Pena

cushynumber

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

His timing of arriving in the box and finding space is impeccable, his finishing is really good aswell.

A far cry from getting into an advanced position to cross into the box and looking up to see Garner in the midfield having a wee wrestling match with somebody needlessly instead of being the attacker we thought would be attacking cross balls.

I think the thing making him look clumsy just now is the bounce of the ball, it has been mentioned that the bounce can make you look silly and the bounce here on wet pitches would be totally different to what he is used to in Mexico.

That and the lack of time he gets on the ball playing for Rangers with teams packing defences, i disagree that the pace of the game in Scotland is too fast for him because any Mexican football i have seen (admittedly not much) has been fast and free flowing.

I think he is only going to get better and after Christmas we will see him really come into his own and look a lot more comfortable.

I got told he is rumoured to be the highest paid player in Scottish football at the moment, so lets hope he does justify the outlay the club has put towards bringing him here.

Not sure if adding a widely inflammatory rumour will help the current situatuon.   Its also highly highly unlikely that Rangers have the highest paid player in Scottish football.

I get that you are sharing unsubstantiated information.   Justdont think it adds anything and will get people talking about him for the wrong reasons again.

1 minute ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Not sure if adding a widely inflammatory rumour will help the current situatuon.   Its also highly highly unlikely that Rangers have the highest paid player in Scottish football.

I get that you are sharing unsubstantiated information.   Justdont think it adds anything and will get people talking about him for the wrong reasons again.

Widely inflammatory my arse.

Wait, do you think Pena is suddenly going to stop scoring goals and go back the way because some guy on a forum mentioned his wages?

Away and don't talk shite.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Widely inflammatory my arse.

Wait, do you think Pena is suddenly going to stop scoring goals and go back the way because some guy on a forum mentioned his wages?

Away and don't talk shite.

No but a lot of wallopers on here might believe your shite and find another stick to beat him with.On here and at games.  Already has a big enough transfer fee.  

In reality you are saying he is paid more than 25,000 a week.

*scum have a few players on that currently 

Just now, FlashHarryForrester said:

No but a lot of wallopers on here might believe your shite and find another stick to beat him with.On here and at games.  Already has a big enough transfer fee.  

He is on 42k a week plus bonuses. 

2 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Not my shite, just what i was told.

Aye i can see Pena about to burst into the box and stopping because some guy in the enclosure is shouting about his wages, fucking hell stop talking so much shite.

Wouldn't know how much the beggars pay their players, maybe you could tell us some more about that?

How do you know how much they are on?

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye i can see Pena about to burst into the box and stopping because some guy in the enclosure is shouting about his wages, fucking hell stop talking so much shite.

Wouldn't know how much the beggars pay their players, maybe you could tell us some more about that?

I like Pena, and think he really offers us something, but there’s absolutely no way he is the highest paid player in Scottish football. 

Brown and Sinclair are £30k +, and there no way DK or the board have allowed that kind of outlay on a player. 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Ask your ITK pal.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I like Pena, and think he really offers us something, but there’s absolutely no way he is the highest paid player in Scottish football. 

Brown and Sinclair are £30k +, and there no way DK or the board have allowed that kind of outlay on a player. 

Possibly mate, but regardless, he is on big money at Ibrox and i hope he continues to improve to justify the outlay on him.

We need to stop discussing his wages because it might affect his performance, so widely inflammatory, unlike some of the other rumours flying about regarding him earlier in the season:whistle:

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Why would i ask him when you were the one saying you knew?

They are a PlC  so wage structure is disclosed in annual accounts.

Total of 52.2 million for players and staff as of last year. 

Widely understood they have s number of players paid over 25k. 

But then you probably knew that, but doesnt help your nonsense point.  

Did your source give you a figure?  

Penà highest paid player in Scotland  :duh:

20 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

But then you probably knew that, but doesnt help your nonsense point.  

Don't know how you can say that when i have already said i have no idea what the beggars pay their players.

I don't take a keen interest in their financial accounts, unlike yourself it seems.

As a matter of fact he did mention a figure of 27k a week, now i would have no way of finding out if that is correct or not as i am not a shareholder and have little interest in scanning our accounts when they are released.

Nonsense point? That's rich coming from the guy who thinks discussing his wages will suddenly affect his performance:lol:

For me he seems a bit of a confidence player.

As the game went on last Friday and we were in control he started to look more composed and confident on the ball.

I just cant work the guy out, spends half the time falling over on his arse and terrible touches, then will show the odd glimpse of quality and keeps scoring goals.

Just hoping he is not on a mental lucky streak and he actually does have good positioning and composure :lol:

1 minute ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

For me he seems a bit of a confidence player.

Very much so, at first he looked like a fish out of water when he played.

The game against Marseille he came on and looked lost but did have the wee moment of magic nutmegging a player.

With each goal he scores you can see him grow in confidence and enjoying it more, the players around him congratulating him and urging him on will give him that wee bit more self belief.

It can't have been an easy transition for him coming here to a different continent to play his football, that's why i wouldn't be so quick to write him off.

Honestly don't know what to make of Pena, he looks as if he doesn't have a clue half the time but his knack of being in the right place at the right time is excellent. 

Even on Friday I thought he wasn't that great but basically won us the game with 2 good finishes. 

10 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Honestly don't know what to make of Pena, he looks as if he doesn't have a clue half the time but his knack of being in the right place at the right time is excellent. 

Even on Friday I thought he wasn't that great but basically won us the game with 2 good finishes. 

don't think its a knack mate. It's a skill. as the breadman would say, the lad has fantastic pitch geography.

10 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes but how long does it take to bring that to an acceptable level?

The touch I mentionned.

The milleresque one that should have led to a red card last week.

The multitude of touches that bounce off him or end up lost. Its awful.

I'd stick with him but on evidence he's not a good footballer but knows how to get into an attacking position and finish. Can't play footie but can finish.

Not shite but not good.

:justno:

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Painful to read but accurate.

I disagree with it almost entirely. The cant play football bit, is one of the most ludicrous statements I have read on here in a while mate. While his touch is still coming, I would suggest he has the best football brain in the team.

18 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

His stats are a bit mental.

Hardly moves and contributes absolutely nothing outside the box but when he's in the box he has clever movement and scores regularly. 

So ... you're saying he is a Mexican Kris Boyd? 

Archived