Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's definitely improving and has that ability to get in good positions and score goals, which our other midfielders simply don't do.  The amount of times he found himself in open space waiting for a pass that didn't always reach him, does show that he's an intelligent player. Hopefully he keeps improving and becomes a huge success!

24 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Some people are dicks, some people arent happy unless they're moaning, others just don't like to see that they might have been wrong.

out of all our signings Pena was the one that excited me the most...

then I saw him play and thought wtf is going on?

but Pedro has stuck by him and it looks to be paying off.

good performance from Pena tonight and two excellent goals from very limited opertunities 

He's also only a quarter of a season into his time with us. Mark Hateley was utter pish for most of his first season as was McCoist.

Just now, googglebot said:

Pena still cloearly has a fare bit to go, but hes improving and shows in flashes that he has something special. He could suprise us all, especially the doubters.

He is not going to surprise me. I stated 3 weeks ago after the old firm game that I think he would be a revelation for us this season. I stand by that.

3 minutes ago, butthole said:

Well he got 2 goals so part of me thinks oh well maybe he will make a good striker rather than attacking midfielder we had been expecting but na, let's get real, on the whole he was fucking stinking.

It isn’t by fucking magic he finds himself in goal scoring positions

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

He is not going to surprise me. I stated 3 weeks ago after the old firm game that I think he would be a revelation for us this season. I stand by that.

Me neither mate.

Delighted for him getting a double tonight. Won't lie - he is incredibly frustrating to watch whether it be getting dispossessed or not enough pace on the pass but I think he will be a big big player for us this season.

Looks shite at times, but we've been crying out for a goalscoring midfielder as its one area we really have been lacking compared to the tarriers especially. But those weren't flukes or scrappy goals tonight, they were two excellent finishes by Pena and if the rest of his game can catch up he'll be a valuable player this season.

9 minutes ago, butthole said:

Well he got 2 goals so part of me thinks oh well maybe he will make a good striker rather than attacking midfielder we had been expecting but na, let's get real, on the whole he was fucking stinking.

There's different types of attacking midfielders. They're not all advanced playmakers or beat three men and score Messi types. You also get the guys who find space and anticipate where the knock ons and loose balls are going to be. Pena is that last type and he's starting to show what he can do in that role.

30 minutes ago, Amato said:

? The boy has just scored two very nice goals, no pleasing some people.

Steady 

Rangers won 3 zip and our biggest outlay scored again.... Twice so why wouldn't I be pleased 

Was agreeing with the point he takes up good positions as his goals prove. The rest of his attributes aren't nearly as obvious....... Yet 

hence the criticism he gets on here. 

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I really don't get the criticism of this guy. If it was Miller doing what he is doing we would be eulogising him. He can play the game, it's so obvious its frightening. He doesnt play in a typically scottish way, but his movement and intelligence are unreal.

Seriously, lets get behind the guy rather than damning with faint praise.

Spot on 

6 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Steady 

Rangers won 3 zip and our biggest outlay scored again.... Twice so why wouldn't I be pleased 

Was agreeing with the point he takes up good positions as his goals prove. The rest of his attributes aren't nearly as obvious....... Yet 

hence the criticism he gets on here. 

To be fair, you said he only possessed one attribute! Anyway agreed, a night to be happy

He's coming good. It's taking time and he's not as quick as he needs to be with the ball at his feet, but he's shown enough to know that there's a player in there. Some great passes and a handful of goals while not at full speed. I'm happy.

Wanted him to do well when he signed, now he's getting games and goals, it's all starting to click.

Clearly improving every game, and going from strength to strength. Still a bit to go in terms of being on top form but I think he'll be a massive player for us going forward.

Really hope he continues to improve and do well. Just need to get Herrera up to speed now!

Archived