Dorrans and Jack

Chineseboy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack was outstanding. Dorrans is a real worry. Sitting far too deep he was anonymous again today. He just doesn't' do anything at all. Defensively or offensively. Very disappointed with him. Looks the way Halliday did at CDM, fish out of water. 4th poor game in a row for Dorrans. 

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I've no idea how someone could have watched us over the last few weeks and come to the conclusion that Jack and/or Dorrans are the problem.

Baffling.

I am not saying they are a problem. But, like a few other posters, I just think we should be attacking a bit more, and the two of them are too defensive. As I said, in a five man midfield , I would definitely have them, just not in a four man midfield. 

Wouldn't have thought they were similar players. I expected Jack to tidy up in the midfield while Dorrans got forward but he seems to sit back and do the same job as Jack. Always the simple pass with him as well and never looking for that killer ball.

Disappointing since the Motherwell game imo.

Dorrans is being misused the very same way Halliday was. GD is not and never will be a defensive player the way Pedro is hanging him out to dry. 4 games now he hasn't kicked a ball. A mere passenger in games. I would play him wide left with Pena in front of Jack and Rossiter. Candeias right and Morelos up front. 

18 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Dorrans is being misused the very same way Halliday was. GD is not and never will be a defensive player the way Pedro is hanging him out to dry. 4 games now he hasn't kicked a ball. A mere passenger in games. I would play him wide left with Pena in front of Jack and Rossiter. Candeias right and Morelos up front. 

That could work, Dorrans on the left, he has some creativity in him, and a decent work rate to help Wallace in that side.

2 minutes ago, AndoBien said:

That could work, Dorrans on the left, he has some creativity in him, and a decent work rate to help Wallace in that side.

I've seen him play on the flanks a number of times and he has always been a danger going forward. He's an attacking player with outstanding delivery and a great shot on him. Right now he is being ruined and stifled playing so deep. As it stands his signing is pointless, he's bringing nothing to the table at all. 

Dorrans has demonstrated, at times this season, that he has the rare creative talent in the offensive zone of providing through balls down the channels to the, splitting defences.

Leave Jack to clean up defensively and feed Dorrans to make these plays.

Hopefully, the fact that Dorrans has not done enough of this is down to tactics rather than something else.

I think Dorrans is being underestimated a bit here. Sometimes people look too much at the ball and not much at the work that gets done off it (which is natural BTW)! Dorrans does a lot of work off the ball. For me, though, Jack was outstanding today and my MOTM (although I have no complaints about Morelos getting it). 

If you remember our team last season then look at what we have now it's like night and day. Obviously the big tests are yet to come with them in 2 weeks and the sheep but I'm certainly a lot more confident - as are the team.

12 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I've seen him play on the flanks a number of times and he has always been a danger going forward. He's an attacking player with outstanding delivery and a great shot on him. Right now he is being ruined and stifled playing so deep. As it stands his signing is pointless, he's bringing nothing to the table at all. 

When was the last time you seen him on the wing? About 8 years ago at West Brom??

Your just one of many on here who last seen him when he was at his peak as an attacker at wba many many moons ago. In between that time like it or not hes played a defensive midfield roll for West Brom and Norwich.

You fire posts out as if your always right but actual know fuck all in regards to what position he's occupied last few years.

He's doing nowhere near enough but let's end this "he's an out and out attacking midfielder" carry on. 

Think both add something to the team.Unfortunately they also have the problem of Miller not staying where he should be and Niko not being able to move much from where he is!!!This means they have little option for passes in front and a liability to cover beside them.They go forward when they can but retain possession when they can't but always try to keep the ball alive trying to create space.For me it was a different game when Windass and Penna came on.Windass will attack players opening up space for Jack and Dorrans to exploit and Penna was actually very good at taking up the positions in the box that Miller should be doing and getting his reward with a goal.

For me they are both great players just tweak the people around them and we will see even more from them.

I will agree that both are playing in a similar part of the pitch but I don't think there is any issues at all. Dorian's does a lot of breaking up play and keeps the ball ticking over, which has been his game for the last 4 or 5 years. Jack was the best player on the park today I thought, and was involved in the 3rd goal. 

18 hours ago, Chineseboy said:

I'm happy with the win, but going forward we will need to address some areas of our game. This pairing might turn out to be very good together but just feel that we lack some fluency at the moment when they are together.

It was a great win but you are spot on, Dorrans seems to have disappeared, Jack is doing alright, we'll get away with it against dundee but the scum will be a different story,,that's the litmus test !

image.gif

36 minutes ago, AldoKrfc said:

I will agree that both are playing in a similar part of the pitch but I don't think there is any issues at all. Dorian's does a lot of breaking up play and keeps the ball ticking over, which has been his game for the last 4 or 5 years. Jack was the best player on the park today I thought, and was involved in the 3rd goal. 

Can't agree with your MOTM Cardeias made 2 of the goals, worked his socks off and showed plenty ability throughout the game