Safe Standing Banner

Guest Lloyd72

On 20/08/2017 at 4:07 AM, Copland bear said:

Like me ?   Who has been a season ticket holder for over 30years and who,invested £5k in the club.  Yes I will move so some wee Spotty 17 year old who has been around Ibrox the full of 4 seasons telling us what we should do... 

If you want safe standing then the club can work out how much it will cost per seat say £2500 per head.  How many will pay that ? 

No you think us season ticket holders and shareholders should pay for this luxury? Are you prepared to pay say £3k for the price to change it and say a new season ticket next season?  

Thought not and as for reception? What a few wee claps  ???, dream on as it will never happen in the Copland and even if it did those people already there would get first refusal, These so called fans seem to think they are better than those that have been around for decades?    This is everything that is wrong at Ibrox.  

Great post bud??

IMG_4980.PNG.acb0748817bc9e90de93fbb00bed7aba.PNG

If I remember right 1 seat out =1.5 standing. But I do know that when the stadium became all seated the atmosphere became very poor, very quickly and has remained that way except for a few games. The atmosphere was something that used to make the games, now it is something you hope for. I would give the Enclosure and the Sandy Jardine front over to standing. Pleanty of places to sit around the ground.

PS, I am a share holder and we should pay for this, start at 1 point and season on season increase it until the 2 main stand that face each our are standing and will produce a good atmosphere.

9 minutes ago, ZZed said:

If I remember right 1 seat out =1.5 standing. But I do know that when the stadium became all seated the atmosphere became very poor, very quickly and has remained that way except for a few games. The atmosphere was something that used to make the games, now it is something you hope for. I would give the Enclosure and the Sandy Jardine front over to standing. Pleanty of places to sit around the ground.

PS, I am a share holder and we should pay for this, start at 1 point and season on season increase it until the 2 main stand that face each our are standing and will produce a good atmosphere.

Do you actually think we're going to turn about 12k+ seats into standing lol?

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Back in the 60's when I first used to go to Ibrox as a boy it was all standing (bar the stand).

Fans fighting amongst themselves, piss everywhere etc etc. I would hope that we have moved on from that. I say No to a standing area.

Surely you don't think everybody's gonny start pishing themselves cos they get tae stand? ?

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Back in the 60's when I first used to go to Ibrox as a boy it was all standing (bar the stand).

Fans fighting amongst themselves, piss everywhere etc etc. I would hope that we have moved on from that. I say No to a standing area.

'Back in my day'

On 20/08/2017 at 9:48 AM, Albertz_3 said:

No this is everything that is wrong at Ibrox. What makes you think you are anymore of a fan than the UB lads? Im pretty sure they are all Rangers fans too!

You have RENTED a seat for over 30 years. You never invested nothing, you gave Rangers 5k. 

The group has looked at various issues on costs and would be willing to compensate other fans that were to relocate as well as various ways of fundraising. "Us season ticket holders" again what makes you different from the 500 or so in the UB section that also have season tickets?

Im a bigger fan than you patter at its worst.

No I invested 5k in shares , and who the fuck do this  group think they are ?  The UB can go and take a fuck to themselves and they looked at various issues in this ?  And would be willing to compensate?

If Rangers and the board go ahead and start moving loyal season ticket holders  out the Copland for the UB then it will be a very sad day at Ibrox.  

The UB do not dictate to season ticket holders, ffs I have been a season ticket holder 33 years probably twice the majority of their fucking ages But hey we will all bow down to the UB. You are correct about renting  the seat but I get first refused every year and a reasonable amount of time to purchase this.

We do this we will lose season ticket holders as fans will not put up with it end off

5 hours ago, ZZed said:

I sit in the Sandy Jardine front and I wouldn't give my seat up for standing, especially for wee arseholes who think Rangers owe them some sort of special treatment - and do you think standing would help the atmosphere in games like Saturday 

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

We do this we will lose season ticket holders as fans will not put up with it end off

Attitudes like this is why Ibrox is a morgue.

"Is this a library?" and "Walking away is the Rangers way" will be ingrained in to the away fans songbook (may already be) if nothing changes in the stands.

Its embarrassing, a club and support of our size yet you could hear a pin drop 95% of the time in Ibrox. 

6 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I can confirm that I intend on urinating on the person directly in front of me at the first opportunity when safe standing in introduced.

15 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

So where is the money coming from for this? And if guys have to be moved from the CF to BF to accomodate this I'm assuming anyone who moves in the opposite direction will be giving up one of the OF game as they would have in the BF?

You assume wrong,  BF season ticket holders get both old firm games if they take up the option.

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

You think the only people that want it to happen stand in the BF? There will be plenty free seats around the stadium. 

The vast majority aye and no doubt the UBs will get first dibs since their the heartbeat n that.

I'm happy to give up my Seat, as I am all for a better atmosphere.

I would however not be interested in a move to BF1.  Would the club give us a free option to pick any seat in the Stadium?  Highly unlikely.  

I'd like to see the UB's in the Enclosure, or the corner between SJ and BF.