans of either club is very high add to that how poor they all are then I'd only employ refs out with Scotland on a full time basis 

16 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Precisely; it's as if some people are taking comfort in the referees performance as it deflects attention from our own.

Barring a dominant start which, we were woeful. We didn't deserve anything from that match. After scoring early on, we should have been out-of-sight, but they absorbed what we threw at them and we quickly ran-out of ideas, resulting in their equaliser.

The goals we conceded were a disgrace. They were fucking amateur.

Our defending was worse than the referees performance.

Self flagellation, ok Opus Dei member.