Next Manager? (Options)

BlueMexican

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Was just saying this to my husband. When did we as a support start thinking second place was acceptable?

Last season when it was obvious to everyone we weren't gonna finish second.

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Frank de Boer

It sounds mental to say it but if he does end up being available, I'm not sure I'd even want us to go after him.

Jonathan Wilson was saying on Football Weekly before the season started that a lot of people think he's always going to struggle outwith the Ajax set up and bubble and that's very much looking like the case with the start he's made at Palace.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It sounds mental to say it but if he does end up being available, I'm not sure I'd even want us to go after him.

Jonathan Wilson was saying on Football Weekly before the season started that a lot of people think he's always going to struggle outwith the Ajax set up and bubble and that's very much looking like the case with the start he's made at Palace.

I was jesting mate.

If Caixinha goes the we'll get a good idea how influential Mark Allen is.

if the board pull rank then it'll be Mcinnes.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Gary Monk. 

Not for me.

Saved Swansea from relegation after Laudrup almost sent them down - fair enough.

Following season 9th or 10th in the EPL - fair enough.

Following season sacked after one of Swanseas most disastrous runs ever (worse then Laudrups from memory).

Then quit Leeds for no apparent reason - still hasn't said why. Literally walked out.

Now at Middlesbourgh, played 3, 1 win, 2 defeats + a draw at home today against PNE.

He's achieved nothing of note. Add to that (and someone on here will know for sure) he's probably working with a far bigger budgets than he would be with us.

We need to get away from the Warburtons and Pedros and appoint a manager with a proven track record. Easier said than done, I admit - but.... 

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

Not for me.

Saved Swansea from relegation after Laudrup almost sent them down - fair enough.

Following season 9th or 10th in the EPL - fair enough.

Following season sacked after one of Swanseas most disastrous runs ever (worse then Laudrups from memory).

Then quit Leeds for no apparent reason - still hasn't said why. Literally walked out.

Now at Middlesbourgh, played 3, 1 win, 2 defeats + a draw at home today aginst PNE.

He's achieved nothing of note. Add to that (and someone on here will know for sure) he's probably working with a far bigger budgets than he would be with us.

We need to get away from the Warburtons and Pedros and appoint a manager with a proven track record. Easier said than done, I admit - but.... 

I agree. I'm so outdated i didn't even know he was at Boro. We definitely need a steady hand, an experienced man who we all know knows what he is doing. 

Must admit that none of the names mentioned in the last few posts inspire me and I don't know enough to comment about managers outwith Scotland, so if Pedro eventually flops, and I don't know if he will or won't, I don't know who I'd want in.  Obviously Tommy Wright hasn't done himself any harm today and I could fully understand if we went for him and I suspect he'd be better than McInnes.

• 3 weeks later...