Four players We Moved On All Scoring AGAIN!

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Has he even played 10 games for Forest?

I wouldn't have binned McKay, especially if it meant being stuck with that woeful heartless Windass playing down the left.

All that aside, the English Championship has to be THE most over-rated league in the world, it's absolutely rotten.

He's played 4. Scored in 2 and been subbed in the other 2.

I'm glad we got rid of him tbh, I think Windass is the much better option. At least he'll occasionally attempt to beat his man even if he flatters to deceive most of the time as well.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jamesy1872 said:

I said Miller and his goals. I wasnt going to start doing bullet points pointing out assists tackling passing 

It's a football forum not a PR presentation 

But back to my original point in my opinion if Barrie McKay was in our team when Windass went off rather than putting Miller on the left wing we would have won that game.

If that's your opinion then fair enough.

The fact you've based that opinion just on him scoring the winner the last time we played them makes me think you don't really get how football works though.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'm glad we got rid of him tbh, I think Windass is the much better option. At least he'll occasionally attempt to beat his man even if he flatters to deceive most of the time as well.

Windass is utter garbage. Tells you what you need to know when Warburton came looking for players he took McKay over his own signings.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If that's your opinion then fair enough.

The fact you've based that opinion just on him scoring the winner the last time we played them makes me think you don't really get how football works though.

Barrie on his day which also in my opinion wasn't enough and why we punted him could win us a game against any team in Scotland. 

This thread is about 4 players scoring goals and that's what I posted about... McKay scoring a goal 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Based on what?

Yer arse, McKay beat his man more in 1 game than i have ever seen Windass doing it.

All Windass has in his locker is knocking it behind a defender and sprinting, terrible control and no skill whatsoever.

If you are saying that McKay never ever took on his man then you are kidding yourself on, that Hearts RB last season, a boy some on here wanted us to sign, got ripped to ribbons in the corresponding fixture last season.

2 minutes ago, Jamesy1872 said:

Barrie on his day which also in my opinion wasn't enough and why we punted him could win us a game against any team in Scotland. 

This thread is about 4 players scoring goals and that's what I posted about... McKay scoring a goal 

McKay would have shat it in that game yesterday as soon as their right back started getting physical with him. In my opinion.

I'd have him on the wing before McKay 9 games out of 10.

Why? What has he done in his 4 or so competitive games so far?

The most telling contribution is being mostly responsible for our 2 goals conceded to exit Europe to a pub team.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Based on what?

Yer arse, McKay beat his man more in 1 game than i have ever seen Windass doing it.

All Windass has in his locker is knocking it behind a defender and sprinting, terrible control and no skill whatsoever.

If you are saying that McKay never ever took on his man then you are kidding yourself on, that Hearts RB last season, a boy some on here wanted us to sign, got ripped to ribbons in the corresponding fixture last season.

He was a shitebag and get another player that's turned into a world beater on here since we left him.

Did he have good games for us? Yes.

Was he capable of destroying his man when he actually made the effort? Definitely.

Most of the time though a hard challenge on him early on would send him into hiding for the remainder of the game.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

McKay would have shat it in that game yesterday as soon as their right back started getting physical with him. In my opinion.

What? Like Windass shat it after taking a sore one on the leg in the first half?

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Why? What has he done in his 4 or so competitive games so far?

The most telling contribution is being mostly responsible for our 2 goals conceded to exit Europe to a pub team.

Because McKay only played well 1 out of every 10 games so might as well give someone else a go for the other 9 :lol:

Just now, plumbGER said:

What? Like Windass shat it after taking a sore one on the leg in the first half?

It was his back actually. And I actually agree, he shat it and probably milked the injury to take the heat off him for fluffing a good opportunity.

For the record, I'm not a huge Windass fan either. I just think he's a better option than McKay but we need better than both.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Because McKay only played well 1 out of every 10 games so might as well give someone else a go for the other 9 :lol:

But you made that stat up didn't you?

McKay even when playing poor could turn a game on it's head by a bit of good play, Windass is fucking pish poor.

5 competitive games it is, windass played ok for about 20 mins in one of them, the rest he has been poor imo.

