Pena

cushynumber

2 minutes ago, markem said:

That's a fair point - I remain hopeful the guy will go on to be a player for us. 

Ever the (blind) optimist. 

Hopefully. I would love to see him start firing rockets into the roof of the net like in that YouTube clip. He looks like he is really enjoying his football. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

Haha hopefully not, If our scouts and Pedro have seen similar to performances to the ones in the video you can hardly blame them for a punt.

Pedro and his staff were at Santos Laguna when Peña was tearing the league apart, so they saw him at his peak first hand.

15 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Pena obviously has talent. Some fantastic passes, even in the last game. Some terrible touches too.

However for folk to state he is 'pish' is disingenuous as no-one has a clue why he can look so good and poor at (almost) the same time.

Yes, i'm not making excuses for him, but he has played in México his whole career, and scottish football is different to anything we have seen before, so he have to adapt to that roughness, the cold/rainy weather, he is from a very hot/sunny part of México (Tampico Madero) a beach in the gulf of México where the weather is always around 34-40 Celsius. All those thinks have to be considered to make a judgement.

10 minutes ago, AndoBien said:

Yes, i'm not making excuses for him, but he has played in México his whole career, and scottish football is different to anything we have seen before, so he have to adapt to that roughness, the cold/rainy weather, he is from a very hot/sunny part of México (Tampico Madero) a beach in the gulf of México where the weather is always around 34-40 Celsius. All those thinks have to be considered to make a judgement.

Wait until he plays at Arbroath in Jan in the Scottish if we get them, it will be like a scene from Cool runnings trying to get him off the bus

So no punishment for Pena, I am not surprised. This is never an elbow with violent intent. He tries to free himself from the Hamilton player grabbing his arm. It's not an elbow smash, it's not a red card and it's not violent conduct. 

So Pena has been cleared. 

Personally, I find that bizarre. Good news, but bizarre.  

No idea how compliance guy operates, but seems to employ the advice of the Magic 8 Ball.

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

So no punishment for Pena, I am not surprised. This is never an elbow with violent intent. He tries to free himself from the Hamilton player grabbing his arm. It's not an elbow smash, it's not a red card and it's not violent conduct. 

I think it is. Pretty clearly so, actually.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think it is. Pretty clearly so, actually.

If I could get the video up I would. I was surprised so much was made of it. Same with Browns, not an elbow for me. His kick to the head on the other hand was deliberate

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

If I could get the video up I would. I was surprised so much was made of it. Same with Browns, not an elbow for me. His kick to the head on the other hand was deliberate

I thought Pena's was bannable, Brown's wasn't but Brown's kick was.

It was certainly a yellow, I'd say a red. Surprised it was reviewed by Compliance Officer and he got away with it.

What I would say is that perhaps this is further evidence of the authorities letting things pass as ok rather than micro assessing and looking to punish as a default. Brown, Stokes, now Pena.

Bit of a shift change from the no contact route we've been headed down. But a welcome one if that is the strategy.

Just read an article on ex man utd starlet away for a years loan in Mexico.  One of the players interviewed said that the Mexican league is not as technical as the EPL but the players can run and run. Doesn't seem the case with Pena yet.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

No idea how compliance guy operates, but seems to employ the advice of the Magic 8 Ball.

stevie-wonder-o.gif

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

Post liked by @magic8ball.

The planets have aligned.

Is not this perfection?

50 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

right, Ive been kind of championing this guy as i think the stuff is there - but he needs to start delivering. Wee snatches so far, but i think away from home with a little more freedom on the ball and space to work in could help him. 

I'm the same but feel he needs a run of games at Ibrox to start showing up.

Other than the wine grapes his starts all seem away from home.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

right, Ive been kind of championing this guy as i think the stuff is there - but he needs to start delivering. Wee snatches so far, but i think away from home with a little more freedom on the ball and space to work in could help him. 

I hope if he starts this is finally where he kicks on, personally I wouldn't risk him in a must win game like tonight as I don't trust him to deliver the goods. I still have slight hope for him however.

Archived