Dorrans and Jack

Chineseboy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Jack is doing what we expected him too. Nothing fancy just keeps things ticking over and gets stuck in. 

Dorrans on the other hand is not doing enough. Didn't get the hype surrounding him as he always struck me as an average player and apart from one game he has yet to prove me wrong.

23 minutes ago, TopCat said:

This :tu:all day long.

Against Dundee maybe aye...even against Thistle in the next 2 games...

Wouldn't like to drop Miller (or even Kranjcar) for the old firm, both have experience playing in it, albeit Kranjcar didn't exactly light the place up when he played...and both players are more mature and wise to the refs up here...

Shoving Pena or even Herrera into the team from the start, this early in the season, when a big defeat off them would shatter the confidence of the team and the individual, is something I don't see Pedro doing.

After the old firm I fully expect to see Kranjcar dropped for Windass/John, with Miller slowly disappearing out the team with Pena/Herrera replacing when they are up to full speed.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Wouldn't like to drop Miller (or even Kranjcar) for the old firm, both have experience playing in it, albeit Kranjcar didn't exactly light the place up when he played...and both players are more mature and wise to the refs up here...

Shoving Pena or even Herrera into the team from the start, this early in the season, when a big defeat off them would shatter the confidence of the team and the individual, is something I don't see Pedro doing.

After the old firm I fully expect to see Kranjcar dropped for Windass/John, with Miller slowly disappearing out the team with Pena/Herrera replacing when they are up to full speed.

Kranjcar has 45 mins experience, in which, he got run ragged. Windass has more experience and is a better player.

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

So they two have OF experience.

More recently, they struggle against Dundee.

But they're suitable to play against a far more dynamic team in the bheast? Niko especially?

Their maturity towards refs will be great as we get humped by playing 2 men down.

Their presence is likelier to bring a big defeat than Herrera getting a game.

Have you watched many games this season and do you recall just how bad niko was against them last season. Someone mentioned the Dalcio v progres as the worst Rangers player display they've ever seen - for me that niko performance was worse than any Dalcio ever played.

Both them starting = defeat. Nothing surer.

What I noticed on Saturday was that Jack was about 10 yards further forward that Dorrans. When we signed Dorrans I was expecting him to be further forward getting into the positions that Pena was when he came on. I feel he is being wasted playing the way he is and is a waste of a jersey at times as a sitting holding midfielder. 

Excellent pairing. We need a third player just in front to help them out though. Give celtic and Aberdeen an extra man in midfield and they'll absolutely body us. Been saying it for a while, but we desperately need Pena to be a player. If he is, we're a quality left and side from being a proper decent side. 

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

If we start those 2 against the scum we will get tore apart 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So they two have OF experience.

More recently, they struggle against Dundee.

But they're suitable to play against a far more dynamic team in the bheast? Niko especially?

Their maturity towards refs will be great as we get humped by playing 2 men down.

Their presence is likelier to bring a big defeat than Herrera getting a game.

Have you watched many games this season and do you recall just how bad niko was against them last season. Someone mentioned the Dalcio v progres as the worst Rangers player display they've ever seen - for me that niko performance was worse than any Dalcio ever played.

Both them starting = defeat. Nothing surer.

They weren't the only players to struggle against Dundee, Dorrans/Wallace have been just as bad the last few games but seems to be Niko/Miller getting the stick at the moment.

The alternative to Niko just now realistically is Windass, who completely blows hot/cold, no idea what player would turn up. Niko has the ability to pick a pass against a team that doesn't part the bus & Miller has shown time and time again he pops up with a goal against them, he also knows what these games mean more than Herrera for example. 

Watched every game, Niko has shown flashes of quality, more so than the 3/4 dribbles that Windass has given us, he had a terrible game last season against them no doubt, as did the other 10 players on that park. As for Dalcio, not seen anywhere near enough to judge him.

Tbh, we're not keeping a clean sheet against them next week & we'll likely lose the possession battle, having players like Niko/Miller who can pop up with something out of nothing is what we need

4 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Jack has been our best player this season, Dorrans has been neat and tidy without doing anything spectacular. I think they make a good partnership, pretty solid and good on the ball.

Least of our worries. 

Been good but morelos has been the difference maker.

14 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

They weren't the only players to struggle against Dundee, Dorrans/Wallace have been just as bad the last few games but seems to be Niko/Miller getting the stick at the moment.

The alternative to Niko just now realistically is Windass, who completely blows hot/cold, no idea what player would turn up. Niko has the ability to pick a pass against a team that doesn't part the bus & Miller has shown time and time again he pops up with a goal against them, he also knows what these games mean more than Herrera for example. 

Watched every game, Niko has shown flashes of quality, more so than the 3/4 dribbles that Windass has given us, he had a terrible game last season against them no doubt, as did the other 10 players on that park. As for Dalcio, not seen anywhere near enough to judge him.

Tbh, we're not keeping a clean sheet against them next week & we'll likely lose the possession battle, having players like Niko/Miller who can pop up with something out of nothing is what we need

Cheers for justifying your reasoning.

Well off the mark imo.  The worst team we could possibly play imo out if the players who have seen game time in the last month.

Hope to fuck you're not Pedro.

I'd be tempted to start Jack and Rossiter against the taigs, with Dorrans in front of them. Absolutely cannot have any passengers in that midfield battle and those 3 are our best bet, Niko is a man down and Peña doesn't look quite there yet. Think we'll see Rossiter get game time against thistle.

52 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Think it would give us a better chance than Windass/Herrera...not including Pena in that as hes not realistically in with a chance of starting just now

He should be starting the double header against Thistle, would rather see him get 60 mins then get subbed than 20 mins at the end. 

9 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Jack has been our best player this season, Dorrans has been neat and tidy without doing anything spectacular. I think they make a good partnership, pretty solid and good on the ball.

Least of our worries. 

Our best signing from a Scottish club for a while imo, most managers fist pick, the guys good at what he does which is break it up, fire in tackles and pass it to the skilful guys. Hard to say after so few games who's our best player, morelas's goals? Bruno and cardosa giving us confidence at the back? Candeles with quality ball after quality ball when he's not tracking back? Glad to have a few favourites in the team again ???

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Cheers for justifying your reasoning.

Well off the mark imo.  The worst team we could possibly play imo out if the players who have seen game time in the last month.

Hope to fuck you're not Pedro.

Unless Declan John comes on to a game in the next 2 matches against Thistle our team picks itself for next week I think, I could maybe see Windass for Kranjcar happening but Miller will play

Thankfully not...

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He should be starting the double header against Thistle, would rather see him get 60 mins then get subbed than 20 mins at the end. 

100% agree, if he starts the 2 against Thistle and plays well id be happy to include him, just dont see him getting a start against the tarriers