Just now, plumbGER said:

McKay even when playing poor could turn a game on it's head by a bit of good play, Windass is fucking pish poor.

5 competitive games it is, windass played ok for about 20 mins in one of them, the rest he has been poor imo.

It's an exaggeration, clearly.

I dont ever remember him turning a game on it's head when he was playing poorly tbh. He either had a good game or he was totally anonymous and it was more often the latter and most of the time I felt it was just down to him being a lazy shitebag rather than being inconsistent because when he did turn it on he could be unplayable.

He's no longer our problem anyway. It'll be interesting to see if the Forest fans still think he's a steal come the end of the season though.

It was his back actually. And I actually agree, he shat it and probably milked the injury to take the heat off him for fluffing a good opportunity.

For the record, I'm not a huge Windass fan either. I just think he's a better option than McKay but we need better than both.

Actually it wasn't, the blow he took to his thigh, before he twisted his back trying to turn, is the one i am talking about he never recovered from thst imo.

His turn was slow as fuck as well btw, possibly to do with the blow he took.

I fail to see anything that makes me think Windass is a better option, you are so sure of it why don't you tell us what makes you think he is?

The bit about taking on his man is nonsense imo, plenty times i seen McKay beat his man, seen him nutmeg (lustig to name one) flick it over a defenders head (was that not Lustig aswell?) And the good old knock is past and beat for pace.

Other than kick it by the defender and run, what has Windass got?

Both could be classed as 'shitebags' so it can't be that either.

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The players often doubled up on McKay creating space for other players, Windass not so much.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's an exaggeration, clearly.

Well as you said it to Jamesy, i could say that you don't get how football works, when did exaggerations become accepted football philosophy?

Correct, he isn't our problem anymore, but as i said i would much rather him being our problem on the left than the guy who is occupying the spot now, at least we might get a few goals.

We have had this debate countless times, you didn't rate him and i did, that's fair enough.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Actually it wasn't, the blow he took to his thigh, before he twisted his back trying to turn, is the one i am talking about he never recovered from thst imo.

His turn was slow as fuck as well btw, possibly to do with the blow he took.

I fail to see anything that makes me think Windass is a better option, you are so sure of it why don't you tell us what makes you think he is?

The bit about taking on his man is nonsense imo, plenty times i seen McKay beat his man, seen him nutmeg (lustig to name one) flick it over a defenders head (was that not Lustig aswell?) And the good old knock is past and beat for pace.

Other than kick it by the defender and run, what has Windass got?

Both could be classed as 'shitebags' so it can't be that either.

Apologies, thought you meant when he went down immediately after that chance clutching his back. Just felt he milked that one a bit because of how soon he came back on afterwards. The way he was gripping the physio as he was on the ground you'd have thought he was on the way out and them he comes running back on a couple of minutes later.

I just think Windass is more direct. It might not always come off for him but at least he'll have a go.

McKay has his moments, the game you've mentioned with Lustig he absolutely rinsed him that full game but for every performance like that there's several more where he wants nothing to do with the defender. The old firm game that followed that one being the perfect example of that where he got rid of the ball every time it came to him and don't actually think he attempted to take Lustig on once in that game before he was subbed.

He had too many games for us where it just looked like he didn't fancy it and that's why I'm glad he was punted.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Motherwell doubled up on Windass for the 2nd half at Fir park, we know what happened next, he went AWOL.

He blows out his arse after 20 minutes only Pedro would play him which tells us something about Pedro.

Windass was awful yesterday, that Brandon was careless in his man marking of him and left a lot of space open that Wallace could have been receiving in. 

Brandon picks up a yellow but service to Windass slows down in a vulnerable spot, He should have been screaming for the ball in that area.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I just think Windass is more direct. It might not always come off for him but at least he'll have a go.

A go at what though? Once teams get wise to him (like Motherwell did the 2nd half) he has absolutely fuck all in his locker to beat a man, nothing.

All he has is knocking it into space and running, a bit like MOH and we know how his spell ended up here?

Against Hibs he beat Whittaker (i think) once by knocking it past him in the second half, in the first half i counted about 4 or 5 times he had the chance to take him on but stopped and turned back, fair enough he drew the foul out of him but thats not the point.