New free sport tv channel.

jcb

It'll be interesting to see how long it remains free for. In a world where a Spurs player who played 4 games last season goes for Ā£18m no football coverage will cost zilch for long. Can see sky providing more of this to see how many viewers they get, start charging, and throw the additional revenue at the already rich leaguesĀ 

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

It'll be interesting to see how long it remains free for. In a world where a Spurs player who played 4 games last season goes for Ā£18m no football coverage will cost zilch for long. Can see sky providing more of this to see how many viewers they get, start charging, and throw the additional revenue at the already rich leaguesĀ 

It's true, maybe they'll go down the road of advertising, that's where a lot make their money from because being brutally honest it won't be "FREE" as such to broadcast I don't think, there's always a cost it's just a hidden cost, their cost to finance maybe will stem from that of advertising.

19 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I'm probably the only one here who struggles to watch football outside of Rangers, don't know why I just struggle, only the odd occasion but even then lose interest. This is good however for football fanatics who love to follow those other leagues.

I'm the same. Interested in scores and transfers etc but not sitting for 90 minutes watching two teams I have no allegiance to. Tried putting bets on for a while but still didn't do it for me. Only other games IĀ used to watch was the tarriers when we wereĀ neck and neck with them going for the league. Here's hoping I am watching their games come next April/May.Ā 

26 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I'm the same. Interested in scores and transfers etc but not sitting for 90 minutes watching two teams I have no allegiance to. Tried putting bets on for a while but still didn't do it for me. Only other games IĀ used to watch was the tarriers when we wereĀ neck and neck with them going for the league. Here's hoping I am watching their games come next April/May.Ā 

Indeed, I feel much the same way mate and know where you're coming from. I'd only ever watch Celtic in the hope the opposition could beat them or at least hold them to a draw, other than that never had much interest. Although take enthusiasm to whoever is linked to us.

11 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I'm probably the only one here who struggles to watch football outside of Rangers, don't know why I just struggle, only the odd occasion but even then lose interest. This is good however for football fanatics who love to follow those other leagues.

No mate you are not alone ?

I like other sports like rugby league, and ice hockey. This new freesports channel has both, and the very best of both, the Aussie NRL in rugby league, and the NHL in ice hockey.

Maybe they'll pick up the SPFL once the current deal with sky, and btsport runs out. It wouldn't exactly cost them too much although sky would still bid for the four Rangers v celtic games every season, it's all they really want out of Scottish football!.

17 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I like other sports like rugby league, and ice hockey. This new freesports channel has both, and the very best of both, the Aussie NRL in rugby league, and the NHL in ice hockey.

Maybe they'll pick up the SPFL once the current deal with sky, and btsport runs out. It wouldn't exactly cost them too much although sky would still bid for the four Rangers v celtic games every season, it's all they really want out of Scottish football!.

Even at that they are showing West Ham v Spurs at the same time as us v themĀ 

3 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

Even at that they are showing West Ham v Spurs at the same time as us v themĀ 

Yes I've seen that. It's a bit disrespectful of them, but their main hobby is the EPL so I suppose they've got to show their games, at a set time, even if there's a bigger game on.Ā 

You'd think that one of the other TV companies, ITV, channel 4, FIVE, BBC, etc could afford to put in a decent bid for the SPFL games, since they're all paying fortunes to televise other sporting events. Then maybe when sky, & BT, get massive numbers cancelling their sports subscriptions, from Scotland, & NI, they might sit up, and take notice?

I don't think that any Scottish football fan likes the way there's so much money in English football, yet next to fuck all in ours. I was even shocked when I saw what the BBC paid to screen MOTD,& MOTD 2, every week. I can't remember what it was, but it was a substantial amount of money, from the license fee. SKY pay over Ā£1billion, for EPL games per season. If they paid the SPFL just 10% of that, as that's approximately our population stat compared to the rest of UK, that would be Ā£100million coming into our game. Now that figure could change things for the SPFL. We'd be more on par with the EFL Championship, as opposed to the Irish League, which we are heading towards.

I remember when a top 6 Scottish team, played a top 6 English team, it would be a competitive game, & the Scottish clubs held their own against them. Now, if we were drawn against an EPL club in the Europa League, we'd be hoping that they'd rest some of their 1st team players, in order for us to stand a chance. It shouldn't be like that.

I better stop now before I start growing a big chip on my shoulder about this. I'm only asking for a fare deal for us. Surely just 10% of money spent on football, in the UK, should be spent on the SPFL. We're going to end up losing more, & more,, of our youngsters to supporting teams down south, because it's the only product they see, even if they're parents don't have SKY. A fare share is all I'm asking, maybe then we'd see Scottish teams in the EL group stages, and maybe one of the big two getting to the final occasionally? Is it too much to ask?

On 29/08/2017 at 10:56 PM, RangersScotty9 said:

No you're not, football has been in my blood since l can remeber but after the last 5 or 6 years with all the hatred l have giving up on everyone but Rangers and that sadly includes Scotland at the moment. It breaks my heart but fuck the lot of them, you want a war? bring it on you fucking on two faced plastic cunts.

On 9/3/2017 at 0:35 PM, dougie76 said:

No you're not, football has been in my blood since l can remeber but after the last 5 or 6 years with all the hatred l have giving up on everyone but Rangers and that sadly includes Scotland at the moment. It breaks my heart but fuck the lot of them, you want a war? bring it on you fucking on two faced plastic cunts.

I'm exactly the same. Used to watch the majority of games in the EPL, CL, Europa League etc. Now apart from our games the only football i watch is MOTD & Championship Highlights on C5. Didn't even know Scotland were playing last night until i heard the score on the radio earlier. I spoke to severalĀ  people this morning, all football fans and not one mentioned the game. Still don't know who scored and have no interest in finding out. Hatred is killing the game in Scotland and there are no signs this will improve over time, if anything it will get worse.