FT scores and the table

Virtuoso

5 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Frank De Boer would be on akin with Advocat and need an open chequebook - something he won't get with the current board.

Add to that he's a risk.

Not for me.

Thats an easy post. Who then? Or do you stick with Pedro? 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, linfield1690 said:

We can still do it they cunts will lose and draw games

In all honesty i can't see them dropping many points. Unlike us where it appears every game we play is a Champions league final to many teams simply roll over for broonaldos barcasavco to get their tummys rubbed. To have any chance at all we need to win games like last night. I can see it being another grand canyonesque gap unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Thats an easy post. Who then? Or do you stick with Pedro? 

Haha, Pedro. Fuck that, I wanted him gone before this season started.

I mentioned it pre-season and I stand by it - Guss Hiddink. He was on TV earlier this year and was asked about getting back into management - he said he would, but that it wouldn't be about wages or a club with unlimited funding etc - he wanted a challenge.

Fuck me, where better than us.

For one, he has a proven track record unlike the usual names that get bandied about. Other than a dodgy spell in Spain during the nineties, his pedigree at both club and international level is second to none.

Plus a wee bit of previous tax evasion would endear him to King :sarcasm:

Failing him, what's Van Gaal doing nowadays?

55 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

No, we shouldn't be settling for second (let alone Bears saying they'll accept 3rd) - but you mention circumstances

For circumstances, internally:

25 player turnaround

A dozen new players.

Poor calibre of inherited players

No apparent youth ready to step up

Language barriers.

A newish manager

A squad value and payscale less than the bheasts.

Then onto the bheasts:

Consistent

Full of internationals 

Well managed

Beneficiary of refs decisions

They may not be world beaters but they consistently win in Scotland. When playing poorly too.

Anyone expecting to win the league in these circumstances is naive.

That's not accepting it, it's realism.

We either build gradually or we buy success. And there's no money.

If we are building quickly and well enough is a very valid argument. But building is what we should be doing as next season is the first realistic genuine challenge, not this one. Never was this one.

18 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

In all honesty i can't see them dropping many points. Unlike us where it appears every game we play is a Champions league final to many teams simply roll over for broonaldos barcasavco to get their tummys rubbed. To have any chance at all we need to win games like last night. I can see it being another grand canyonesque gap unfortunately.

It's not about CL final or anything like it.

Get the second goal and dominate as the bheasts do and teams think about damage limitation.

Fail to, as we do, and it gives teams hope, which at the moment is turning into goals and points against us.

A second goal and being on the front foot really would make the world of difference to us.

Watched the scum game and the only thing they do better is pass the ball, they very rarely make stray passes, they always seem to have players in space, the Dumbelly goal, there was no one near him, he had time to take the ball look up and shoot (another thing they're decent at)

Everything we do seems rushed and sloppy at times, we need to get in their faces next week, don't give them time to place a pass.

personally I don't think we were every challenging for the title it is all about finishing comfortably 2nd close the gap considerably and win the cups.

Something is different between this and last season they ain't running over teams like last season.

Will we win next weekend will be a tough ask but its more about getting a full 90mins performance for me.

On 16/09/2017 at 18:35, .Williamson. said:

No where near top 4?

Nowhere near top 4 in Scotland? We may pack it in now then.

I think you misunderstood, we're too good for it, we'll finish either 1st or 2nd. Right now too early to tell whether Rangers can get a run going to challenge celtic so likely 2nd.