Heavy investment?

linfield1690

1 minute ago, linfield1690 said:

Where the fuck are we going to get that we need about £50mill to wipe these scudmarks off the face off the earth so come on board/Dave king show us the money!

The best part of £3m on Pena to sit on the bench , can't blame that on King.

6 minutes ago, linfield1690 said:

Where the fuck are we going to get that we need about £50mill to wipe these scudmarks off the face off the earth so come on board/Dave king show us the money!

How much do we need to beat a team from luxembourg? 

4 minutes ago, linfield1690 said:

To be honest the money we've spent (and wasted) since coming back up the leagues upto and including now and last season might not be a kick in the balls off that total.

This is the problem, we appoint second rate shite and allow them to buy second rate shite hoping to get lucky or unearth gems but I've been saying for years let's cut the bullshit and spend what's needed in a one off season right from the get-go and give us that superior nucleus of a team and you can add a player or two each season after that as and when/where needed.

Last season perfect example ... taigs went and got Dembele and Sinclair ... people claim we can't afford the alleged 30k the gave Dembele ... yet they don't bat an eye-lid at the thought of giving Wilson, O'Halloran and Halliday that same wage per week combined and you tell me who's better off? 

Even though I maintain Pedro has bought quite wisely for the most part this summer the point still remains that we have to spend these totals eventually, why not do it sooner rather than later and have success in the immediate? instead of below par levels in stages here and there and wondering why we are getting nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You sort of can though, what I mean by that is who has he put in place that ok's that kind of signing, it's another example of what is wrong with the club at the moment.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Even the best managers can get it wrong when spending reasonable sums of money whether it be Walter Smith or Alex Ferguson. Early days for Pena, not looking good, but even if he's not a success I don't think Pedro can be treated as a unique case in getting a big money signing wrong.

I think, overall, we've recruited well so far in Alves, Cardoso, Jack, Dorrans and from early signs id put in Morelos too. I also think Candeias can prove to be at least a trusted squad player. 

I think we have better players now compared to last season but we are lacking a bit of quality, something special in the final third that can make the difference in games like today. 

3 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

Even the best managers can get it wrong when spending reasonable sums of money whether it be Walter Smith or Alex Ferguson. Early days for Pena, not looking good, but even if he's not a success I don't think Pedro can be treated as a unique case in getting a big money signing wrong.

I think, overall, we've recruited well so far in Alves, Cardoso, Jack, Dorrans and from early signs id put in Morelos too. I also think Candeias can prove to be at least a trusted squad player. 

I think we have better players now compared to last season but we are lacking a bit of quality, something special in the final third that can make the difference in games like today. 

Weiss imo could save Pedro's job but it looks like that ship has sailed.

15 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

He's the guy who empowered  a couple of complete nuggets to give Pedro the gig in the first place,  then back him with funds we can ill afford to waste though. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

To be honest the money we've spent (and wasted) since coming back up the leagues upto and including now and last season might not be a kick in the balls off that total.

This is the problem, we appoint second rate shite and allow them to buy second rate shite hoping to get lucky or unearth gems but I've been saying for years let's cut the bullshit and spend what's needed in a one off season right from the get-go and give us that superior nucleus of a team and you can add a player or two each season after that as and when/where needed.

Last season perfect example ... taigs went and got Dembele and Sinclair ... people claim we can't afford the alleged 30k the gave Dembele ... yet they don't bat an eye-lid at the thought of giving Wilson, O'Halloran and Halliday that same wage per week combined and you tell me who's better off? 

Even though I maintain Pedro has bought quite wisely for the most part this summer the point still remains that we have to spend these totals eventually, why not do it sooner rather than later and have success in the immediate? instead of below par levels in stages here and there and wondering why we are getting nowhere. 

Sensible post again pal, only problem with that though is King and the others will not be willing to risk the amount required, not when they are not willing to risk losing their shirts in getting their investments back, I actually don't doubt King has the money available, but to be fair to him he has lost a bundle in the past and won't be keen in doing the same again, what kind of rich businessman would he be to get caught out twice.

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

Sensible post again pal, only problem with that though is King and the others will not be willing to risk the amount required, not when they are not willing to risk losing their shirts in getting their investments back, I actually don't doubt King has the money available, but to be fair to him he has lost a bundle in the past and won't be keen in doing the same again, what kind of rich businessman would he be to get caught out twice.

I know mate but if he can't back up his words/promises then he needs to be held accountable for it ... I'm less bothered about the money aspect (that's at the back of my mind for the time being) my issues is the appointment of Pedro and the impending decisions that need took regarding him. The money argument can wait for another day IMO. 

Pretty sure I seen something online about the celtic squad being put together for around £16m or so and given the fact that Brown accounted for £4m of that when he was signed almost a decade ago I don't think we've been light years behind in the spending stakes over the last year.

Our main problem is wasting what money we do have and dreadful use of the loan market. The peados have got a £12m player on loan for two and a half years now and our loan signings have been Dalcio and Oduwa.

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Lolwell done the right thing. Got a manager who could improve what they had available and added wisely. 

Pedro was so left field it was always a risk. It doesn't look like it will get better. 

We need an investment for a manager who will organise and inspire what we have and add 2 or 3 players who change a game. Maybe not a Dembele but a Sinclair type player 27 who has ability and need a place where he can feel important again. 

So far were a mishmash poor tactics and lacking any inspiration.

There must be someone who can give those player some direction.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I know mate but if he can't back up his words/promises then he needs to be held accountable for it ... I'm less bothered about the money aspect (that's at the back of my mind for the time being) my issues is the appointment of Pedro and the impending decisions that need took regarding him. The money argument can wait for another day IMO. 

The appointment of Pedro is the worst decision IMO, he took the gamble on Warburton and Weir and that bit him on the arse and then he goes and compounds it by taking a second gamble on Pedro when everyone and his dog knew that the next appointment had to be someone with authority who knew what was needed but oh no he  decided he knew better, FFS how many chancers has he seen off in his time in his line of business but allows himself to be taken in by this charlatan. 

Unlike you the money aspect really pisses me off, not only does he get duped by this smooth talker but gives him approximately 8 million quid to waste on players hardly anyone had heard of apart from Alves, and the ones we did know he most likely didn't and only went on recommendations from others, now after this second shambles of an appointment I would be astonished if he gives him another penny to spend, so in other words we are fucked for another season.