Squad deficiencies

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

Still not bothered about McKays departure but I would have liked to have seen how Garner played with these new players, especially with the amount of unanswered crosses we had today.

Of all the players we've let go the only 1 that really annoyed me was Garner. I said for months he had goals in him if we would play to his strengths and we got rid of him then started playing a way that would have suited him a bit more.

I'm not sure how he would have fared today though, most of the crosses were poor.

50 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't see us making any progress signing players like May, McLean or Moult. All very ordinary IMO.

Stevie May is a proven spl striker with Hamilton and st Johnstone....the sooner people realise where we are the sooner we will get a grasp of reality....if you believe that may is not a step up then we are fucked 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of all the players we've let go the only 1 that really annoyed me was Garner. I said for months he had goals in him if we would play to his strengths and we got rid of him then started playing a way that would have suited him a bit more.

I'm not sure how he would have fared today though, most of the crosses were poor.

Agree with that, I'd said the same when he was rumoured to be Ipswich bound. And tbf the crosses weren't the best, just frustrating to see the distribution from our CM's focussing on the wings so much now when we've just lost a decent aerial presence. His current form at Ipswich aside he would have at the very least been another option and we could stop wasting the position on a vacant Miller.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Stevie May is a proven spl striker with Hamilton and st Johnstone....the sooner people realise where we are the sooner we will get a grasp of reality....if you believe that may is not a step up then we are fucked 

A proven striker with St Johnstone and Hamilton doesn't impress me in itself. Especially one that's had the last few years he has.

May is an Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts level signing. I realise where we are, but I don't accept it. Signing May, McLean and the likes is exactly that. We need to find better quality or it'll be squabbling as nonentities for years. These guys are fillers of the kind of quality we already have an abundance of.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

A proven striker with St Johnstone and Hamilton doesn't impress me in itself. Especially one that's had the last few years he has.

May is an Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts level signing. I realise where we are, but I don't accept it. Signing May, McLean and the likes is exactly that. We need to find better quality or it'll be squabbling as nonentities for years. These guys are fillers of the kind of quality we already have an abundance of.

Indigo....Aberdeen are already 5pts above us after 3 games....if we are talking Rangers teams in years gone by then yes you have a point but unfortunately our need is now....Stevie may enhances Rangers as I know them at this present day

Morelos  played well and looks like he can be a good player for us. 2 efforts cleared off the line. Holds the ball up well but isnt helped by his striking partner being everywhere but where he should be. Sent in a couple of dangerous crosses that just didn't go in. Lots of effort and strength but needs assistance up front. Pedro should be focusing on working a front 2 partnership but is not seeing it correctly. Morelos and Herrera should be given a run together, but Pedro''s Miller love-in needs to stop now 

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Indigo....Aberdeen are already 5pts above us after 3 games....if we are talking Rangers teams in years gone by then yes you have a point but unfortunately our need is now....Stevie may enhances Rangers as I know them at this present day

Not for me, hamster93. I'd have a different objective than beating Aberdeen. I want us to build towards a challenge to sellic, and Stevie Mays won't do that. Perpetuates averageness.

24 minutes ago, Inigo said:

There's never any guarantees . Some of our best goalscorers in recent times came from teams like Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone . ( albeit via Sunderland ) 

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not for me, hamster93. I'd have a different objective than beating Aberdeen. I want us to build towards a challenge to sellic, and Stevie Mays won't do that. Perpetuates averageness.

You tell him Indigo :lol:

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

There's never any guarantees . Some of our best goalscorers in recent times came from teams like Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone . ( albeit via Sunderland ) 

Truth.

I just think he's pretty average ability wise (by our normal standards) and has had too dodgy a few years for us to have risked him. Less is expected of the sheep, so they can afford that risk more than we can.

Responsibility. 

This season weve missed a cutting edge to our play where nobody seems to want to take the responsibility  of playing a forward pass but instead play safe by playing the safer pass sideways or backwards .

This is something both the management and players need to address . 

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Surely we have to go beyond the sheep b4 we can compete with the runners?

Who would you sign then to bridge the gap....with our budget?

