Pedro giving lectures at Mourinho Masterclass course

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

I know that the format of those competitions are somewhat of a joke. Didn't Pedro win "The Clausura" after finishing 8th in the league?

There have been plenty of teams that have won certain competitions despite not doing so well elsewhere in other competition, many Scottish teams do that domestically regarding the cup competitions but soon as it comes to the league they bottle it. If the competitions were that awful how did he manage to win the title for a team that never won it before, surely that is credible at least?

By no means does this guarantee success at a club of Rangers expectations but there's every chance he could get Rangers on track to where we want to be, something that can only be judged over time. And from your response, I bet you Mexicans would tell you differently and I know who I'd rather trust on that word.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

He won the competition that he finished 8th in. Maybe it's you who should read about Mexican football.

What about his other achievements there, as for the standard of football it is far higher ranked and a lot more competitive than Scottish football so I hardly call finishing 8th catastrophic.

Pedro has his critics on here. Gutting a team and bringing in a new 10/11 players was what most on here were screaming for.

A new team does not gel right away. Takes time. Revamping the youth set up also takes time before any results can be seen.

I think that bringing in Pedro was a brave decision and that given time will show it was the right decision.

Before he moves on Pedro will deliver 55.

Football is full of successful assistant coaches who turn out to be worthless as managers. There is little link between how good a coach/assistant manager is and how well they do in the top job. That's not meant as a criticism of Pedro. But lets be honest none of us have a fuckin clue  how good, bad or indifferent he will be as manager here.

1 hour ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

Football is full of successful assistant coaches who turn out to be worthless as managers. There is little link between how good a coach/assistant manager is and how well they do in the top job. That's not meant as a criticism of Pedro. But lets be honest none of us have a fuckin clue  how good, bad or indifferent he will be as manager here.

I seem to remember some years ago a certain assistant manager stepped into the breach after our "great " manager fucked off to Liverpool. Some said at the time he wouldn't be good enough. Look how that turned out. Give the guy a chance for fucks sake.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

How he felt it appropriate to be in Portugal at some university, giving a lecture about Mourinho - a connection his career appears to be based on - during transfer deadline day is beyond me.

I'm fond of a footballer's autobiography and it's incredible how many players are sold on a club based on the welcome recieved by the manager of their prospective employer. Vardy joined Leicester over Cardiff & Peterborough due to the welcome he recieved from Nigel Pearson; Lampard joined Chelsea thanks to his first interation with Claudio Ranieri; there's a trend and it's no wonder.

On deadline day, the manager should be in and around the stadium or the training ground. Anything can happen.

Is it all regardless? Possibly, considering we weren't competitive in the market on deadline day. Did Pedro know this? Maybe, who knows?

I should have posted this in here, but missed the topic.

16 hours ago, bordersbear said:

I seem to remember some years ago a certain assistant manager stepped into the breach after our "great " manager fucked off to Liverpool. Some said at the time he wouldn't be good enough. Look how that turned out. Give the guy a chance for fucks sake.

Was that last sentence aimed at me? Because at no point in my post did I doubt the manager. Maybe you ought to reread my post. I simply said no cunt on here has the slightest clue how he will do here. He could be the next Josie Mourinho or he could be the next Ian Cathro. Im happy to admit my ignorance, I wish others would too. Giving a lecture at something laughingly called a "masterclass" has zero bearing on how he'll do as manager.

57 minutes ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

Was that last sentence aimed at me? Because at no point in my post did I doubt the manager. Maybe you ought to reread my post. I simply said no cunt on here has the slightest clue how he will do here. He could be the next Josie Mourinho or he could be the next Ian Cathro. Im happy to admit my ignorance, I wish others would too. Giving a lecture at something laughingly called a "masterclass" has zero bearing on how he'll do as manager.

Not aimed at anyone. Simply stating that some seem to think he would be better as an assistant and that some also thought that about Walter . There are too many on here who can't wait for him to fail so they can say I told you so. Personally I hope he makes it work. I like the guy and he seems to have bought into the values of our club.

I think he will become a good manager for us, however I don't think he will be given the time he needs to make his plans work. You just don't get that at Ibrox. We expect the squad to be overhauled, play a different style of football, new training methods etc and for it just to work immediately.