Dorrans and Jack

Chineseboy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the positive comments Bears... Nice to read and makes a massive change from years gone by.  We're not world beaters (yet)... but it looks like we are heading in the right direction.  

Of course, massive test coming up that will probably define our season.  Before then, Pedro needs to get our starting 100% set.  My fear is he'll opt for 'experience'.  We need to take bold steps now...  The players must be gaining in confidence.. We must leverage that. :tu: 

11 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Dorrans really needs to be giving us more. Sitting far to deep which in turn is contributing very little. 

Because we only have two in the centre but still want to play the ball out from the back. Dorrans and Jack are outnumbered in the middle nearly every week so they have to come really deep to try and get on the ball then Dorrans is expected to run half the length of the pitch and back to get into the box. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

jack is the player that does the job no cunt else wants, think the way hemdani was, break up play, stop midfield runners etc, get the ball from the centre halves and give it to the more flair type players

And loving life at Rangers. :tu: 

13 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Steady, if unspectacular from the two. I don't think we'll see either dominate or dictate the game but they'll need to step up against "them". Both did fine today but, as others have said, the negatives are the two OAP's in the team that have offered very little across the last 2-3 games. In all fairness, Id bench Miller but just get rid of Kranjcar; waste of a wage. 

I agree with all of this.:tu:

Niko just can't cut it at this level anymore. Kenny could be useful as an impact sub as others have said.

Great win today and over all I'm pleased with the performance.

Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Said the same to @Rfc52 wee boy before the game.

Think it would make sense if he is a mainstay until Wallace starts appearing less and less. Has the heart for it, knows what it's all about and a right good player too. 

1 minute ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Because we only have two in the centre but still want to play the ball out from the back. Dorrans and Jack are outnumbered in the middle nearly every week so they have to come really deep to try and get on the ball then Dorrans is expected to run half the length of the pitch and back to get into the box. 

This. I would happily play both in a five man midfield. 3-5-2 is the way to go. Feel that against better teams we will be overrun in the middle. With a five man midfield , with two holding then we will not be overrun.

7 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

This. I would happily play both in a five man midfield. 3-5-2 is the way to go. Feel that against better teams we will be overrun in the middle. With a five man midfield , with two holding then we will not be overrun.

Yeah I think a three with Jack, Dorrans and one other would be pretty good. Maybe Rossiter in the bigger games but I think he and Jack are too similar for the smaller teams and games at home. Someone in the style of Holt would be ideal next to Jack and Dorrans I think, someone with energy to get about and cover the whole pitch while Jack sits and Dorrans gets forward. I don't think Holt's good enough but that type of player would be perfect. 

44 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I don't think they should be playing together, one or the other in my opinion. Both seem to be way too similar, and both of them together stops us getting up the pitch quickly. Thoughts?

I said that a couple of weeks ago but was told Dorrans is a more attacking/creative player. I have yet to see it.....

35 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Bold prediction, but I think Ryan Jack may be the next Rangers captain.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, he certainly has all the attributes .

I never notice players from other teams , so he was never a stand out to me for the sheep , but he's been excellent for us . Our best signing imo , hes what we've been missing for years . 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

As I said in the Candeias thread, Jack seems to be doing the job we thought Dorrans would be doing.

Maybe in terms of how much influence he is having but certainly not in terms of style of play.

Think most, myself included were expecting Dorrans to be making things happen higher up the park.

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Maybe in terms of how much influence he is having but certainly not in terms of style of play.

Think most, myself included were expecting Dorrans to be making things happen higher up the park.

I was more meaning influence in terms of driving with the ball forward. Which I guess is also a bit of style of play.

But yeah I too was expecting Dorrans to be in behind the strikers a bit more. He seemed to be doing the mopping up today in the home above the defenders.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I was more meaning influence in terms of driving with the ball forward. Which I guess is also a bit of style of play.

But yeah I too was expecting Dorrans to be in behind the strikers a bit more. He seemed to be doing the mopping up today in the home above the defenders.

Dorrans is a bit of a weird one, he hasn't been bad by any means but think everyone is a little disappointed because we all had such big expectations for him, especially after Motherwell.

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Dorrans is a bit of a weird one, he hasn't been bad by any means but think everyone is a little disappointed because we all had such big expectations for him, especially after Motherwell.

Yeah. He's been solid if not spectacular in every game.

I think the best Dorrans has played in his career was when he first signed for West Brom and he was played as a wide midfielder but not a winger.

But that was a long time ago now and he's definitely moved on from that style of play.