So when it comes to money...

Bluenose1986

... the theory in the modern game is that those with money should do well. 

Aside from the tarriers, we have more to work with. So why is it not working? 

I'm personally frustrated as many other bears are but why are we struggling so much?

doubtless there are reasons but I'm struggling to understand how we, with the second biggest budget, are toiling so badly. When is this fucking pish going to end?

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Because we have had to replace a team capable of beating the taigs and we haven't done that yet. Their team cost £20million in transfer fees not to mention wages. We aren't in that ballpark.

In terms of transfer fee alone I couldn't give a fuck. All I want is more from Cardoso. There's definitely a player there but he's taking the cunt now.

No I get all the blame King. He's not exempt but for fucksake. I'm beyond exasperated. Yes I grew up during the 9 in a row era so it's skewed my perception somewhat. 

Its just fucking painful to watch us "fight" for second place when right now, given our resources it should be expected (but not acceptable). 

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

In terms of transfer fee alone I couldn't give a fuck. All I want is more from Cardoso. There's definitely a player there but he's taking the cunt now.

Honestly mate, there's 3 or 4 well ahead of Cardoso for me. Miller, windass, wallace for a start.

1 hour ago, Bluenose1986 said:

No I get all the blame King. He's not exempt but for fucksake. I'm beyond exasperated. Yes I grew up during the 9 in a row era so it's skewed my perception somewhat. 

Its just fucking painful to watch us "fight" for second place when right now, given our resources it should be expected (but not acceptable). 

Yes. Yes it is painful. I don't mind seeing us fight though.  In fact I want to see us fight. Fight like fuck. And if after all that fighting we are still 2nd then that's where we are. 

I would rather see that, than see no fight and "aye but we haven't their money" excuses.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Pedro must have known what the score was, he knew his budget and he knew the task in front of him, he may or may not be a success but on present form no one would bet on him.

I can see what he is trying to do. I haven't seen that with out previous couple of managers.

He is not immune to mistakes though, and he needs to sort them out or it will cost him his job.

27 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Because we have had to replace a team capable of beating the taigs and we haven't done that yet. Their team cost £20million in transfer fees not to mention wages. We aren't in that ballpark.

But we've already dropped 7 points and we haven't even played them yet. We've spent more money than the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Patrick could afford. Either the budget is being mid-managed, the manager isn't getting enough out of the players or the players aren't performing. And that's two managers in a row now who've had issues beating the lesser teams with far superior budgets. 

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I can see what he is trying to do. I haven't seen that with out previous couple of managers.

He is not immune to mistakes though, and he needs to sort them out or it will cost him his job.

I might be wrong but didn't some say the same about Warburton?.... They could see what he was trying to do but the players just weren't good enough.

Frankly , all I can see is  that he wants them to play at a high tempo, that's fine if the players can make decent passes, we can't, and if they can't do that he needs to change his style of play, that's what managers do.

We were going nowhere with last season's team . We've rebuilt , we've got the spine of the team now with Cardoso and Alves as CH's . Jack , Dorrans and possibly Pena in midfield. Morelos and Herrera up front . 

A completely different set up from last season , other teams are quite stable and just need ' twerking '  . We didnt have that luxury . It will take time to gel , but the basics are there . Hopefully in time we can ' twerk ' too . 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

We were going nowhere with last season's team . We've rebuilt , we've got the spine of the team now with Cardoso and Alves as CH's . Jack , Dorrans and possibly Pena in midfield. Morelos and Herrera up front . 

A completely different set up from last season , other teams are quite stable and just need ' twerking '  . We didnt have that luxury . It will take time to gel , but the basics are there . Hopefully in time we can ' twerk ' too . 

Twerking? I agree mate, that's exactly what we need.

IMG_0356.GIF.4bfed3d0eba21dce707d389a11f260a5.GIF

When you spend between 3-4 million on two players in Scottish football they should at least be starting.

The worrying thing about Herrera and Pena is if they can't produce the goods now are they going to fancy it on a cold winters night up at Ross County?

Should never have allowed the window to shut with 37 year old Miller and Herrera who can't even start a game as our back up options.