Your first ever Rangers game?

Loyaleastend

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers V Dunfermline 1968 Ibrox, ended 0 _ 0 my 10 year old brain couldn't fathom after that what all the fuss was about this football lark, however soon got on track and was a regular after--Willie Henderson was my fav player. The whole football scene then seemed so much friendlier

Was not my first one but I remember one cup game at Stranraer? for some reason it was a midweek daytime game so we stayed off school and took ourselves down there, our PE teacher was linesman that day and spotted the lot of us stood by the cornerflag.

Next day at school he had a word with us but never told anyone higher so we got away with that one.

Scottish cup final v dundee in 2003 was mine. I mind begging my old man to take me for ages but he's a rugby man and kept telling me no chance. 

Near fainted when he gave me the tickets for my birthday

Never forgot that header. Big Amo with a bullet

Rangers 2 Juventus 0 1978.One of  the greatest results ever by a British side that is often overlooked. Juventus were basically the Italian side that had finished fourth in the Argentina world cup only a few months before and included some of their all time greatS.The result in Eindhoven in the following round was also up there,Bobby Russell probably had his finest game in a Rangers shirt that night.

Rangers v Partick Thistle. Late '70s sometime. My dad took me so I'm guessing I would have been about 10 or 12. If I recall correctly Alan Rough was in goal. We won :-) My lasting memory of the game was Rough being hit in the face, blood everywhere and I *think* he was substituted...

48 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Rangers v cowdenbieth in 1970 I think. Remember we won 5 nil. Been hooked ever since

It was 1970 and I think Derek Johnston's debut at 16. He scored 2 goals that day and shortly went on to score the winner in the league cup final against Celtic