Pena

cushynumber

1 minute ago, Alves70 said:

To be fair to the press I think they quoted the fee that was listed on the Mexican clubs website when he was signed.

Also given the fact he cost them $8m 18 months before hand it's safe to say we've paid a considerable amount for him.

aye you can guess all you want.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Sorry Cushy, I thought he was abysmal.  Way, way off the pace.  He may well have been a player in his home land but he just looks lost here.

Fair enough. That was just his second start though I agree he is off the pace - but i think he will come good. Thats why I think we need to play him now over Miller. He still needs games and lots of them.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Fair enough. That was just his second start though I agree he is off the pace - but i think he will come good. Thats why I think we need to play him now over Miller. He still needs games and lots of them.

I think they were wary of Pena. Yes, he was robbed of possession a couple of times but he got into space as usual, so they couldn't press forward through midfield as much. I said in the match thread that Miller was the wrong choice as a replacement for him. I think Holt would have given us more.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I think they were wary of Pena. Yes, he was robbed of possession a couple of times but he got into space as usual, so they couldn't press forward through midfield as much. I said in the match thread that Miller was the wrong choice as a replacement for him. I think Holt would have given us more.

as per my first post in this topic - one thing the pena substitution did highlight -  - was that we cant go 4-4-2 against them. We get slaughtered.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Crumbled when he went off. 

He was good today and stood up against Brown. Was unlucky a few times today. 

He was very disciplined as well when we didn't have the ball. 

He was constantly pointing out their runners and  the space we needed to close. I genuinely think if he can get fit he'll make a difference for us.

14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Crumbled when he went off. 

He was good today and stood up against Brown. Was unlucky a few times today. 

He was very disciplined as well when we didn't have the ball. 

agreed .noticed him return to position rather than turn to headless chicken 

4 hours ago, Smile said:

Should have just pulled a punter from the crowd he would have offered more.

hear hear how anybody can think he contributed anything y/day must have been at a different game ok he made a few passes when no one was near him but the minute he was closed down he was fucked  how can a guy who arrived in june still not be fit more than 3 months later  i am nearly 75 and could move as fast as him    lets just admit it pedro has signed another dud

5 minutes ago, billscott said:

hear hear how anybody can think he contributed anything y/day must have been at a different game ok he made a few passes when no one was near him but the minute he was closed down he was fucked  how can a guy who arrived in june still not be fit more than 3 months later  i am nearly 75 and could move as fast as him    lets just admit it pedro has signed another dud

He's looking very poor indeed.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

It's funny how different people see games differently. 

I thought he was good at nullifying Brown, and when Miller came on for him we fell to absolute bits. Lost our shape and discipline. 

Think he's an asset once fully up to speed. 

I'm with you, he gets massive criticism for the same things every player does like losing the ball every so often. His off the ball movement was very good, it's not his fault no-one else gets on the same page. He made a brilliant run through when Morelos had the ball outside their box, if Alfredo had passed he was one on one with Gordon but no pass came. He was also good at keeping Brown quiet, Brown had an early off the ball dig at him which was obviously intended to intimidate him out the game but Pena just gave him back the exact same a moment later whilst everyone else just acts terrified of Brown. Absolutely no doubt we were much worse once he went off.

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

His shite touch lead to the corner the Taigs got their goal from.

So let's just forget Cardoso's inability to clear the ball or Hodson not just blocking the shot aye? Someone's bad touch led to a series of actions where a corner was given where the opposition finally scored. If someone's mistake directly leads to an incident then fine but chaining it up like that is a bit shite tbh.

I don't think he did that much of note but it was his second start for us ffs. 

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

So let's just forget Cardoso's inability to clear the ball or Hodson not just blocking the shot aye? Someone's bad touch led to a series of actions where a corner was given where the opposition finally scored. If someone's mistake directly leads to an incident then fine but chaining it up like that is a bit shite tbh.

I don't think he did that much of note but it was his second start for us ffs. 

Na, I won't actually blame him for it. Windass gets blame for a free kick against Progres, which should been dealt with. Neither should get the blame. But, it was a dreadful touch.

He's one of those players we'll all be waiting forever to come good.

He's not good enough, and the fact he's not fit after being here literally for months now shows he's as poor a professional as he's looked a player thus far. Utterly shambolic use of our biggest transfer fee in years. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Na, I won't actually blame him for it. Windass gets blame for a free kick against Progres, which should been dealt with. Neither should get the blame. But, it was a dreadful touch.

Not doubting that. I can't hand on heart say anyone got pass marks except for McCrorie.

Archived