Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I was beginning to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that hand ball was not on, and could have ended up putting us under unnecessary pressure. I can see why he was once considered a very good player, but he won't do anything special here.

He should be given enough gametime to prove himself or at least show the tendency for gradual improvement.

However, I'd agree that there were worrying signs at Hamilton wrt to a sort of 'couldn't give a f**k if I'm sent off' attitude.

It's really down to the manager to sort the player out so he starts adding positive value.

Bookies would be generous if they offered a price for Carlos being a success at Ibrox.

3 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

He's still reviewing the evidence from the bbc.

Maybe he was busy on Sunday and didn't watch sportscene.

Can just imagine him the now fast forwarding the programme to Rangers highlights so he can conduct his investigation (ie see what Rangers crimes they're raising this week) before gleefully typing up the charge.

He wasnt sent off because the whistle was blown for offside. Not handball.

He seems to take up decent positions and when do you ever see any other midfielders get into the box like he does. Jury is still out but ive a feeling he has more to offer.

Looks like the kinda player who, if he wanted to, could tear this league apart. Would be completely dependant on him sorting his fitness/attitude, something which doesn't look like will happen. I still think Pedro's future as our manager hangs majorly on the impact Pena has between now and the new year, he was the marquee signing and pretty much sums up how our seasons started.

5 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

'There's a player in there somewhere'

I honestly don't know what people are seeing, shown absolutely nothing. 

People are just desperately hoping we haven't made one of the worst signings in our history. I genuinely believe he could be the worst.

Yeah we might have spent more on guys who weren't a success in the past, but under the financial constraints we have just now to be spending the thick end of three million on a pub team player is disastrous. 

17 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

People are just desperately hoping we haven't made one of the worst signings in our history. I genuinely believe he could be the worst.

Yeah we might have spent more on guys who weren't a success in the past, but under the financial constraints we have just now to be spending the thick end of three million on a pub team player is disastrous. 

I know people will curse me as I am like a dog and bone with this but if we paid around 2 million for him then Pedro should have used it on Weiss or type. Already knows the game and the club can play LM/RM/CAM easily and is a 60 international cap. I think Pena's attitude is going to be the problem and I don't see that changing. I hope he proves me wrong but at the moment I would have Holt in for him.

1 hour ago, saltire266 said:

I know people will curse me as I am like a dog and bone with this but if we paid around 2 million for him then Pedro should have used it on Weiss or type. Already knows the game and the club can play LM/RM/CAM easily and is a 60 international cap. I think Pena's attitude is going to be the problem and I don't see that changing. I hope he proves me wrong but at the moment I would have Holt in for him.

We could have spent the 2mill on weiss then  crippled ourselves wage wise

2 hours ago, saltire266 said:

Forget Pena , Dalcio is a far better player and should be on the left

I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw potential in Dalcio. He's not the finished article, to put it mildly, but any player with his pace shouldn't be written off. 

7 hours ago, buster. said:

He should be given enough gametime to prove himself or at least show the tendency for gradual improvement.

However, I'd agree that there were worrying signs at Hamilton wrt to a sort of 'couldn't give a f**k if I'm sent off' attitude.

It's really down to the manager to sort the player out so he starts adding positive value.

Bookies would be generous if they offered a price for Carlos being a success at Ibrox.

He didn't look too bothered about the use of his arm. I'd leave him out the team for that.

Just now, saltire266 said:

And you have given him how many games to prove otherwise? I game and your shite? Boy needs 6 games to get used to our type of football. Done ok for the 4 mins he was on against Hamilton.

Still no having it

Why are so many fans so dead set against Pena?  The guy still hasn't played a full game and has been played in different roles.  I'd like to see him played for a few games in the one position before I decide if he will be an asset and fit in or if we should try to move him on in the next transfer window.   Herrera is in the same position, we just haven't seen enough of either player to judge them fairly.       I haven't seen much criticism of Jack or Dorrans neither of whom has set the heather alight for us.   People going on about Pena could have been sent off when Jack was actually sent off.  My problem lies with the manager as he hasn't set up the team in a formation which suits our players as far as I can see.

Archived