Just now, hammer93 said:

Surely we have to go beyond the sheep b4 we can compete with the runners?

Who would you sign then to bridge the gap....with our budget?

You can go beyond the sheep by buying better quality than May, you know. It doesn't have to be a stepped process of buying to beat them then shipping those guys out then buying to beat the tims. Makes more sense to start buying players that we think can progress towards challenging sellic now, especially given some of the averageness already in the squad.

I wouldn't know who to sign. How would I? I'm not a scout. I do know (or think) that May isn't good enough to challenge sellic, so I don't see the point in adding him to a bunch of players many of whom are the same. Need to increase the quality, not pad out with run-of-the-mill. 

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Truth.

I just think he's pretty average ability wise (by our normal standards) and has had too dodgy a few years for us to have risked him. Less is expected of the sheep, so they can afford that risk more than we can.

To be honest I do know what you mean but it doesn't always work out that way. Take guys like Salenko , Gui'varch (?) and a few others that sounded promising , none of which compared to guys like Boyd or McCoist . 

Just now, gmcf said:

To be honest I do know what you mean but it doesn't always work out that way. Take guys like Salenko , Gui'varch (?) and a few others that sounded promising , none of which compared to guys like Boyd or McCoist . 

Aye mate, but I didn't think Boyd was ordinary. I do think may is. I'm not saying go after unnamed foreigners for the sake of it, I'm saying May isn't good enough IMO. And he's risky given his last two years.

Just now, Inigo said:

You can go beyond the sheep by buying better quality than May, you know. It doesn't have to be a stepped process of buying to beat them then shipping those guys out then buying to beat the tims. Makes more sense to start buying players that we think can progress towards challenging sellic now, especially given some of the averageness already in the squad.

I wouldn't know who to sign. How would I? I'm not a scout. I do know (or think) that May isn't good enough to challenge sellic, so I don't see the point in adding him to a bunch of players many of whom are the same. Need to increase the quality, not pad out with run-of-the-mill. 

Ok your not a scout but you have written off May?

You can't name 1 player within our budget that can make us a better team....do you think some cunt is gonnae wave a magic wand and sprinkle some stardust over Ibrox....get your head out the clouds we are skint and are currently 5pts behind 3 teams after 3 games but in your world we don't need to worry about the sheep!!!!

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Aye mate, but I didn't think Boyd was ordinary. I do think may is. I'm not saying go after unnamed foreigners for the sake of it, I'm saying May isn't good enough IMO. And he's risky given his last two years.

Don't really fancy May either , but in a similar vein , I think Moult would be a perfect foil for Morelos , moreso than Herrera . 

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Ok your not a scout but you have written off May?

You can't name 1 player within our budget that can make us a better team....do you think some cunt is gonnae wave a magic wand and sprinkle some stardust over Ibrox....get your head out the clouds we are skint and are currently 5pts behind 3 teams after 3 games but in your world we don't need to worry about the sheep!!!!

Calm doon, hamster. You shouldnae get so upset about me not rating Stevie May that highly.

So as for writing off May and not naming any players, um yeah, because I've seen May quite a bit and I haven't seen the rest of football. Magic wands, sprinkles and stardust would be great, but I'd settle for some good contacts or scouting bringing in a better standard of player from somewhere in the world. I'd imagine there might be one or two to be found out there that are better than Stevie May. Like young Morelos is starting to look like he could be. Me not being able to name a name doesn't mean a thing.

I said nothing about not worrying about the Sheep. Why do people have a need to put words in other people's mouths so often these days? I said we can go beyond the sheep by buying better quality than May, i.e. without at the same time limiting our ability to progress towards sellic. That it doesn't have to be a stepped process of buying to beat them then shipping those guys out then buying to beat the tims. That it makes more sense to start buying players that we think can progress towards challenging sellic now, especially given some of the averageness already in the squad.

None of that is ignoring the sheep.

8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Don't really fancy May either , but in a similar vein , I think Moult would be a perfect foil for Morelos , moreso than Herrera . 

Can't say I'm impressed by Moult either, my man.

Fussy cunt these days.