Our player wins POTM

Clarkyyy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Clarkyyy said:

He never got a shot up front .. i admit he never sparkled every game out wide .. the thing im ssying is at a time when we couldnt score in a barrel of fannies we never gave him a shot up there

He's playing well just now but his goalscoring record over his career doesn't make for great reading and even if he had played up there for us I'm not convinced he would have been the answer there either.

Agree with you on Garner though. I wasn't his biggest fan, but I'm not convinced that Herrera is going to be an improvement on him. It's odd that Caxinha didn't fancy him because he looks to be tailor made for the system he wants us to play.

Where I'd say the manager has fucked up here is by telling everyone that an on loan player isn't his type and has no future with him as boss.  Potentially doing us out of maximum possible sell on value.  Especially one that starts getting his finger out his arse and is showing some interest.

Say nowt, see how it goes and take it from there.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He's playing well just now but his goalscoring record over his career doesn't make for great reading and even if he had played up there for us I'm not convinced he would have been the answer there either.

Agree with you on Garner though. I wasn't his biggest fan, but I'm not convinced that Herrera is going to be an improvement on him. It's odd that Caxinha didn't fancy him because he looks to be tailor made for the system he wants us to play.

Far too early to speak on Herrera, he could've easily have had a few against Motherwell had the ball been played into him in the box. I think he'll score a fair few this season if given the service, the goal away to Ross County showed that he's capable, here's hoping he can do that on a regular basis as it'll give Rangers that extra goal scoring threat up front. 

On 05/09/2017 at 10:28 AM, Big Al II said:

He was farmed out because every chance he had he was pish and didn't try a leg or give a fuck.

Do you really believe he got a chance? I doubt many teams have signed a player less suited to the way we play than us signing MOH.

He didn't really want to be with us and I don't think his style suited us either. Three different coaches (rate them or not) didn't fancy him so something was up.

He's had a good bit of form since joining another club like the rest of the players we let go in the summer. Let's see at the end of the season how many goals he's scored and where St. Johnstone are? And the same goes for Garner, Waghorn, McKay etc.

I'd rather focus on the strong start we've had from Morelos and that Herrera scored his first goal for us in the last match.

45 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Do you really believe he got a chance? I doubt many teams have signed a player less suited to the way we play than us signing MOH.

Absolutely...never said he was a bad player, as you said it's more difficult for his style of play when teams sit in a bit deeper against you.

He played well several times as a sub, then was atrocious when he got his start the next game.

Another instance of a player happy to play out his career at a club with no expectations or pressure. Better players than him have failed at Ibrox for the exactly that reason.

Surely no matter how well he plays for St J's he will never kick another ball for Rangers after criticising the training methods at the club.

No great loss as he was as underwhelming a player as I remember playing for us. Totally failed to live up to potential.

Harvey double penetration ... 

That rat-eyed fenian would never put the same effort in with us than he's doing with St Johnstone atm. Listening to Miller there on Sky Sports News and he let slip that he's "more comfortable at St Johnstone" ... meaning what exactly?