Pena

cushynumber

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

looking fitter and sharper

scores two goals

But hey ho lets criticise him anyhooooo

Aye got to be a bit of balance surely,we write off players off instantly these days but a wee bit more patience is needed at times.

Criticise the poor stuff by all means but credit where it's due as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of poor touches to be fair.  Couple of fantastic ones too. One in first half when he setup chance for they fucks i just thought to myself how different the bounce would be on a pitch in Mexico compared to wet soggy pitch in Scotland.  Maybe just looking for excuses now. 

1 minute ago, Amato said:

? The boy has just scored two very nice goals, no pleasing some people.

Some people are dicks, some people arent happy unless they're moaning, others just don't like to see that they might have been wrong.

out of all our signings Pena was the one that excited me the most...

then I saw him play and thought wtf is going on?

but Pedro has stuck by him and it looks to be paying off.

good performance from Pena tonight and two excellent goals from very limited opertunities 

He's got an eye for goal, great reading of the game and brilliant positional awareness. Other parts of his game are not so good. If he did everything well he'd be playing for a big club in la Liga and not in our stagnant backwater.

His goals to minute ratio is impressive for a midfield player and if you look at the other opportunities he's had he could and should probably have at least another couple. 

I don't think I've ever been as confused by a player. He goes from the sublime, his chest control and volleyed pass to Windass before the opening goal, to the ridiculous, a missed touch followed by a dangerous backpass straight to a St J player that sent them on a counter attack.

I still don't really know what to make of him but I'm desperate for him to do well. And it was brilliant to see the reception he got when he was subbed tonight. 

Looks constantly off balance and disorientated but he's got decent timing in the air, won a couple of good flick-ons tonight. 

A fairly perplexing footballer, could potentially be a bit of a cult hero or could be the master of disaster. 

Just now, gsa said:

Looks constantly off balance and disoriented but he's got decent timing in the air, won a couple of good flick-ons tonight. 

A fairly perplexing footballer, could potentially be a bit of a cult hero or could be the master of disaster. 

Perplexing is a good description but perplexing and two goals will do for me.

2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

One of the first names on the team sheet now no joke 

I agree he offers something that no-one else can in our squad. He's not a world class talent but how long is it since f we've had a player to play the number 10 role properly.

I really don't get the criticism of this guy. If it was Miller doing what he is doing we would be eulogising him. He can play the game, it's so obvious its frightening. He doesnt play in a typically scottish way, but his movement and intelligence are unreal.

Seriously, lets get behind the guy rather than damning with faint praise.

Some amount of tarriers still posting on here.

Anyhow, commentators and fans have been saying all season that we have no one attacking the far post when balls are fired across.  It is a gamble a player has to be prepared to take, Windass never does it and Miller used to do it before his legs gave up.  Pena gambled twice, lost the defender and attacked the rear post -- as a result two goals.  Hopefully something he will repeat more often, if he does then I can see him on 20+ goals this season.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I really don't get the criticism of this guy. If it was Miller doing what he is doing we would be eulogising him. He can play the game, it's so obvious its frightening. He doesnt play in a typically scottish way, but his movement and intelligence are unreal.

Seriously, lets get behind the guy rather than damning with faint praise.

I get the criticism at times but I don't get the refusal to acknowledge the good stuff he produces.

Archived