***Official Arsene Wenger/Arsenal Thread***

I actually like Arsenal (probably because of the Rangers shares) and feel for their fans. Wenger has been left behind and although he sticks to his principals which is admiral he gets easily out thought by other coaches and his players out fought. He seems to make no effort to change tactics against different opposition.

Everybody knows how to play against Arsenal now and they don't seem to be able to offer anything to counter it. Maybe their plan B should be to do plan A better??

If Wenger had left after 10 years he'd be forever lauded as their greatest ever.

3 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

10 games a season. They are always in top 6. So 5 other teams x 2 games = 10 x 5 seasons = 50. 

Pedantic loyal. 

Well it's said against top 6. I assumed it meant including Everton basically 

22 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

I actually do feel for Arsenal fans. It must be like how we'd feel if McCoist was in charge for 21 years. 

I think Arsenal fans deserve that Manager. They are mugs . One and all

To think other clubs live in the past .

Their support must we the most apathetic in English football

Wenger should have been booted out at least 5 years ago , not few years ago , not last year but 5 years back .

It is like de ja vu every fucking year with this pathetic bunch .

They have one thing in common with us . They are apathy is almost on a par with ours . Not quite though

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think Arsenal fans deserve that Manager. They are mugs . One and all

To think other clubs live in the past .

Their support must we the most apathetic in English football

Wenger should have been booted out at least 5 years ago , not few years ago , not last year but 5 years back .

It is like de ja vu every fucking year with this pathetic bunch .

They have one thing in common with us . They are apathy is almost on a par with ours . Not quite though

I agree that alot of their fans are absolute fucking roasters, but I don't think there's alot they could do to get shot of him. The protests have been growing in numbers every year and it made no difference. The board and Wenger are in very comfortable positions. They know the fans will sell out season tickets regardless so show absolutely no ambition. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I agree that alot of their fans are absolute fucking roasters, but I don't think there's alot they could do to get shot of him. The protests have been growing in numbers every year and it made no difference. The board and Wenger are in very comfortable positions. They know the fans will sell out season tickets regardless so show absolutely no ambition. 

Good post mate and good points ..You are spot on .I feel a lot of Arsenal fans just accept it to easily .Boycots are not favourable but surely it's time for these guys to do that 

That would bring change .Certain of it but it probably wouldn't happen 

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Good post mate and good points ..You are spot on .I feel a lot of Arsenal fans just accept it to easily .Boycots are not favourable but surely it's time for these guys to do that 

That would bring change .Certain of it but it probably wouldn't happen 

There's a very long standing tradition with Arsenal that you can whinge and moan as much as you like as a fan. The problem is the board is very much immune to it.

That's why they eventually acceded to Kroenke. He is just a yank version of the Bracewell-Smiths and the Hill-Woods. 

The board has had a chip on its shoulder since Abramovic came in. At first when Kroenke was sniffing around someone from the board was quoted as saying we don't want one of his kind around. 

They assumed he would be like Abramovic and come in with his billions and want to dictate who they signed etc. That wasn't the Arsenal way.

Fiszman and PHW were so pissed at Dein for letting him in they got rid of him.

Then they realised that he was hands off just like them so the board members sold more of their shares to him, partially because they were now OK with him, and secondly because Dein was involved with Usmanov.

If they had gone with Usmanov then the package would have come with Dein who has the relationship with Arsene to say spend the fucking money mate. Moshiri would also not be at Everton who are now competing for the same players.

At the end of the day Fiszman made it his mission to ensure Dein was never allowed back and Arsenal have suffered for it since.

A boycott won't work because there are more than 65000 on the ST wait list. Besides, the middle tier corporate holders won't give up their seats and that is where the commercial revenue comes from.

I disagree with most and think Arsenal has got a cracking squad that a modern day manager could do great things with. Problem is Arsene needs to leave the club completely instead of this moving higher up nonsense. The new manager needs to stamp in his own mindset without the past creaking around like a bad Scooby Doo villain. 

44 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What exactly is cracking about Arsenal's squad?

Way too brittle and way too weak.

Out of the current squad I'd keep Giroud, Lacazette, Sanchez, Cech, Ramsey, Coquelin and Wilshere, and I'd sell the rest. I haven't seen enough of Kolasinac to make up my mind on him.

Even then Giroud, Ramsey, Coquelin and Wilshere would be bench players.

Need to take a leaf out of Mourinho's book and build a big bastard spine first then piss about with your flair players on the outside. At the moment the Arsenal squad resembles a donut.

Xhaka, Elneny and Ozil should be the first out the door.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What exactly is cracking about Arsenal's squad?

Lacazette is a cracking young striker. Cech is a solid experienced GK. Bellerin has the potential to be the best RB in world football. Giroud is an amazing impact sub player. Walcott has the pace to take out tired defences. Sanchez, doesn't need saying. Xhaka has a bit of steel about him to manage the defensive duties in midfield. I could go on. Like many squads they do have their donkeys, but the squad is more than capable of challenging, it just needs someone with fresh ideas to energise them. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Way too brittle and way too weak.

Out of the current squad I'd keep Giroud, Lacazette, Sanchez, Cech, Ramsey, Coquelin and Wilshere, and I'd sell the rest. I haven't seen enough of Kolasinac to make up my mind on him.

Even then Giroud, Ramsey, Coquelin and Wilshere would be bench players.

Need to take a leaf out of Mourinho's book and build a big bastard spine first then piss about with your flair players on the outside. At the moment the Arsenal squad resembles a donut.

Xhaka, Elneny and Ozil should be the first out the door.

Wilshire is a busted flush. Not got the attitude and fitness for the highest level. 

4 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Lacazette is a cracking young striker. Cech is a solid experienced GK. Bellerin has the potential to be the best RB in world football. Giroud is an amazing impact sub player. Walcott has the pace to take out tired defences. Sanchez, doesn't need saying. Xhaka has a bit of steel about him to manage the defensive duties in midfield. I could go on. Like many squads they do have their donkeys, but the squad is more than capable of challenging, it just needs someone with fresh ideas to energise them. 

Football doesn't work like that. For example your comment about Walcott, just because he has pace doesn't mean he can take out tired defences. They play possession based football in which pace rarely makes a difference, especially when teams sit so deep against them. There's nowhere for him to run into. 

Xhaka, on his day is a nice passer of the ball, but just because he gets sent off occasionally and is a big boy doesn't mean he's 'solid'. They are yet to address that CDM position in my opinion. 

Bellerin has regressed instead of progressed. Genuinely terrible in defence, it may be down to his lack in confidence but he isn't helped by being hyped up with links to Barca. 

I do agree they're better than how they're performing, but their team needs 4 or 5 quality additions. 

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

Football doesn't work like that. For example your comment about Walcott, just because he has pace doesn't mean he can take out tired defences. They play possession based football in which pace rarely makes a difference, especially when teams sit so deep against them. There's nowhere for him to run into. 

Xhaka, on his day is a nice passer of the ball, but just because he gets sent off occasionally and is a big boy doesn't mean he's 'solid'. They are yet to address that CDM position in my opinion. 

Bellerin has regressed instead of progressed. Genuinely terrible in defence, it may be down to his lack in confidence but he isn't helped by being hyped up with links to Barca. 

I do agree they're better than how they're performing, but their team needs 4 or 5 quality additions. 

100% this.

I have been hoping all summer Barca come in and spend 30m on Bellerin.

I used to say that even when Arsenal were not winning anything from 2006-2010 that the football was worth the ticket price. It no longer is. 

Give me the the powerful, pacy Arsenal with genuine monsters in midfield and at the back rather than boring possession orientated meek side they have now.