Dorrans and Jack

Chineseboy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack to be honest seems like a star to me. Notice him far more than Dorrans in the games.

I think Dorrans is a very tidy player and I think he is doing his job well also.

Dont really see the need to break up the partnership to be honest. It isnt flashy, but we seem to control the midfield well.

Bigger issue is Miller and Niko for me. Love Miller and think he is a great pro, but his best days are behind him. Pena to start the next match for me in his place. Niko is too much of a luxury for me, Windass to start in his place.

6 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

We just won 4-1 But let's look for negatives. Ffs

I'm happy with the win, but going forward we will need to address some areas of our game. This pairing might turn out to be very good together but just feel that we lack some fluency at the moment when they are together.

Jack and Dorrans are one of the best things about the team right now.  What we need to change is Miller who brings next to fuck all and Kranjcar who hasn't carried his preseason form in to the competitive games.  

Give one of the young loan players a run out at left-wing in front of Wallace.  Put Pena in the middle in front of Jack and Dorrans and let's see the boy grow in to this team.  

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Jack and Dorrans are one of the best things about the team right now.  What we need to change is Miller who brings next to fuck all and Kranjcar who hasn't carried his preseason form in to the competitive games.  

Give one of the young loan players a run out at left-wing in front of Wallace.  Put Pena in the middle in front of Jack and Dorrans and let's see the boy grow in to this team.  

Agree with Miller, I like the guy, a solid pro, but he really shouldn't be starting.

Just now, jim beam said:

I like Jack and Dorrans and wouldn't worry too much about the partnership but as said above Miller and Niko are holding the team back.

To be honest.. I haven't seen a lot of matches yet -- hopefully get up to Glasgow soon.  but from what I read on here from many,,, Miller certainly should not be in the starting 11.. and Niko .. while still a great passer of the ball -- is well past it.  Jack and Dorrans?  I'd give them time to figure it out... Well. that's Pedro's job... But they need time.  I'm not going to draw a parallel to Lampard and Gerrard though lol

Still excellent victory... need to keep up the momentum before we play the scum. :tu:

Steady, if unspectacular from the two. I don't think we'll see either dominate or dictate the game but they'll need to step up against "them". Both did fine today but, as others have said, the negatives are the two OAP's in the team that have offered very little across the last 2-3 games. In all fairness, Id bench Miller but just get rid of Kranjcar; waste of a wage. 

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

I like Jack and Dorrans and wouldn't worry too much about the partnership but as said above Miller and Niko are holding the team back.

Agree 100%, teams are clearly going to set up just to stifle us, we need pace and runners to stretch the game. Miller and Kranjcar just slow everything down and so often take the momentum out of our attacks.Not to mention that they both just wander around the pitch playing wherever they want. I'm surprised that Caixinha continues to pick them given he seems to like structure and players having a distinct role, hopefully both will be phased out after today.

Overall though a good result, not a great performance but signs of improvement and hopefully still a lot more to come.

Just now, dee9 said:

Dorrans really needs to be giving us more. Sitting far to deep which in turn is contributing very little. 

cause kenny every position miller keeps dropping into the space dorrans would drive into, drop miller for herrera, and allow dorrans to play his game, he'll flourish

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

cause kenny every position miller keeps dropping into the space dorrans would drive into, drop miller for herrera, and allow dorrans to play his game, he'll flourish

Yeah I wouldn't disagree with that mate. It's so frustrating as well as I feel he could be doing so much more week in week out for us.

23 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I don't think they should be playing together, one or the other in my opinion. Both seem to be way too similar, and both of them together stops us getting up the pitch quickly. Thoughts?

It's the formation not the players that stops us getting up the pitch quickly. The fact we have two in the centre means they have to do doggies to get up and down the pitch. Imo we should change to  a 4-2-3-1 and have Dorrans playing further it. He is being limited by this formation and I think the opening day shows he can get into the box and score.