Questionable to say the least I'd say

RFC55

A Rangers fan broke her ankle while leaving Ibrox with her daughter – after they were hit with a barrage of abuse from her OWN supporters.

Claire Hamilton, 33, from Craigie, Dundee, was left in excruciating pain and fainted after she hurried terrified Paige, eight, away from the taunts.

Although the mum is a Rangers fan, she was in the away support’s end when the two teams met in Glasgow last weekend as her little girl is an avid Dundee supporter.

Claire, who works at a butcher’s shop, said: “After the match, we were walking out of Ibrox when some Rangers fans started shouting abuse at us.

“Paige became really frightened so I picked her up and started to carry her to try to calm her down a bit.

“While I was lifting her up, I didn’t notice the step that was beside us and tumbled down it.

As I had Paige in my arms, we landed on top of each other.”

Although Paige fell with her mum, she came away with only a small bruise on her back.

Claire not only suffered a broken ankle but also fainted directly after the accident.

She said: “Straight after the fall I tried to move, but I fainted.

“I woke up outside Ibrox wondering what was going on.”

Members of the stewarding team and the cops saw what happened and rushed to Claire’s aid, before getting her back inside the stadium.

She was then taken to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Govan where she was treated for her injury.

Claire said: “The treatment at Ibrox was amazing. They took me inside and got an ambulance straight away. It really was helpful.

Luckily Paige was able to get home safely with other Dundee fans.

“We went through on a supporters’ bus so while I went away to the hospital Paige travelled home with the other fans who we have got to know throughout the years.

“It was Paige’s first time at a match at Ibrox and she is quite shaken up about it all so she isn’t in a rush to go back.”

The doctors have advised Claire that she could be off work for up to six weeks. She has moved into her ex-partner’s house while recovering — and she is currently sleeping on the couch as she is unable to climb up and down the stairs.

She said: “It is handy to have other people around the house as having an eight-year-old and a broken ankle isn’t the best.”

Rangers won the match comfortably, defeating Neil McCann’s side 4-1.

We told you earlier how celtic lout John Hatton yesterday apologised to a fellow Hoops supporter nicked for punching him following his Parkhead pitch invasion shame.

A court heard the sozzled yob felt guilty that Anthony Lavelle, 61, was arrested for thumping him on the head as cops and stewards huckled him past raging Bhoys supporters during the Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain.

What we thinking here then? If a wee lassie was abused then that's poor but this seems a bit of a diverter for the papes Imo.

Anyone notice anything after the game?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So she supports Rangers but her 8 year old is a die hard Dundee fan. We're to assume the wee lassie was wearing Dundee colours and was abused by fans? How many 8 year old lassies are big Dundee fans when their parents support other clubs? Mon tae fuck

Utter tripe

I'd believe adult sheep, hearts, taig or HIV fans getting a bit of abuse shouting at them but not a wean. And other teams fans walk to Ibrox from all around the stadium wearing colours and I've never seen any of them being hassled 

The story is utter nonsense 

In the week a tarrier punches another tarrier for running on the pitch at the piggery for the world to see, this utterly believable story comes out,  presumably from the completely honest and down the middle Scottish press? Fuckin hell, their stories are getting more and more pathetic. :lol: