Next Manager? (Options)

BlueMexican

Nigel Person and no other.

He put together the Leicester team that won the premier league the following season.

It's  a no brainier IMO.

He is a real hard nosed operator that takes no shit and no prisoners.

We have to find a way to close this gap between us and "the vermin of the earth"

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Davie the Dodger said:

Nigel Person and no other.

He put together the Leicester team that won the premier league the following season.

It's  a no brainier IMO.

He is a real hard nosed operator that takes no shit and no prisoners.

We have to find a way to close this gap between us and "the vermin of the earth"

He's a nutjob, would crack within two months up here.

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

Absolutely not 

not a pot to piss in. And it'll cost to shift this dud cunt 

also do we know what our actual net spend is this summer? Have we just been coerced into thinking we have actually spent big due to the sheer volume of signings or has the majority of the outlay actually been balanced by player sales? 

This guy was a bizarre choice, and I was fucking furious at the time of his appointment when we were expected to swallow this idiot who has been plucked from 5th place in the Qatar league. The scum have a REAL cunt of a manager in charge but is a cut above the rest like it or not. Brenda folds under pressure, has done, always will. So what do we do? Leave Robertson to source a no mark from Qatar who actually has made us worse. Never bought the excuses that the team wasn't his at the end of last season, and that's why we were howling. He got NO reaction when he came in, and presided over some of the worst results in my time as a rangers fan 

fuck this moron. It's a fucking farce and his appointment is an absolute fucking piss take 

fuck off robertson as well. And get to fuck paul Murray you cunt. 

Aye m8, we've probably not spent that much when you take in player sales and season ticket money, am too wrecked to work it out though.

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

Absolutely not 

also do we know what our actual net spend is this summer? Have we just been coerced into thinking we have actually spent big due to the sheer volume of signings or has the majority of the outlay actually been balanced by player sales? 

This guy was a bizarre choice, and I was fucking furious at the time of his appointment when we were expected to swallow this idiot who has been plucked from 5th place in the Qatar league. The scum have a REAL cunt of a manager in charge but is a cut above the rest like it or not. Brenda folds under pressure, has done, always will. So what do we do? Leave Robertson to source a no mark from Qatar who actually has made us worse. Never bought the excuses that the team wasn't his at the end of last season, and that's why we were howling. He got NO reaction when he came in, and presided over some of the worst results in my time as a rangers fan 

fuck this moron. It's a fucking farce and his appointment is an absolute fucking piss take 

we can afford to sack the manager. They will just be put on leave and a new guy brought in

2 hours ago, PRW. said:

He doesn't come back from this.

The guy from the mid table Qatari team who only got the job because of Park does not ever recover from 5-1 v the taigs at Ibrox, 2-1 v sheep at Ibrox, 3-2 Hibs at Ibrox, 2-0 Progres and numerous other poor results. It was obvious from before he got the job that he wasn't good enough to get the job, and now we've let him spend about £8m on a squad. Shambles.

And I'm not confident in the slightest about the next appointment (which I don't think will happen until next season). No faith in Robertson and co getting it right. We appoint any of the usual names banded about and we're handing them 10IAR, Wright, McInnes, McLeish etc and we're as well packing it in.

Forget 10IAR its done its happening. The next guys job is to get us back winning then we can build from there. Any name you mention above will do that. Our bigger aim is to insure we get to 55 before they do.  

5 hours ago, BlueMexican said:

Considering we have a medium budget, we can't go looking for e.g. Frank Dr Boers or anything of that calibre. We simply need to be realistic. Below are people who will no doubt be listed. Do we need a tried and trusted manager? I would take McInnes as he is the only one who is improving as a manager and getting Aberdeen consistently better than the rest outwith Saville. We also need a coach as JJ is too quiet and can't imagine him rallying the troops.

McInnes 

Billy Davies

Alex McLeish

Neil McCann

Sam Allardyce 

Gary Rowatt

Nigel Pearson

Walter (Number one choice but never happening)

Kevin Thomson

Barry Ferguson

Arteta (coach for Guardiola and will know Mark Allen)

Ray Wilkins

David Moyes

Paulo Sousa

Walter Mazzarrazi 

Luis Enrique

Claude Purl

Diego Lopez

Tommy Wright

I swear to god you have infiltrated our forum. You are never a Rangers supporter in a million years. 

You are just a bit cleverer than the usual stupid ones that get caught quickly. 

Mcinnes is proven on a tight budget and a rangers man to boot. Played in a winning rangers side, rejected Sunderland which suggests he is pragmatic and not all about cash. If we can get him he's the one.

gary rowett second.

pedro should not have hotmail his foot through the door - not to mention buying out his contract for around £1mill ! Crazy stuff. Everytime he talks to the press I want the ground to open up and swallow him!

2 hours ago, KWBear said:

Absolutely not 

I never bought into that either. It wasn't Murtys team either, yet he dumped the silly total attacking football mantra, made us hard to beat, and drew with the taigs. The same mantra that would probably (admittedly boringly) beat hibs and hearts.

PEDRO OUT.

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Does anyone think the board are seriously considering sacking Pedro. I honestly don't think they are

I sadly cannot see that mate, far too early, but I'll say this: if he keeps that up and Rangers lose more points, by Christmas, I can't see him being in the job. If Rangers lose at Ibrox against Celtic, he'll be dangling by a thread. To Rangers supporters however he should be gone after that, but we know it's not really down to us, I think he'll be gone by Christmas. I'll wish him well from the good of me and say he's not good enough, but one thing needs to be looked at and that is who appoints the manager and who would be available to us. At this stage however, it's still early.

Sad though, 5 points behind at this stage and only 3 games gone, that's poor! 

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Derek McInnes with Kevin Thomson as his number 2.

Clear the decks.

It needs done. 

No thanks.  Not the man for us, What has he done at Aberdeen?  Aberdeen are a pish poor Side that's how bad we are.

Out if that list give me Nigel Pearson all day long as big Sam would be too expensive.  But more names will crop up but he needs balked with are cash and not fantasy £3.5 million on Pena because if that is true everyone from board level to manager need sacked 

2 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I sadly cannot see that mate, far too early, but I'll say this: if he keeps that up and Rangers lose more points, by Christmas, I can't see him being in the job. If Rangers lose at Ibrox against Celtic, he'll be dangling by a thread. To Rangers supporters however he should be gone after that, but we know it's not really down to us, I think he'll be gone by Christmas. I'll wish him well from the good of me and say he's not good enough, but one thing needs to be looked at and that is who appoints the manager and who would be available to us. At this stage however, it's still early.

Sad though, 5 points behind at this stage and only 3 games gone, that's poor! 

Lose more points by Christmas? If he does not win at Ross County he is toast.

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Lose more points by Christmas? If he does not win at Ross County he is toast.

I wish that were true but it's going to come down to the board, I do agree though that he should be, it's not acceptable, the 3 points I excused and to be fair the Hibs game was something a tad different as Hibs came and had a go and therefore felt in that more open game Rangers could get something, this however when a team sits in and is hard to break down you can see where Rangers were struggling, too much dependency on Morelos and I just cannot buy into this when they won't even go for Moult at least.

6 hours ago, Copland bear said:

No thanks.  Not the man for us, What has he done at Aberdeen?  Aberdeen are a pish poor Side that's how bad we are.

Out if that list give me Nigel Pearson all day long as big Sam would be too expensive.  But more names will crop up but he needs balked with are cash and not fantasy £3.5 million on Pena because if that is true everyone from board level to manager need sacked 

What has he done at Aberdeen ? Apart from second place finish, 4 cup finals, beating us at Ibrox :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Rosebery1872 said:

sheep are happy with 2nd were not different gravy as the merse says

You'll need to help me out, I'm a bit baffled here.

What do you expect Aberdeen to do? a team with about 10 thousand season ticket holders and no money to spend - win the league? do trebles? 

People need to get real here.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You'll need to help me out, I'm a bit baffled here.

What do you expect Aberdeen to do? a team with about 10 thousand season ticket holders and no money to spend - win the league? do trebles? 

People need to get real here.

He's done well with the budget he's got true your not wrong. But won't cut it here for me. Maybe a few more pennies from King's pocket might get someone decent from down south with the ego to take the biggest of challenges on.

1 minute ago, Rosebery1872 said:

He's done well with the budget he's got true your not wrong. But won't cut it here for me. Maybe a few more pennies from King's pocket might get someone decent from down south with the ego to take the biggest of challenges on.

Don't get me wrong my absolute number 1 choice is Allardyce but I don't think he's a realistic option.

I wouldn't say no to Harry Redknapp, either.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't get me wrong my absolute number 1 choice is Allardyce but I don't think he's a realistic option.

I wouldn't say no to Harry Redknapp, either.

Old school Walter style no nonsense manager reqd at least to steady the ship, I keep thinking we missed a trick on not appointing Warnock.