Safe Standing Banner

Guest Lloyd72

2 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

The moment they backed Kings boycott to get him in on the cheap and damaged our club even more was probably the time he felt he was more of a supporter of the club.

"Damaged our club even more" okay please explain how the UB damaged the club even more by a boycott?

The club was being run by a couple of crooks, granted King isnt sqeaky clean either but a damm site better than the previous regime.

Anyway way off topic and another clear post just to bash the UB and avoid the main reason for the thread.

Again classing one fan better than another is horrendous patter. Stop looking for reasons to put a negative on every discussion regards SS. Instead come up with valid reasons why you disagree with the idea and keep them for the debates ahead should the idea progress any.

19 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Thought it was a good display and got a good reaction from most of the crowd but a couple of bears around me in CF didn't like it and were moaning about safe standing, I heard one bear shout "Aye you can fucking stand where yous are then". Think this kind of mentality from older bears may stop the Safe standing plans before they even start.

I'm 30 and as much as im happy for there to be a standing section, I wouldn't want a return to 100% standing. 

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Del said:

I'm 30 and as much as im happy for there to be a standing section, I wouldn't want a return to 100% standing. 

No one is saying that mate and I agree it shouldn't be 100% standing because there are people who cannot stand for 90 minutes or at all in our support that we must accomodate but for those who want to stand should be allowed to without getting abuse for it.

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Who else is gonna pay for it?  These things don't come for free, Safe standing is a very long way away,as,ifbthe club said okay we fans would like to know where the money is coming from when we need a right back,winger and a target man for starters. 

We simply can't afford it just now as the manager fucked up any European income which would have relived a bit of the pressure on us. 

Does Club1872 not have a Projects Budget? Why not get the members there to request they use some of this Budget?

Only problem is, it'll be for ALL fans, and Club1872 only have around 8,000 fans signed up. 

Therefore it creates exactly the problem many suggested a long time ago.

I'd ask the question anyway. At least then nobody can say cost is a barrier.

I am happy for this to happen, but kept thinking yesterday when I looked at the banner that we have so many more problems than a SS area. We need a team who can win games and if there is any spare money I think that is where it needs to go first. 

I want to stress again I would like this to happen, just not sure why it is a priority at the moment. :headscratch:

7 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

The atmosphere in bf1 is good almost every game and would be better in a bigger standing section, the folk like myself who want to sing etc will try to move to the section to enjoy the singing and being able to stand and those who want to sit in silence can continue to do so while coming on here moaning that the atmospheres shite in the rest of the stadium. The folk in the standing section won't be bothered because the atmosphere will be decent there at most games

More folk singing sha la la la and oh oh oh oh canny wait , put the fear of death into opponents that 

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

How is safe standing going to improve the atmosphere? It will literally be taken up almost entirely by the UB and their tag alongs - who all stand anyway...

Bang on this the oh oh oh and sha la la will be a bit louder and the rest of the stadium will still be saying I'm no joining in with that pish 

10 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Bang on this the oh oh oh and sha la la will be a bit louder and the rest of the stadium will still be saying I'm no joining in with that pish 

Fields of ulster, derrys walls, blue sea of Ibrox, follow follow, when I was young, every Saturday we follow. All sung yesterday, nobody joined in. It's nothing to do with the 'oh oh oh' stuff.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

Fields of ulster, derrys walls, blue sea of Ibrox, follow follow, when I was young, every Saturday we follow. All sung yesterday, nobody joined in. It's nothing to do with the 'oh oh oh' stuff.

Didn't hear the UB at all yesterday mate 

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

Folk are in denial here

Say for talking sake it didn't improve the atmosphere, would it make it worse? If not then what's the problem?

Exactly, some people are just odd.

Choking for an argument on an internet forum

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Imagine actually having a go at the people who sing for no being loud enough, whilst you don't contribute to the singing in yer own stadium. :lol:

Couldny paint a red neck on some folk

But they are the heartbeat of the stadium?

Lol cringe.

Just now, wullyRFC said:

But they are the heartbeat of the stadium?

Lol cringe.

Naw they're no, the people who leave on 70 minutes if we're no winning after spending the full game shoutin abuse are the heartbeat of Ibrox, obv

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Naw they're no, the people who leave on 70 minutes if we're no winning after spending the full game shoutin abuse are the heartbeat of Ibrox, obv

70 minutes of the game watched more than some in the wee neds in the UBs right enough