Four players We Moved On All Scoring AGAIN!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waghorn has simply hit a wee purple patch. Commentator on the highlights tonight said he's only hit 4 shots since joining them and they've all went in. He was just in the right place at the right time today as well. His wee hot streak will end and he'll go back to being the mediocre striker we all know.

Garner's goal was a header that came directly from a corner. Probably wouldn't score many of them for us with the standard of our crossing today and the amount of stupid short corners we take.

O'Halloran will score plenty for St Johnstone because he will get the opportunities to use his pace and get on behind defenders playing for them. He didn't get that with us so he was shite. He's suited to playing for small teams.

McKay took his goal well today. He's scored a couple of goals for Forest now but he's also been subbed a couple of times already for going missing the same way he did 9 games out of 10 for us.

Long story short, 3 of those players are nowhere near good enough or consistent enough to play for us and the 4th didn't fit into how we played last season and on today's showing still wouldn't. A few goals in their first few appearances for their new clubs doesn't change that.

To me it's a total pisstake made worse since the start we have had 

All  4 were mediocre at best for us but three of them are sitting top 4 in a league none of the spl teams would survive other than Celtic and moh sits 5 points and joint top of league and top scorer

it just seems like we are jinxed just now no matter who we buy, get to manage, or get rid of, how much we spend or fucked over by media and refs it all negative or goes to shit or feels like a slap in the face and it feels like it gone on forever

Knowing our luck all our cast offs will end up in the epl and we will have no sell on clauses and Celtic will sell 2 or 3 players for 30 million each 

Apart from dalcio I was chuffed with our signings and I just hope that we can figure out a way to get the best balance from our squad 

3 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

McKay is playing for double European Cup winners in front of 25k in a league watched by infinitely more people than ours, one division away from the richest league in the world.

How come Waghorn scored so many goals in the Championship if the pressure of playing for a big club was too much for him?

Ha ha ha ha 

10 hours ago, RDB14 said:

I can handle them all besides McKay. McKay was a standout in our team, only had 1 season of top flight football and had bags of potential.  That game away to Patrick near the end of last season sticks out as one he came on and changed.  He was inconsistent because 1) he was a winger and 2) he was young and inexperienced.

What the fuck is the point of developing talented youngsters only to punt them out the club for £500k if they aren't the finished article almost immediately. The whole club should have handled that better. 

McKay refused to sign a new contract and would have played out this season and walked away for fuck all. The only one I would have kept would have been Garner, I would have got rid if Kenny first as he is finished and nowhere near the player he once was.

MOH was never played in his best position while at the club we used him more as a winger when really his best position was playing just behind the main striker.

I can see him hitting about 15+ goals for SJ this season he's also miles better than Windass who starts every game at the minute.

18 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

If ever there was evidence of mismanagement. If garner and waghorn get 20 goals in the championship and Ipswich go up it will be clear we have scored a massive own goal. Mckay playing well too...

imho we fucked up big time with Pedros appointment 

Pish. Better players with massive pedigrees have come here and flopped.

Playing for Rangers is as much, if not more so, about mental strength than ability.

Some absolute donkeys have played for us regularly and done well. Solid 6-7 out of 10 performers every week.

I think sometimes players don't suit teams, don't suit systems. For me them all going was the right call, the only thing I think is that Mckay's fee was too low.

He may have been out of contract, but was O'Halloran not the same when we got him? No way they should go for the same fee.

Mckay right now is giving a lot because he is at a new club, I think he will always be inconsistent, however on his day he was cracking. If he has a good season he could make forest a small fortune with the amount they spend down south.

It's not a popular suggestion I know, but I think we should at least try MOH up front along side Morelos when he returns. We're not flush for options up there, Miller has been awful and Herrera has so far been largely ineffective.

Hardie lacks experience but he should still be considered an option. 

I get what people say about the opposition vs St Johnstone compared to us and I'm not making out like he's a world beater because he's found his feet under Wright, I'd just like us to actually justify the wage he's receiving from us and hopefully in the process knock our goal tally up.

The re writing of history by many when we are in trouble is laughable bordering on pathetic , 99% wanted rid of all Warburtons signings , O,Halloran never looked interested in playing for us and the jersey was way way to big for him , Waghorn is poor and could never break down a packed defence , Garner is a mid level championship player and at 31 is at his level even though I loved his desire . McKay was the only one I'm gutted about , he's class but didn't want to be here , we had no option but to sell him , yet putting the blame onto the manager is priceless .

we are miles off where we need to be but every season we need to get stronger , after 3 league games I'm a lot happier than I was last year , the Hibs game we were cheated and against hearts we should have been 3 up after 15 minutes , I do agree Miller needs dropped but apart from that it's football get used to it .

12 minutes ago, Jamesy1872 said:

If it wasn't for useless Kenny and his goals last season

We'd be lucky to get top 6

He never scored them as a left winger so I'm not sure why it's relevant but you're wrong anyway.

Taking away his goals last season and assuming nobody else would have scored in his absence then we would have only been 10 points worse off and finished a comfortable 4th, 1 point behind St Johnstone.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He never scored them as a left winger so I'm not sure why it's relevant but you're wrong anyway.

Taking away his goals last season and assuming nobody else would have scored in his absence then we would have only been 10 points worse off and finished a comfortable 4th, 1 point behind St Johnstone.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though.

Finishing 1 point in 4th place behind st Johnstone isn't a good story 

Just now, Jamesy1872 said:

Finishing 1 point in 4th place behind st Johnstone isn't a good story 

No, your claim that without Miller and his goals we'd have been lucky to make the top 6 was the good story.

Finishing 4th, a point behind St Johnstone without his goals is a fact.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No, your claim that without Miller and his goals we'd have been lucky to make the top 6 was the good story.

Finishing 4th, a point behind St Johnstone without his goals is a fact.

I ment Miller in general aswell as his goals

You got stats for his assists and breaking up playing in centre of the park or you going to pluck them out fresh air 

Next you'll be saying he would have won the semi final against Celtic without McKay and Miller's goals 

23 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

McKay took his goal well today. He's scored a couple of goals for Forest now but he's also been subbed a couple of times already for going missing the same way he did 9 games out of 10 for us.

Has he even played 10 games for Forest?

I wouldn't have binned McKay, especially if it meant being stuck with that woeful heartless Windass playing down the left.

All that aside, the English Championship has to be THE most over-rated league in the world, it's absolutely rotten.

1 minute ago, Jamesy1872 said:

I ment Miller in general aswell as his goals

You got stats for his assists and breaking up playing in centre of the park or you going to pluck them out fresh air 

Next you'll be saying he would have won the semi final against Celtic without McKay and Miller's goals 

No you didn't. You said without his goals we would have been lucky to get top 6. You're now backtracking because I've debunked that.

This exchange started because you said McKay scored the winner last time we played Hearts, therefore if he had played yesterday we'd have won that one too.

If you can't see the stupidity of that statement then I really can't help you.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No you didn't. You said without his goals we would have been lucky to get top 6. You're now backtracking because I've debunked that.

This exchange started because you said McKay scored the winner last time we played Hearts, therefore if he had played yesterday we'd have won that one too.

If you can't see the stupidity of that statement then I really can't help you.

I said Miller and his goals. I wasnt going to start doing bullet points pointing out assists tackling passing 

It's a football forum not a PR presentation 

But back to my original point in my opinion if Barrie McKay was in our team when Windass went off rather than putting Miller on the left wing we would have won that game.